Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,628 members, 7,882,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:21 PM

5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars (2646 Views)

How To Lighten Your Skin Without Using Bleaching Cream / 5 Natural Ways To Prevent Hair Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars by LizNaira: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
The following are the top 10 natural ways to lighten your skin.
1. Turmeric

This is a famous Indian skin care regime with antiseptic properties that relieve sun burns. Turmeric is an exfoliating agent effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and acne. Turmeric will lighten your skin tone and fades away scars as well as stretch marks, giving you an even complexion. Turmeric also inhibits melanin production preventing your skin from tanning.

Mix the turmeric powder with lukewarm water until you get a paste. After a bath you can apply the mixture all over your clean skin or just your face then leave the mixture to sit for 20 minutes on your skin then rinse off and add a moisturizer over your skin. Turmeric will stain your skin yellow which will fade away quickly; perhaps the best time to do this is over the weekend or when you are not moving about.

2. Lemons

Lemons contain citric acid or vitamin C which is also a natural bleaching agent. Lemons are effective in reducing the appearance of acne, wrinkles and blotches on your skin. Lemons clear out dead skin cells giving you an even skin complexion.

Squeeze a large lemon into a bowl and mix with lukewarm water. After your bath, using a cotton ball apply the solution all over your face then leave on for 20 minutes and rinse off. Use more lemon if you plan to apply to your whole body. You may experience some tingling sensation which is normal but if you are really irritated rinse off with water. After you rinse off and moisturizer to your skin. Try to avoid sunlight as your skin will be sensitive at this time.

3. Potatoes

Potatoes are rich in vitamin C (a natural bleaching agent) and can be used to treat rashes, sun burns, itch sensations and insect bites. As a skin cleanser potatoes are a natural way to lighten your skin and are effective in removing dark circles around your eyes, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, moisturize your skin leaving your skin soft with an even skin complexion.

Peel off a potato and wash it clean then grate the potato into fine pieces. Using a blender, blend the shredded potato with half a cup of water until smooth. After your bath apply onto your face or whole body then leave on for 20 minutes then rinse off with water and moisturize. Some people prefer cutting off a clean slice from the potato and then rubbing the same all over their skin then allowing the juices to sit for 20 minutes then rinse off with water and moisturize. Use whichever method is convenient to you also try to avoid sunlight as your skin will be sensitive at this time.

4. Tomatoes

Tomatoes contains lycopene, an antioxidant, effective in treating sun damaged skin, cures large pores, heals rashes as well as acne and eliminates excessive oily skin. The acid and enzymes in tomatoes are bleaching agents, similar to lemons, which also brightens up your skin.

Some people may use tomato paste from a can but I prefer using fresh ingredients. Finely chop up two tomatoes and blend with half a cup of water. After your bath apply the mixture all over your face or body and leave on for 20 minutes then rinse off with water and moisturize. Tomatoes could stain your skin but this will quickly fade away also try to avoid sunlight as your skin will be sensitive at this time.

5. Honey

Honey has antibacterial properties and moisturizing effects on your skin. Honey clears off large layers of dead skin which allows your skin to look lighter and fresher. Honey is effective in reducing wrinkles, opens up your pores and reduces acne on your skin, giving you a glowing and even complexion.

Dissolve three tablespoons of honey in half a cup of warm water and then allow the mixture to cool down. After your bath apply the mixture all over your body or just your face and leave on for 20 minutes then rinse off with water and moisturize.

See five more http://littleladyhealth..com/2014/10/10-natural-ways-to-lighten-your-skin.html

Do you know of any other organic and natural ways to lighten your skin?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars by KatiaMignot: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dermalmd Skin Lighter serum has worked more than anything else I have tried. I used it to lighten spots on my face that I have had for a while. Dermalmd will start showing results in a couple of weeks.
Re: 5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars by ihimiray(m): 6:22am On Jan 04, 2017
KatiaMignot:
Dermalmd Skin Lighter serum has worked more than anything else I have tried. I used it to lighten spots on my face that I have had for a while. Dermalmd will start showing results in a couple of weeks.
hope it doesn't bleach the skin... And where can I get it
Re: 5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars by RonaldKernekli: 4:04am On Jan 14, 2017
You can get this serum from dermalmd.com
Re: 5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars by Adeyemi0(m): 11:00am On Jan 14, 2017
What of Shear Butter(ori)? Very effective.
Re: 5 Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin Complexion And Fade Away Scars by tripleportion(f): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
KatiaMignot:
where can I get dermalmd serum in lagos

(1) (Reply)

Cyproheptadine Drugs For Weight Gain / Any Gynaecologist In The House. / Gallbladder Stones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.