Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,172 members, 7,973,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:40 AM

Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? (728 Views)

URGENT: Honda Accord 97 & Toyota Avensis 2000: I Want To BUY these Vehicles / Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly / COME TO Abuja & CHECK THESE VEHICLES OUT - PRICE REDUCED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? by y2kplus: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Commercial vehicles in Nigeria seems a vibrant market in Nigeria. However, I think one must have a very good knowledge on how the market works.

I have written a piece previously about 'not buying and selling junks' in the past. Despite this position, I do look in wonder when people show off vehicles that look and must be dangerous to drive. i still remain opposed to it.

I searched for vehicles made in the 1990s just to justify my rational thinking. I found this source for buying vehicles such as Toyota Hiace that may appear old (1997 and 1999) but look very good! In fact, I was shocked when I saw them and was very tempted to buy one and put on the ship for Lagos.
No, I decided to hold my fire and seek the views of the pros on this web site. This model is well known and still ply the length and breath of Nigeria.
Is it possible to look for what will not be a driving coffin and not feel compromised despite its old age and feeling confident that lives will not be put at risk? In the western countries, very old vehicles are referred to as 'antiques'. They are sometimes refurbished. Trusting the strict rules governing vehicles, they are rigorously tested before being certified road worthy. The prices go at premium rates. The case for Nigeria is different and that is why thinking about the safety of others becomes imperative when it comes to dealing in vehicles going for sale. It is normal that there are always the back hand dealers whose policy is anything goes as long as the money flows.
The Toyota Hiace you will be seeing below are 1997 and 1999 models with very clean records.
The help I want from the pros here are three pronged namely:

1. For the 1997 (167,000km) and 1999 (178,000km) models, their cost to berth in Lagos and cleared would be in the regions of N1.70 and N2.10 million respectively. Scrutinise the two vehicles and let me know your thoughts on how much they can be sold for on arrival.

2. There is this Nissan Intestar model 2002 with 177,000km and estimated cost to Lagos including clearing at N1.80 million. Is this Nissan type known in Nigeria? How might it fare in the market? And how much might it be at market rate for sale?

3. Lastly there is the Peugeot Boxer 2003 with 189,000km. I know we assemble Peugeot in Nigeria but not sure if Boxer is one of the models being assembled. What do you pros think about this vehicle. Estimated cost to Lagos including clearing is estimated at N1.7 million.
The same questions arise. Is this type known in Nigeria? How might it fare in the market and how much could it be sold?

I have uploaded images of the four vehicles in the above order. I will open a following post as continuation due to the image limitation per post.

While I have been honest upfront as best as I can in terms of total cost of getting the vehicles on the road in Lagos, I want you pros to also be honest in terms of the possible selling prices. I do thank you guys in advance for this support.

Re: Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? by y2kplus: 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ?

Second batch of images for the 1999 Toyota Hiace.

Re: Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? by y2kplus: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2014

Third batch of images for Nissan Intelstar.

Re: Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? by y2kplus: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2014

Last batch of images for Peugeot Boxer.

Re: Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? by oliverjiad(m): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Selling rate
Re: Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? by y2kplus: 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Smart of you sir! Yes, I mean selling rate if it would be better understood.
And a research I made last week showed me that a commercial vehicle that is as old as 1995 may have a higher selling price request than a 1999 or 2000 of similar model that is diesel powered. Who are the people responsible for this and can this be justified? Could they be our mechanics?
Why are our 'freedomed mechanics' not seeing that technology is not static but moving on at very fast rate? In Europe, you are most unlikely to find any commercial vehicle with petrol engines. They all come with diesel power!
Re: Who Knows The Going Rate For These Vehicles ? by y2kplus: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
Update:

Van sold. Interest shown at port and bought. This thread is now closed. Thanks to everyone that participated.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Registered 2008 Vw Passat For Sale In PHC / Registered 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (super Clean) Best Price Ever / 2005 Toyota 4runner Registered For Sale Super Clean And Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.