Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,157 members, 7,907,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:20 AM

Your Childhood Memories - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Childhood Memories (2813 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / Which Of This Is Your Childhood Games (photos) / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Childhood Memories by damygurl(f): 1:50am On Aug 25, 2006
i used to play daddy and mummy and since i'm mummy i gotta cook for the family so we cook everything cookable. sand for amala and  leaves to make the delicious soup. i was a very good mummy.  cheesy

can't remember everything now but i used to sneak out and everybody has to be on the look out for my peeps.
climbed guava trees. i loved it.
played catcher catcher, olokun mearn, screaming/reciting nursery ryhmes at the top of my lung.
stole enough meat 4rm d pot. wink got caught a couple of times and my mom never spanked me for it. she alwayz talks and recites the bible. it's more painful dan spanking.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by Ebano(m): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2006
I remember building bird cages from palm tree leaves and stem and using the cages to set trap to catch colourfull birds it was so exciting
And during school holidays i always went with my friends after breakfast to the stream to fish
with hand made fish hookes
I also remember riding around the area with my tomahawk bicycle grin
I was always fond of climbing other peoples mango and guava trees
I was a boy scout pathfinder and remember the scout meetings, camping and jambories where we built tents cooked our own food and learned survival tactics
I also remember the songs we sang in the bus that brought us to the camping sites
I also remember taking part in march past during childrens day celebration with the boys scout troop at the stadium grin
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babonboard(f): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2006
i can remember wondering what's making noise in the small box called radio cheesy cheesy cheesy
i kept on imagining that the people do gather at the back of the box overnite and when day breaks
they start their singing.
this went on for a while till i grew old enough to know wats up grin grin grin grin grin

also i cant stop being a tomboy
Re: Your Childhood Memories by doubletree(f): 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2006
Tenten,catcher,police and thief before school started(used to get to school by 7 am) my nicely ironed beige uniform was always brown by the time we went into class.

walking home from school with my sister in the rain or sun, singing,  skipping, laughing with no worries in the world, no mortgage,loan repayment,income tax council tax,credit card bill,childcare fees,car loan, grin

oh yes! and i loved watching village headmaster on sunday evening,couldn't wait to gist about it in school the next day

Xmas in my hometown,my village cousins had lots of fabu stories (made up stories ) to scare us , we used to sit outside myGran'shouse at night on the mats ( having tales by moonlight smiley)

i hope i  give my kids lovely memories to cherish when they are older
Re: Your Childhood Memories by Ndipe(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2007
Doubletree, yeah, listening to stories by grandmother in my mom's village was something that I really miss. I enjoyed both the country and city life of Nigeria.

www.Nigerianmemories..com
Re: Your Childhood Memories by eeman(f): 4:05pm On May 14, 2007
It seems to me like children allover niaja basically played the same games, prankes regardless of state|tribe|religion.
I remember climbing trees,building houses in sand, playing catcher, landrover, mother mayi?, police and theif, ten-ten, suwe, my mother told me etc.
I honestly miss tales by moon light,sesame street.
who remembers the abiku drama.
Childhood was the best.
No worries,no stress.
grin grin
Re: Your Childhood Memories by anabell(f): 5:12pm On May 16, 2007
i was always with skipin rope {skipin}
Re: Your Childhood Memories by Sarifat(f): 4:18pm On May 19, 2007
well,my own is some how differ,

is about my immediate elder brother in those days when we were younger if you offend him and he wants to punish you he will ask you to come and start vomitting somethings he gave to you to eat some years back if you cannot which we all no is not possible, that is when he would beat the hell out of you mostly if our parent mosstly my dady is not at home.very wicked brother like that then but he is a changed person now.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by amaikama(m): 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2010
@poster, i did few of the things u all mentioned here. its like i should have them all over again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule / The Most Important Factor In Marriage / Who Would You Rather Save In A Burning House:your Wife Or Your Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.