Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,934 members, 7,873,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] (4907 Views)

Chevrolet Camaro VS Ford Mustang / Brand New Ford Focus 2014 Transmission Overheating / My Ford Focus Displays Engine Systems Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by AutosBay(m): 8:01am On Oct 31, 2014
Which would you put your money on ?

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Ford Focus.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 31, 2014
My money's on Honda product all day long but it depends.

Is Ford doing a zero interest loan, are they offering deep end of year discounts?
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2014
None! I rather burn the money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Homguy(m): 9:46am On Oct 31, 2014
Anything but a Japanese,..Ford.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 31, 2014
Homguy:
Anything but a Japanese,..Ford.

Oh please stop that. As if.

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by lonelydora: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2014
Siena:
Ford Focus.
No. Honda Civic
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ford Focus

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
Definitely a Honda Civic.

I'm not exactly a fan of Ford products except the 2011 explorer and above, and the 2008 escape.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Homguy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Oh please stop that. As if.
well, its my opinion,my view, my inclination grin. When I started driving , we used to have a ford explorer, a 190E, a kia optima(official vehicle),and a Nissan primera. Twas at that time I started wondering why the two Japanese felt so light and imprecise compared to the 190 and ford, they felt cheap and too light, like they were made of something inferior, they accelerated faster than the 190 and the ford alright, but they still felt flimsy all the same. Since then I have nurtured a bias against the japs,regardless of how fanciful they were cloaked. Now, this is no fault of mine. However, I must admit I havent driven any Japanese muscle car,or a very recent. Jap for that matter, but I have an inkling they are no better than there predecessors talking about providing immersive pure driving pleasure.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by chucky234(m): 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
Homguy:
well, its my opinion,my view, my inclination grin. When I started driving , we used to have a ford explorer, a 190E, a kia optima(official vehicle),and a Nissan primera. Twas at that time I started wondering why the two Japanese felt so light and imprecise compared to the 190 and ford, they felt cheap and too light, like they were made of something inferior, they accelerated faster than the 190 and the ford alright, but they still felt flimsy all the same. Since then I have nurtured a bias against the japs,regardless of how fanciful they were cloaked. Now, this is no fault of mine. However, I must admit I havent driven any Japanese muscle car,or a very recent. Jap for that matter, but I have an inkling they are no better than there predecessors talking about providing immersive pure driving pleasure.
You drove the wrong Jap at the right time, the Civic will dust the Ford Focus in sales even in the US.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
The Ford
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Homguy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
chucky234:
You drove the wrong Jap at the right time, the Civic will dust the Ford Focus in sales even in the US.
SALES you said? IMO, only maufacturers and nigerians(bandwagon syndrome) are almost always after sales. I don't care about sales as long as a vehicle I want ticks my boxes.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Homguy:
SALES you said? IMO, only maufacturers and nigerians(bandwagon syndrome) are almost always after sales. I don't care about sales as long as a vehicle I want ticks my boxes.

Sales is important for some reason.

1) It's a popular car and other motorists agrees with you.

2) Sales means that you'll have longevity in terms of support and parts. Come and ask those of us that bought 505s and then Peugeot put it's tail, Lion or not, between it's leg and ran back home and living us holding teh bag.

3) Your insurance rate will be lower because it's a common car.

So yes sales is a good indication of a good car, mostly.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Homguy(m): 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

2) Sales means that you'll have longevity in terms of support and parts. Come and ask those of us that bought 505s and then Peugeot put it's tail, Lion or not, between it's leg and ran back home and living us holding teh bag.

Sales volume is seldom an indication of a good car. "Good" being defined based on our diverse expectations from our autos(the landrover freelander is a pinpoint example,sold well enough to be a tagged a very good tool). neither does the fact that Toyota sells more units than Bmw make it the better car;let's not forget the "keeping up with joes" . I still believe manufacturers should be more concerned with sales than the average buyer. Last bullet- thread was about the better car, most likely not in terms of sales, but our personalized expectations from both vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Homguy:
Sales volume is seldom an indication of a good car. "Good" being defined based on our diverse expectations from our autos(the landrover freelander is a pinpoint example,sold well enough to be a tagged a very good tool). neither does the fact that Toyota sells more units than Bmw make it the better car;let's not forget the "keeping up with joes" . I still believe manufacturers should be more concerned with sales than the average buyer. Last bullet- thread was about the better car, most likely not in terms of sales, but our personalized expectations from both vehicles.

The better car is the one with the most sales.

You need to compare the correct segments. Lexus sells more LX4's than Land Rover will ever sell Rovers. Those of us, in my circle of friends, that buy and drive Land Rover products don't drive them because they are the best SUVs, there are clearly better SUVs out there but we drive them because of emotional reasons.

The average buyer should be concerned with sales, I know that I am.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by chucky234(m): 6:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Homguy:
Check overall ratings for both cars,
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by ba7man(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
If you truly know about cars, you'll know that the Ford Focus and VW Golf fight regularly to top honors in this class.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
lonelydora:

No. Honda Civic

Bro, you're here to post your choice of car from what is listed. Not attempt to sway me to see things from your side. Honda Civic is YOUR choice, Ford Focus is mine.

Let's leave it at that. cool

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by uboma(m): 4:53am On Nov 02, 2014
CityNG:

Sales is not always a good indication that a car is good. In my location, Jap mobiles sells fast here than German cars. That doesnt mean i will be swayed towards getting a Jap mobile.

I recently drove extensively my colleague's Honda Accord 2003 model, V6 and with an automatic transmission but you know what? The Accord runs very fast but I still prefer the handling of my Bimmer 520i '98 model with the manual transmission.

The rate at which a cars sells doesnt determine my choice of it...
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by billy187(m): 5:59am On Nov 02, 2014
Actually, the Ford focus is a way better selling car than the honda civic-worldwide.

www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2013/12/23/the-worlds-most-popular-cars-ford-focus-and-other-surprises/

Yeah, i'd go for the ford focus.....heck, I even own one now. Very fun car. I'd totally buy a focus ST when i can!

Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by abatically(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2014
uboma:

Sales is not always a good indication that a car is good. In my location, Jap mobiles sells fast here than German cars. That doesnt mean i will be swayed towards getting a Jap mobile.

I recently drove extensively my colleague's Honda Accord 2003 model, V6 and with an automatic transmission but you know what? The Accord runs very fast but I still prefer the handling of my Bimmer 520i '98 model with the manual transmission.

The rate at which a cars sells doesnt determine my choice of it...

When will u people realize that u are comparing the wrong cars? BMW 5 series is an executive / mid size luxury car while the Honda accord is a mid size family sedan. The BMW is superior and the one u drove is probably the awd version. So what would u expect?
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by uboma(m): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2014
abatically:

When will u people realize that u are comparing the wrong cars? BMW 5 series is an executive / mid size luxury car while the Honda accord is a mid size family sedan. The BMW is superior and the one u drove is probably the awd version. So what would u expect?

If you had comprehended my earlier post very well, you wouldnt spilling out the above thrash. Read through my posts on this thread very slowly so you can get the gist. Take your beef elsewhere.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by abatically(m): 10:21am On Nov 02, 2014
uboma:

If you had comprehended my earlier post very well, you wouldnt spilling out the above thrash. Read through my posts on this thread very slowly so you can get the gist. Take your beef elsewhere.

Bro no be fight o, and I don't see anything that looks like beef in what I wrote. U were comparing a 2003 Honda accord with a 5 series BMW. 2 cars of completely different class. Try comparing the BMW with Toyota aristo (which is sold as Lexus GS in north America). Then we will have a fair comparison... Definitely not with the accord.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by uboma(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2014
abatically:

Bro no be fight o, and I don't see anything that looks like beef in what I wrote. U were comparing a 2003 Honda accord with a 5 series BMW. 2 cars of completely different class. Try comparing the BMW with Toyota aristo (which is sold as Lexus GS in north America). Then we will have a fair comparison... Definitely not with the accord.

since you have a problem with comprehension, lemme oblige you just this once.

A Nairalander above said 'sales volume of a vehicle should determine one's choice of vehicle'. I pointed out that in my location, Jap mobiles sells faster than German cars. 90% of the people around me goes for either a Honda or a Toyota brand. That was why i compared the Accord with my Bimmer just to butress that for me personally, i will prefer the handling of a vehicle in making my choice instead of the volume/rate of sales...
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by abatically(m): 10:52am On Nov 02, 2014
uboma:

since you have a problem with comprehension, lemme oblige you just this once.

A Nairalander above said 'sales volume of a vehicle should determine one's choice of vehicle'. I pointed out that in my location, Jap mobiles sells faster than German cars. 90% of the people around me goes for either a Honda or a Toyota brand. That was why i compared the Accord with my Bimmer just to butress that for me personally, i will prefer the handling of a vehicle in making my choice instead of the volume/rate of sales...

Mr comprehension, if going by ur reasoning, then I can also come out and say I prefer the handling of an Audi A8 to that of Toyota corolla. Now does that sound like a fair comparison to u? Afterall the corolla sells more than the Audi.
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by uboma(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2014
abatically:

Mr comprehension, if going by ur reasoning, then I can also come out and say I prefer the handling of an Audi A8 to that of Toyota corolla. Now does that sound like a fair comparison to u? Afterall the corolla sells more than the Audi.

There wouldnt be any point responding to you after this...
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by abatically(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
uboma:

There wouldnt be any point responding to you after this...

I guess I need ur lame response lwkmd
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by chucky234(m): 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
abatically:

I guess I need ur lame response lwkmd
LMAO
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by sultaan(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
The Japanese cars are good but the main determinant of a used car value is what happens in the junk yard.

The junk yard of America is the junk yard of American cars where they go for a very cheap price, but the junk yard for Japanese cars is Africa and other third world countries where they have more value.

If Americans push their junks into Africa the price of the Japanese used car will fall. Instead those cars clog the junk yards.GM, and Ford don't have outlets in Africa where their small models are sold the ones in Nigeria are not trying enough to push vehicles Imagine how much we all liked the Jeep Cherokee when IITA was using them.

The junk yard is not in the business model of the Americans, they expect you to drive the car for maximum 5 years and get a new one; a 15yr old car should have been recycled twice.It takes less than 20hrs of labor to build a whole car why will the value of the car 20yrs from now in an African yard be a factor in my production.The Asians are closer to the 3rd world so it is part of their strategy to make sure it can be fixed in the jungle of Vietnam.

The American cars are made for the highways and they have small models for city driving too with a dealership in every corner.American cars have more gizmo which creates opportunity for more failure, Japanese cars on the other hand offer just the basic.

Here the Ford with its sync system and soon will be offering a 1l turbo(already in UK)has more value, and as CityNG implied steep discount why not?
Re: Honda Civic Vs Ford Focus [IMAGE] by starnuel(m): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
Having read all the posts, I have realised that toyota only gets its glory from the fact that it is used by the majority.

Also, mechanics play a major role in this. Most of them are illiterate who find no need in expanding their knowledge and skill base. Most of them were only trained on Japanese cars so they remain on that.

There are 1001 cars that are far better than Toyota and Honda but the fear of mechanics' lack of improvement thereby employing trial and error make people avoid other make.

But, if you are updated, you will discover that people are beginning to go for other makes now. You see some strange on the road of lagos these days. It shows that people are waking up. Where were chryslers, renault, suzuki cars (not bike), ford, kia, hyundai and some other funny names years ago? But now, you see them all around.

Our Mechanics should update. Imagine, if a mechanic says in this age he only repairs Manual Transmission car!

I use a Ford Focus and it is handy, solid, heavy and runs well. For me, I run from Honda because of the legs that tear on the road of lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Hyundai Genesis Vs Cadillac CTS (PICTURE) / Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures / We Are Ringing GS300 Lexus V6 This Week 08061371793

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.