Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,464 members, 7,917,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:36 AM

Effects Of Bleaching Cream - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Effects Of Bleaching Cream (1081 Views)

Is Caro White A Bleaching Cream??? / Effects Of Bleaching Cream On The Human Skin / Using Bleaching Cream To Improve Your Appearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Bleaching Cream by flashope(m): 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lack of self esteem has lead some percentage of women and men in Africa and some other countries to succumb to their self acclaimed weakness of their skin colour. They wish to get out of this depression by bleaching their skin. Unfortunately, bleaching of the skin is detrimental to one’s health and causes several havocs to the beautiful skin colouration. There are several bad effects of chemicals in bleaching cream on health. Prevalent ones are:

CANCER

Bleaching of the skin could cause skin cancer. Absorbance of some chemicals in bleaching cream has been linked to blood cancer.

HYPERSENSITIVITY OF THE SKIN

Bleaching removes and stops melanin production in the body directly exposing the skin to the effect of ultraviolet rays from the sun inducing hyper-sensitivity and skin irritation.

SKIN DISEASES COMPLICATION

Skin diseases are induced or aggravated by bleaching cream. This has been associated to the topical glucocorticoids in the cream.

AFFECTS INFANTS AND FEOTUS

Usage of bleaching cream by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers is not safe to the foetuses and infants respectively. Entry of the harmful chemicals in the cream into the blood makes the foetus or infant vulnerable to the menace of these chemicals. It tends to have very bad effects on the growing foetus and infant.

ELEVATES BLOOD SUGAR

Steriod in bleaching cream stimulates the increase in blood sugar especially when the steroids find their way into the blood stream. It would be more harmful to diabetic patient whose blood sugar is high.

ORGAN FAILURE

Accumulation of mercury is hazardous to the liver and kidney due to its potency in damaging the vital organs. Mercury is used in bleaching creams, its accumulation in the cell and transferred to organs can cause liver damage and kidney failure.

DARK SPOTS ON SKIN

Peroxide derivatives e.g. benzoyl derivative should not be used with hydroquinone in bleaching cream. These two substrates produce a product that may bring about the formation of temporary dark spots on the skin which could be unpleasant to sight.

OTHERS

Thinning of the skin via bleaching brings about exposure of cappilaries. In mild conditions itching could occur. Skin redness, bruises and swelling of the skin can also be caused by bleaching.

Bleaching should be prohibited to those that use it for personal reasons but medical uses. Doctors do prescribe valid bleaching cream that could be used by people with some kind of skin disease e.g. vitiligo . Those who bleach because they want to look fair should desist from such act and cherish the skin adorned on them. Black skin is a very good skin and very important for our health and protection. Cherish your skin and stop bleaching it off today.

SAY NO TO BLEACHING AND LIVE HEALTHY.

LETS CONVERSE
What do you think about bleaching?

culled from......http://livehealthyng..com/2014/09/effects-of-bleaching-cream.html

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Bleaching Cream by Janet101(f): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ok... I will tell my friend because everybody around me is bleaching now o

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Bleaching Cream by flashope(m): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2014
Janet101:
Ok... I will tell my friend because everybody around me is bleaching now o

it getting too rampant . This sudden desire to get light. they should be informed

(1) (Reply)

Man Dies After Consuming 8 Cans Of Bullet Drink To Win N1,600 / The Use Of Plastic Bags Is Banned In The Gambia / The Many Benefits Of Acupuncture Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.