Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,866 members, 7,942,164 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Brick Or Lace: Who Is The Hottest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brick Or Lace: Who Is The Hottest (23744 Views)

DJ Cuppy Pictured With Nyanda Of Brick N Lace / Tiwa Savage Wore 'Lace Bra' & Skirt To NEA Awards (Picture) / The Hottest Yoruba Actresses ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brick Or Lace: Who Is The Hottest by snazzy82(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2008
Here We Go Again Another Hot Stars,who Is More Sexy.for Me Its Lace,d One Wit Brown Hair In D Album "love is wicked"
biograpgy
history
Brick & Lace is a Jamaican R&B and Dancehall duo; Nyanda & Nailah Thourborne, real life sisters signed to Akon's Konvict Muzik/Kon Live Distribution label, 180 Entertainment, and Geffen Records. The name "Brick & Lace," is a represents feminine strength; dual sides of a woman in which can be felt in the fusion of Dancehall & R&B, both sides are seen through the music. "Lace," was the name suggested by their mother, and Nyanda added "Brick," to form "Brick & Lace" which helped define their sound.
Both women primarily encompass one side of their "Brick & Lace," analogy as noted in a March 2007 Yo! Raps interview. "Her voice, tone and stylizing and the way she spits her lyrics is edgy. She loves to push the envelope," Nailah said referring to Nyanda. Nyanda on the other hand views Nailah's voice as "versatile with a more R&B slant. She has a lot of presence and whatever emotion we need to get out of a record, she gets it, she's there."

The group however was not always a duo: their sister Tasha Thorbourne was once part of Brick & Lace. "It has been scary and at first it was like we couldn't move on. When she left the tour with Marcia Griffiths presented itself. Me and Nyanda, we never performed as a duo before, but at the point we were it was a great opportunity" (Jamaica Gleaner). The new dynamic helped this develop the Brick and Lace analogy more. Tasha Thorbourne left the group to focus on her family.

The three revealed in 2004, that they would be running around their home as young girls singing as they did chores and their first performance was at a church barbecue. Today, they are thankful to have worked with Jamaican acts such as Beenie Man, Diana King and others. The ladies have also worked with Lauryn Hill and are influenced by many US acts. "It's a mixture of all the influences that we've had. From artistes like Whitney to Bob Marley to more contemporary acts like TLC, Mary J. Blige mixed in with our dancehall heritage." (Jamaica Gleaner) Early songs such as Done It To Me and SWOT Sexy Women On Top, have helped developed their following.

Brick and Laces first US single, "Never Never," was released in 2006 along with a music video, which did not aquire much success on US radio. The girls however found some exposure on Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" tour with their own set.

The ladies have already acquired a huge internet and Caribbean following. Surely the ladies will go down in the history of memorable female Jamaican artists such as Queen Patra, Diana King and Nadine Sutherland.

Re: Brick Or Lace: Who Is The Hottest by sniperwolf(m): 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2008
I believe everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. To me neither of them is HOT. I don't know if you stated the kind of HOT you're refering to, cos I didn't take my time to read all those. I don't mean that they are not good artists
Re: Brick Or Lace: Who Is The Hottest by Rapidwhite: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2015
Brick is d hottest nd she is kinda boyish

(1) (Reply)

Vic O Challenges Shatta Wale To A Rap Battle After He Insulted Nigerians (video) / Genevieve Nnaji's 44th Birthday Is Today / Mr P Peter Okoye Bags 2 IARA International Award Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.