Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants (6162 Views)

DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida / See What Boko Haram Did To Cattle After Poisoning Water Sources In Borno..photos / See What Boko Haram Did To This Man In Sambisa For Stealing Food (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by otokx(m): 6:12am On Nov 02, 2014
The FG just like majority of Nigerians have been paying lip service to the onslaught of Boko Haram. Its not about APC or PDP, these guys are like zombies and they mean business.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Omimah: 6:51am On Nov 02, 2014
This is not the first time Ahmad Salkida will be heard of, why hasn't the FG used him to end the ongoing insurgence?
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by duni04(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2014
This thing is getting scary and its no longer a northern problem. If these guys can chase our own soldiers into neighbouring countries, everyone in every part of the country should be scared. We're all at risk and its like we don't have a government or Military to protect us.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by sarutobie(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2014
diluminati:

Whats the problem with your reasoning? Did you know it was a Question and Answer session? Why speaking like he's making a speech and saying his mind. Nonsense.

This tweet alone is scary enough, and talking about ISIS now sending support to BH, chai! Nigeria sorry oh!

What pains me are the supporters of gej who will still rely on their bible, ignorance, propaganda and brush it off while their brothers and sisters are been killed over there. They only care about their stomach.
don't be naive. The people who predicted the expiration of Nigeria will do anything (or do nothing) to see it come to pass..you all think it is GEJ fault? or "corruption" that every tom, dick and Harry like to shout? look at Iraq, that got military logistics and hardwares from the west and yet? did it stop their quick capitulation to isis? The west and it's allies didn't use the term "corruption" against the iraqi army but instead are lobbying for the United nations to come and combat this threatening ideology..yes this is a sweeping wave of jihadist ideologies! that is why even Europeans are trooping to the middle east to fight for isis and even boko haram..it is a religious/political ideology that isnt stopping anytime soon..
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by idu1(m): 7:15am On Nov 02, 2014
So, Bh r still in control of many nigeria territory? If person want talk dem go say person b Anti Jonathan.
Jonathan and PDP r our problem. They r nt serious enough to deal with bh. Import sophisticated military hardwares and pump more NA guyz to NE nd the rest ll b history.......
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2014
diluminati:

Whats the problem with your reasoning? Did you know it was a Question and Answer session? Why speaking like he's making a speech and saying his mind. Nonsense.

This tweet alone is scary enough, and talking about ISIS now sending support to BH, chai! Nigeria sorry oh!

What pains me are the supporters of gej who will still rely on their bible, ignorance, propaganda and brush it off while their brothers and sisters are been killed over there. They only care about their stomach.

So he's not speaking his mind cos its Q&A Kindly read again or do you need a brain transplant before you can reason properly

In your warped mind anyone who's not anti-jonathan do not care about nigeria while trolls like you who are perpetually logged-in to nld to insult the FG/GEJ are patriots

If Sakilda is not an attention seeking BH apologist/member he should approach appropriate govt agencies with the info at his disposal for necessary action/discussion on how to curb BH menace. Though I doubt if the late mohammed yusuf group is still very active in the present BH insurgencies.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by otokx(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2014
Little by little the truth is made known.

1 Like

Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Super1759: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2014
ISIS involved? by the way...if they ain't tired why are they trying to reach govt through Ahmed? from one of his tweets: they contacted him...
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Super1759: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:
Is dis ahmed a ghost or wat
my brother...the problem isn't where Bokoharam camps.that's far from it. was it not at there camp that the aircraft was gun down?
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by naptu2: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2014
This report was published in June, when the Federal Government flew Ahmad Salkida back to Nigeria to negotiate with Boko Haram for the release of the Chibok girls. The Federal Government pulled out of the deal at the last minute. It has been reported that the Western Powers advised the Nigerian Government to pull out of the deal during a summit in Paris (they told the Nigerian Government that agreeing to the deal could lead to more kidnappings in future) .

[size=14pt]Nigerian Journalist, Ahmad Salkida with Access to Boko Haram Flown Home to Negotiate with Group[/size]

From UK Daily Mail

Ahmad Salkida, a Nigerian journalist who previously worked for Daily Trust and Premium Times and reported extensively on Boko Haram, fled Nigeria to Dubai 2 years ago after being accused of being a Boko Haram sympathizer. He said he fled after ‘his life and that of his family became endangered’ after security agencies began to mistake his in-depth reporting on the terrorist group as evidence of his closeness to them.

Salkina went underground for several weeks before finally fleeing Nigeria. Salkida was perhaps the only Nigerian journalist/civilian to have access to Boko Haram, and he said at the time that he’d turned down Boko Haram’s many requests for him to publish exclusive interviews and materials for them.

Nigerian government flew  Ahmad Salkida back home a few weeks ago to negotiate with Boko Haram on their behalf, since he’s the only civilian who has allegedly seen Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau and come out alive.

See Mr. Salkida's tweets below

One hundred non-combatant, low-level sympathisers were to be freed and the two groups brought together in a convoy of buses accompanied by a hand-picked go-between, respected Nigerian journalist Ahmad Salkida.

The plan had been agreed in tortuous negotiations in response to worldwide outrage over a night-time raid on a school in the town of Chibok on April 14 when the girls were abducted from their dormitories.

Mr Salkida was born in Borno State, where Boko Haram originated. He has known its leaders all his life and has unprecedented access.

He has been arrested on several occasions accused of being a Boko Haram sympathiser, and he fled with his family to Dubai two years ago.

But two weeks ago, he was summoned out of exile by President Jonathan’s aides. He initially feared he might face arrest, but was then given a letter of indemnity signed by the President when he flew to Nigeria.

Sources said Mr Salkida was able to travel by taxi to the group’s forest camp to talk to Shekau two weeks ago. ‘His mission was secretive and dangerous,’ they said.

He is probably the only civilian with access to Shekau. There is trust between them and Salkida had only one aim – to get the schoolgirls out.

He reported afterwards that the group of girls he saw were alive and well, and being adequately fed and sheltered. They told him all they wanted was to go home.

Salkida’s mission was complicated by the chaos surrounding government’s pronouncements about negotiations with the terrorist group.

Shekau has released two shocking videos showing the girls dressed in hijabs and reciting verses from the Koran.

http://jaguda.com/2014/05/27/nigerian-journalist-ahmad-salkida-access-boko-haram-flown-home-negotiate-group/
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2014
Timehin:
A BH apologist

Won't be surprised if he was a member of the late Yusuf group too
What makes him an apologist? Some gave valuable information that could cost him his life yet "do nothing" like you will spew bullcrap. Do you realise that the US worked with people like him to tame alqeada

1 Like

Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2014
My own fear is if Isis is broken, they start looking for other areas to regroup, God please not Nigeria.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 02, 2014
Can someone move this to the front page already? For those of you that believe this is a Northern problem, think twice
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2014
Timehin:

So he's not speaking his mind cos its Q&A Kindly read again or do you need a brain transplant before you can reason properly

In your warped mind anyone who's not anti-jonathan do not care about nigeria while trolls like you who are perpetually logged-in to nld to insult the FG/GEJ are patriots

If Sakilda is not an attention seeking BH apologist/member he should approach appropriate govt agencies with the info at his disposal for necessary action/discussion on how to curb BH menace. Though I doubt if the late mohammed yusuf group is still very active in the present BH insurgencies.
So what exactly the f.uck have you done personal to stop this bh crisis? If you have counter information, post it here and stop making noise.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

What makes him an apologist? Some gave valuable information that could cost him his life yet "do nothing" like you will spew bullcrap. Do you realise that the US worked with people like him to tame alqeada

'Cost him his life' BH after sakildas life?, you need to read again. US that funds terrorists groups in order to bring countries to their knees

How did US tamed alqeada? By supporting rebels/terrorists that later metamorphose into ISIS

You are the one spewing bullcrap.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2014
Timehin:

'Cost him his life' BH after sakildas life?, you need to read again. US that funds terrorists groups in order to bring countries to their knees

How did US tamed alqeada? By supporting rebels/terrorists that later metamorphose into ISIS

You are the one spewing bullcrap.
In your empty head ISIS and alqeada are enemies, yet they are sunnis.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by wanimo: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2014
I think these northerners do not read history. No single group has monopoly of voilence and territorial conquest. I doubt the authenticity of some of the informations contained in those tweets though. The guy is definitely a BH supporter. In due time, we shall draw functional boundries and we know we can never give up Plataue, Kaduna, parts of Niger, parts of Bauchi.

When i hear BH controls any place we start feeling like these terrorists fell from heaven...hell no they didnt, they are still members of the overran communities. If they ever over run any community at all. What I'm sure is that they do a hit and run leaving the inhabitants in perpetual fear of the unknown, thereby making them run and leave their houses and towns. Yet its their sons, husbands and inlaws that ravage and destroy their homes.

Karma is a real nigger. GOD BLESS late MAJOR GIDEON ORKAR. He was a military prophet who foresaw the future but the elements of destruction rulling Nigeria were quick to label him with treason and killed him. All those parts of the north do not really belong to this contraption called Nigeria, BH can conquer as much territoies as they need for their caliphate in the north east and some parts of the northwest, after all its their land and they are only liberating themselves from this forced marriage called Nigeria.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by naptu2: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2014
ABANG MERCY INTERVIEWS AHMAD SALKIDA.

The Conservations series spotlights a freelance Journalist, Ahmad Salkida
who has extensively covered the radical Islamic sect. He talks about his
relationship with Boko Haram, ties with the late Leader, Mohammed Yusuf  and how the Boko Haram sect have been more consistent with their message than the Federal Government.

You are the only Nigerian, publicly known to have direct links to the leadership of Boko Haram in your line of duty as a journalist. Therefore, who is Ahmad Salkida?

I am from Biu Local Government Area in what is now the troubled Borno
State. I grew up in that peaceful and homogenous part of Nigeria. I was
born a Christian from a Christian family, and as a young primary school
pupil in the early 80’s I would sneak into gardens and climb Mango or
cashew trees while my mates were in school. To me then, the school system
was an infringement on my understanding of personal liberty. I feel, if someone has the capacity to learn in a few months or years why subject the person to six (6) years primary school, six (6) years secondary education and four (4) years in the university. However, I read many of my mother’s novels. She had hundreds if not thousands of books. I managed to go to several schools to please my parents but I ended up not writing the
secondary school leaving exams. But I was a teacher to many of my friends
and peers at the time, and I helped dozens of graduates with their final
year project work. I knew within me that I can be a good writer, a good
researcher and a good investigative journalist but that was tantamount to
wishing for the impossibility since everyone had to go to school to achieve
that. I also had an obsession to leave Nigeria to Europe or America to live
my dreams at a very early age. In the 90’s, when my mates were in the
university, I was briefly a Marxist, a free thinker and in 1997 I finally
embraced the Islamic faith on my own volition. At that time I had two (2)
completed manuscripts which my mentor, late Dr. Jibrin Bala Mohammed, an associate professor in journalism encouraged me to write.

In early 2000 I moved to Abuja with the hope that I could get a publisher
for my books. I was sent out of my relative’s house because they feared
that I could convert their son to Islam. So I got a job as a night guard in
Wuse Zone 2. In the night I worked as ‘Mai guard’ while in the day time I
was called a brilliant and aspiring writer. It was at that point that I met
Obiora Chukwumba through Uche Ezechukwu, two wonderful Igbo gentlemen and one of Nigeria ‘s finest set of journalists that I always remain thankful to. Obiora, the pioneer managing editor of Insider Weekly Magazine gave me my first job in February 2001 as a reporter, after a few reporting assignments I did for Uche. I did not present the usual smart curriculum vitae; mine was just a Primary School Certificate but Obiora believed that information that is unique and refreshing from someone like me was more valuable than
the frequent parading of cute ivory tower diplomas that offer so much ego
and polish with no substance. I worked as a reporter for several newspapers
in Abuja and Maiduguri.

I didn’t have a degree like many of my colleagues therefore I could not
afford to wait for press releases and interviews. I was always looking for
scoops or doing my development reporting to survive the competition with graduates in the news room. I was trained most especially by Obiora that
every major news outbreak frequently starts as a signal which is most often
ignored, sometimes even by acclaimed journalist. As a reporter for Uche
Ezechukwu’s New Sentinel  in 2006 I pleaded with Emmanual Yawe, the
managing editor to see the news value of my first interview with late
Mohammed Yusuf. I was eager to tell the world the influence he was having
on thousands of youths in the area.

Two parents had earlier approached me in my area to talk to their kids
about their new found obsession with the teachings of late Mohammed Yusuf
that made many youths to abandon school or resign from civil service, etc.
I was seen by many, though not as a role model for education, but for hard
work and commitment to whatever I set to achieve in life. I began to write
exclusively on the sect and painstakingly built and developed a network of invaluable sources within the group.

In 2009, you were exiled from Maiduguri to Abuja by the then Borno State governor Ali Modu Sherrif. What was your offense?

First of all, I was not the favorite of my colleagues in the Government
House Press corps and I could count the number of times I visited the
government house as a reporter in the state. I worked alone and focused
mainly on development stories for the Daily Trust from July 2007. I was
close to late Mohammed Yusuf by then. Obviously, I was the only journalist
he knew very well. Whenever I was free from work I would attend one of his
preaching sessions. Of course many Muslims do that especially if you are
the type that always seeks knowledge. During the sect’s major altercation
with a special security outfit setup by Ali Modu Sheriff that led to the
shooting of twenty (20) sect members I was given exclusive access by the
sect to the victims by their leader, my reports were very detailed and
different. I also reported severally for the Daily Trust about the build up
to the war by the sect but I guess that crisis in July 2009 was never meant
to be prevented by the government of President Umar Yar’adua. When the
crisis broke I was the only reporter who could go into the sect’s enclave,
even security agents were eager to hear from me what I saw when the sect
held sway for over three (3) days. On Tuesday the 29th of  July I received
a call from late Mohammed Yusuf to meet him in the afternoon of that day
for an important interview. As a journalist I felt I should inform the
authorities. I met the Commissioner of Police in the state, Christopher
Dega. I was in his office that morning and he referred me to his deputy
commissioner. In the office of the deputy commissioner and in the presence of the commander of Mobile Police unit, one Ahmadu and James Bwala, a reporter with Tribune newspaper I told them about my intention to interview the sect leader and I said I just wanted them to be aware. James was courageous enough and volunteered to follow me but he was discouraged by the officers. I also complained of harassment by the Mobile Police and soldiers during the course of my work and the senior officers assured me that they will send a radio message for me to be allowed to do my work. I left the police headquarters and headed to my house. I needed to tell my wife about the risk I was going to take. At then, the banks were closed and I was surprised to see the famous Oasis Bakery in Maiduguri selling bread in the middle of a war. Sadly I had only fourty (40) naira on me which could not buy a loaf of bread then I saw my childhood friend and school mate Umar Kadafur, who was the serving chairman of my local government area going into the government house I followed him and when I was standing with my friend and playfully struggling with him to give me some money, one
Yusuf in the office of the director of press dragged me into the office of
the Chief Security Officer to the Governor, insisting that the governor’s
aide wanted to see my face for the first time. The aide wanted to know from
me why I did not shave my beards and lower my trousers below the ankle to
avoid the wrath of the security agents. I then, told him that it was wrong
for security agents to brand innocent people that wear beards as Boko Haram and often times killing people on account of that. He, also asked me
whether or not I was abducted by the sect members for a while and released.
I put the record straight that, I only ran into a mob together with the current chairman of the NUJ in the state Abba Kakami and thereafter I was left off the hook when the sect members were convinced that the brown apron
I was wearing carried an inscription of Daily Trust and also one of the sect unit commanders recognized me. Sadly for me, the CSO did not like my guts and my style of reporting. In the presence of one Hayatudeen Mohammed, a permanent secretary in the state, he ordered for my arrest, calling my
crime ‘counter intelligence.’ At the Government House I was assaulted by
the mobile Police Constable Sani Abubakar, I was made to lie down with my face down instantly I urinated in my pants when two mobile police men contemplated who was going to pull the trigger.

Thank God I am alive today. I clearly heard the CSO ordering the police not
to shoot me at the government House that “Oga” does not want to see a
corpse here. Surprising till today none of the nearly twenty (20) reporters
present at the scene reported how I was assaulted instead they all reported
thereafter that I was treated well and that I was held in protective custody for my safety.

I was then driven to the Police Headquarters in the state where I was kept in a cell with fifty eight (58) others. After spending thirty (30) hours in the cell and about forty eight (48) hours without food or water. I was
then allowed to wash up the urine that had dried up on my pants and
relieved myself of my running stomach. My cell mates, some of whom were members of the sect while some are innocent bystanders were being called out and executed one by one, everyone was waiting for his turn.

Well to be fair to Daily Trust and the NUJ, they pleaded for my release. I
think that was where the first mistake happened, if they were sure that I
am a journalist they should have condemned my arrest and detention and demanded my release and demand even an apology. To have entered a plea on my behalf was like making a submission of guilt on my part, which created a lot of doubts to many persons and made me to lose interest in everything around me. For me, I believe three things helped me; Christopher Dega, the commissioner of police (who is alive today) was reluctant to carry out the order to execute me, a mole within the Boko Haram had also confirmed my story that I am just a journalist, and I learnt recently that the then Deputy Governor Adamu Dibal worked tirelessly to plead for my life from Ali Modu Sheriff. I was then ordered to leave my state immediately for my own safety by the Borno State Government.

Tell me about your relationship with Mohammed Yusuf who founded Boko Haram in 2002 and was its spiritual leader until he was killed in 2009.

He heard about me through one of his students. According to late Mohammed
Yusuf my life story and how I met and married my wife within 5 days was
remarkable to him. He invited me to his house several times, we ate
together and kept in touch. He tolerated me so well that he told me not to book an appointment anytime I wanted to see him for anything. I was a
frequent guest to his house with my miget asking questions and I later
asked him if he will allow me to write a book on his activities, he said
yes. I became known to many of his lieutenants and I was not surprised when late Mohammed Yusuf asked me to work with the Public Affairs unit of his sect to setup an Al Mizzan style newspaper which he wanted me to be editor.

At first I was so excited but my wife cautioned me and I later insisted on
three (3) things: (a) that I wanted total editorial control (b) that I must
introduce columnists that do not share his ideology (c) and I wanted to be
a partner in the project. He never got back to me on that but our relationship remained very cordial.

On the day I was arrested Tuesday 29th July 2009 he desperately wanted to
see me few days later he was captured and executed by several mobile police
men behind my detention room along side many other youths and his followers.

Do you think the extra-judicial killing of Mohammed Yusuf led to the insurgency by the Boko Haram group?

I think the extra-judicial killing of their leader is symbolic because it
served as a proof to the hundreds of sect members and other innocent
bystanders that were picked up since 2009 till date and executed in the
same manner late Yusuf was killed. Apparently extra-judicial killings have
never stopped till date. If independent minded investigative journalists
will be allowed to operate in the state they will reveal mass graves of
thousands of youths some of them women and children killed in cold blood in Maiduguri. Many have taken arms today not necessarily because they subscribe to the ideology of the sect but because of the despair they find themselves occasioned by the abuse of the rule of law and the constant denial of any form of injustice by the security agencies even in the face of documentary evidence.

As one who understands the issues around the sect, Is the Boko Haram Sect linked to Algeria’s Al Qaeda?

Yes, they are in touch and in some kind of partnership and collaborations,
and I think that relationship is growing.

Shehu Sani, a human right activist said you can call for a truce between government and the Boko Haram sect.. why you?

I can’t speak for Shehu Sani but what I know is only God can bring an end
to this crisis and no one person with access can do it. If government is
not committed and sincere what ever access a person has will be lost. I
also want to say here categorically that the sect have always shown
readiness to talk whenever I approached them but the people in government, I sense have frequently laid up too much confidence in their ability to subdue the insurgents militarily. You see total lack of enthusiasm and absorbing obsession with pecuniary interests. Moreover, top politicians seem not to find it acceptable that the purveyor of such strategic mediatory offers was me. Last year we were in the middle of developing a blueprint for action to resolving this whole mess that if government can release unconditionally women and children in various detention locations and treat the detained in a civilized manner for all to see, the sect may consider a partial ceasefire where unarmed civilians will be spared. The
government officials stone walled, arguing that there were no women and
children in detention, the  window collapsed. So, I was helpless.

You have extensively covered the conflict between the government and Islamist sect Boko Haram, is  your life under threat?

My life has always been on the line since 2009. It is not easy dealing with
the insurgents as a journalist, not every thing they give you can be news
and the slightest change in your report by your editor who does not know
how erratic they can be to you, that may cause you, your life. The same
thing with the authorities who always wanted me to report only what they
want Nigerians to know. I have been invited severally by top security
officials to be wired during some of my interviews in order to arrest them.
I was put under a lot of pressure to betray my sources. My refusal to do
any of these things therefore was interpreted by many as unpatrotism and cold complicity. I can assure you it has never been the same for me and my family after my arrest in 2009. My first daughter who is 10 years old once
came home in 2010 to say some kids will not play with her because their
parents told them her father was Boko Haram. Before 2009 I was an
attractive bride in journalism in the North but in the last few years I
could no longer get proper employment (in cases where I get the chance rivalry and suspicion trail my everyday activities) many media houses have suddenly realised that I am not a graduate and my nearly 13 years journalism experience no longer count in giving me proper employment that is in itself a threat to a husband and a father to four kids.

Why did you flee Nigeria for the United Arab Emirates, Dubai?

I think the revelation that I came to the UAE was a mistake on the part of
my colleagues. Since the threat to my life intensified after my article on
the questionable ceasefire declared by one Abdulaziz (whom Abubakar Shekau has disowned) in February 2013, it became absolutely necessary for me to flee. I cannot remain in Nigeria just because God saved my life several times. I have to flee not to seek asylum but as a law abiding citizen of
the world and open a grocery shop and support my family whom I feel I have
exposed a lot with the constant trauma I caused them as a result of my work
as a reporter in Nigeria.

You once said the government’s security agents have accused you of being a member of the sect, again I ask, are you a Boko Haram member?

Even as a child in the 80’s I have seen a lot of misgivings towards me. The
moment my parents and every senior member of my community realized my
disdain for formal education they lashed at me. People believe that every
person must go to school to succeed in life, no one thinks that by learning
handcraft or any other skill acquisition you can succeed. I was stigmatized
and many parents would warn their kids not to come close to me. Also as a
young convert to Islam in the 90’s till date, I experienced all kinds of
stigma by many Christians, of course many Muslims will react violently if
some one renounces the Islamic faith but both violence and stigma can kill
or break any person. Also as a journalist, I have seen a lot of violence
and stigma because of my rare professional access to a dreaded sect and to many, this is wrong, they want me to work like any other journalist who depends on press releases by the Joint Task Force (setup by government to curb terrorism in Nigeria) to report the crisis. My exclusives was never
seen by many as a journalistic feat instead all I would get are mere unfounded allegations of being one of them. I don’t believe in violence. Every Sunday I pray that my mother who is always among the first to go to church will come back home alive and safe. To answer your question directly, I am not
a member of Boko Haram and never will be.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2014
wanimo:
I think these northerners do not read history. No single group has monopoly of voilence and territorial conquest. I doubt the authenticity of some of the informations contained in those tweets. The guy is definitely a BH supporter. In due time, we shall draw functional boundries and d real war can start.

Karma is a real nigger. GOD BLESS late MAJOR GIDEON ORKAR. He was a military prophet who foresaw the future but the elements of destruction rulling Nigeria were quick to label him with treason and killed him. All those parts of the north do not really belong to this contraption called Nigeria, BH can conquer. As much territoies as they in north east and some parts of the northwest, after all its their land and they are only liberating themselves from this forced marriage called Nigeria.
You think they will stop at those territories? You have no idea, go and see what Lebanon (very neutral country) has suffered in conflict that has nothing to do with them.

Btw this is Africa, nobody gives a shit
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by naptu2: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2014
Do you agree for Amnesty to Boko Haram as proposed by some politicians and religious leaders?

If you read my last interviews with Abul Qaqa, he has always said that if
amnesty means forgiveness then they are the ones that should forgive
government for the wrong done to them in 2009. According to them many
Nigerians don’t see what they undergo instead it is only what they do that
is easily shown in the media. And I think issues as sensitive as amnesty
suppose to have been tabled first through a trusted mediator who has access to the leadership of the sect before you take it to the media. The sect as I understand heard about the amnesty on the pages of newspapers. Abang, how would you feel if you heard about your marriage proposition with a man from a third party and not from the man? I think you will feel irritated at best.

State Governor, Isa Yuguda has said, Political Boko Haram behind rejection of Amnesty, do you agree?

The question Mallam Shekau  has spoken on the amnesty. Is he the political Boko Haram?

How many types of Boko Haram Groups do we currently have? As Isa Yuguda has said there is political Boko Haram.

Of course there are many elements that hide under the cover of the group to carry out all kinds of atrocities. There are some that were once members but they have been cut off by the main group but I don’t believe there is any faction. Abdulaziz that is in contact with the Borno Government
insisted that he is speaking on behalf of Mallam Shekau even when Shekau
denied that, he never called himself a factional leader. Even the Ansaru
remained imaginary to me, because one of the main criteria for any Jihadi armed group is to have an Amir, leader. So who is the leader of any of these factions? At least many will know the leader and his antecedent when he was a loyal follower of late Mohammed Yusuf or Shekau?

What is that one thing you believe is driving the Boko Haram ideology and how committed are they?

The state of lawlessness and injustice have not changed in Nigeria for many decades now and it serves as the pillar for the ideology of resistance.
They are committed and believe without doubts that they are God’s warriors.

You once said the way out of the conflict is for a trusted and independent body to ferry moderate clerics to a third friendly country with the leadership of Boko Haram… Are you speaking the mind of the sect? Because they (Boko Haram) had requested former head of state Muhammadu Buhari, to lead the peace deal to hold in Saudi Arabia?

First of all, the sect never said Buhari should be a mediator or mentioned
going to Saudi. It is the same Abdulaziz group that declared ceasefire that
made the pronouncement on Buhari and co. When they called me to dispatch this same message to the media, I asked the caller several questions about who he was and why haven’t the sect reached me through the usual source. He could not give me answers so he called ignorant journalists that spread his message like wild fire. I am sorry to say this, if the sect knows where to find General Buhari (someone I respect a lot) they will make an attempt on his life. To them, any retired and servicing soldier, police, politician or civil servant is an infidel that deserves to be killed. So how can the same sect with such an ideology listen to General Buhari, the Governor of Borno State or any other politician or the Sultan? The average member of this sect see all these people whether they are muslims or not as ‘living corpses’. For God sake have we not been listening to this people in the last couple of years?. Am I the only one listening to them? It seems the
sect have been more consistent with their message than the Federal and
state governments involved in this conflict.

Your second question about going to a third friendly nation to have an
ideological debate with the sect. For me, I will always maintain that since
this is a problem of doctrine then it must be tackled through a coherent,
profound counter doctrine. There has not been any concrete ideological
intervention by the appropriate authorities only military intervention. If
the sect members say the Qur’an allows them to kill Christians and fellow Muslim security agents, politicians, teachers, vaccinators and opposing clerics. I think it is wise for Muslims that disagree with them to
understand their arguments clearly and bring a superior one to counter it,
and I don’t think you can hold such a debate before the eyes of the JTF. It
can best be done with the assurances of a third friendly nation whom the
sect can trust and the clerics of this nation may serve along side other
international clerics as arbiters. I think such an informal dialogue will
not only make us understand the reasons of this conflict but what is
feeding it and it will provide us with the best possible way to approach
dialogue or amnesty.

President Goodluck Jonathan did describe Boko Haram as a “Ghost” when he visited Borno.. do you agree they are ghosts?

They are human beings like us. I told you about my contact with many of
them. So am I in contact with ghosts? When I single-handedly facilitated
the Dr. Datti Ahmed’s attempts to dialogue by the special Grace of God, did I have meetings with ghosts? Do Nigerians believe in ghosts?

Who is the true and real leader of Boko Haram?

The sect has always had one leader and nobody within the group or outside
the group has ever disputed that

What do you make of the killings of innocent women and children by the Boko Haram sect?

It is shameful and sad!

Do you think the Nigerian Government is prepared to put to an end the insurgency in the North?

How they will do that remains to be seen

What is your biggest regret?

Our leaders that are responsible in resolving this conflict are too arrogant to learn and study their opponent. You can only solve a problem if you understand in the first place, and so far, all I see in the media and amongst religious and political leaders is a fatal guessing game and Nigerians continue to die in their ignorance

What is your recommendation for the security agencies and the sect to bring about sustainable peace?

The sect must understand that Islam teaches Muslims that forgiveness is the highest level of strength while revenge is the highest level of weakness.

Our Leaders must also be truthful to Nigerians and deal with these security
challenges without bringing in the usual corruption they employ in every
facet of our national life, at least they should know that human lives are
involved here.

http://ynaija.com/i-am-not-a-member-of-boko-haram-ahmed-salkida-speaks-on-conversations-with-mercy-abang/
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

So what exactly the f.uck have you done personal to stop this bh crisis? If you have counter information, post it here and stop making noise.

See, my take is this: the current BH attacks seems to be beyond the mohammed group, so its hightime PDP/APC come together to look beyond party interests in tackling BH.

Like I asked in another thread, who are the likely beneficiaries of this war Vis-a-vis infos regarding discovery of OIL in the chad basin and a likely discovery of URANIUM within the theatre of war environs of borno and other flashpoints of the north

And I'll appreciate if you can tone down on your choice of lousy words if you are truly a lady.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

In your empty head ISIS and alqeada are enemies, yet they are sunnis.

Did I said that What's with you and insult? Can't you argue without insults
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by naptu2: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2014
The government flew Mr. Salkida home to negotiate an agreement for the release of the Chibok girls. This is what happened when the negotiations broke down.

[size=14pt]Chibok girls: Govt drops swap deal for ceasefire[/size]

Posted by: Yusuf Alli, Abuja

in Featured, News

May 27, 2014

We know where girls are but can’t use force, says Defence chief

AFTER rejecting a prisoner swap deal with Boko Haram, the Federal Government is pushing for ceasefire as part of the ongoing back-door talks for the release of the abducted schoolgirls, The Nation learnt yesterday.

The government, according to sources, is tinkering with releasing “soft” detainees arrested in connection with Boko Haram activities.

But it was learnt that the sect is yet to respond to the ceasefire proposal, fueling fears that the two parties may be set for a long battle.

The government is believed to be asking the facilitators of the back-door talks to tell Boko Haram to accept a ceasefire.

The source said: “The thrust of the ongoing back-door talks is just for the sect members to lay down their arms and release the abducted girls. The government wants ceasefire from Boko Haram.

“We are still talking. The Federal Government is rubbing minds with Boko Haram contacts.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “There was no time President Goodluck Jonathan agreed to the swapping of Boko Haram members with the girls. This position has not changed as I am talking to you.

“Only soft detainees like wives, children, brothers, sisters and uncles of Boko Haram members, may be released, in line with the rules of engagement.

“So far, we do not know their attitude to the ceasefire demand; they are yet to get back to us.”

It was gathered that the military may take delivery of three surveillance aircraft to assist in the search for the abducted girls.

A military source added: “All what we are doing is still surveillance of suspected areas or camps where the girls are purportedly held hostage.

“The US, the UK, France and others have been assisting in the surveillance, which is a 24-hour business along Sambisa Forest axis, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Mali borders. The troops on ground are still within the fringes of Sambisa Forest.

“As part of plans to strengthen the operation in the Northeast, the military will soon get delivery of three surveillance aircraft.”

[b]A British newspaper published on Sunday that the schoolgirls, who were kidnapped on April 15, would have regained their freedom by now but President Goodluck Jonathan called off a prisoner swap deal with Boko Haram at the last minute. The Mail on Sunday said a Nigerian journalist, Ahmad Salkida — who reportedly fled to the United Arab Emirates last year following threats to his life on account of his closeness to the militants — was said to have been appointed by both the government and the extremists to broker an agreement for the release of the girls in exchange for Boko Haram members in detention.

“Sources in the Nigerian capital Abuja described how Shekau had agreed to bring the girls out of their forest camps in the remote northeast of the country in the early morning and take them to a safe location for the prisoner swap,” the paper wrote.

“They would have been dropped off in a village, one group at a time, and left there while their kidnappers disappeared. There was to be a signal to a mediator at another location to bring in the prisoners.” Curiously, the federal government was only expected to release 100 “non-combatant, low-level sympathisers” of Boko Haram, rather than commanders and foot soldiers, the newspaper reported.

About 2000 Boko Haram members are said to be in detention. Accused of being a Boko Haram sympathiser, the Borno-born journalist has always insisted he only maintains a “professional relationship” with certain members of the group whom he knew long before it became violent. However, he was reportedly persuaded by the president’s aides to embark on a “secretive and dangerous” trip home to meet Shekau, after the president “personally signed a letter of indemnity” protecting him from arrest by security agents. But while attending the May 17, 2014 Paris terrorism summit with leaders of four African countries and representatives of the European Union, United Kingdom, and the United States, Jonathan called home to halt the deal, the paper said. The about-face, it is believed, has angered Shekau, raising fears that the girls might now be endangered.

“The next video we see from the terrorists could show the girls being killed one by one,” The Mail on Sunday quoted an intelligence source as saying. The turnaround may as well spell the end of any peace deal with Boko Haram, as Salkida is about the group’s most-trusted and unbiased go-between with the Federal Government.

“He is probably the only civilian with access to Shekau. There is trust between them and Salkida had only one aim — to get the schoolgirls out,” the source said. “He reported afterwards that the group of girls he saw were alive and well, and being adequately fed and sheltered. They told him all they wanted was to go home.” Presidential spokesman Reuben Abati was quoted by the newspaper as saying he was not aware of any attempted rescue plan.

The BBC also reported that a deal for the release of some of the schoolgirls was close to being secured when the government called it off.

Some of the girls were set to be freed in exchange for imprisoned Islamist militants, reports the BBC’s Will Ross.

But the government cancelled the planned agreement shortly before the swap was due to take place.

The reasons for the withdrawal are unclear.

It came just after President Jonathan attended a meeting in Paris hosted by President Francois Hollande of France where leaders said they had agreed a “global and regional action plan” against Boko Haram.[/b]

The girls, who were mainly Christian, were taken from their school in Chibok, in  Borno State and are thought to be held in the Sambisa forest, close to the border with Chad and Cameroon.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/chibok-girls-govt-drops-swap-deal-ceasefire/
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 02, 2014
Timehin:

See, my take is this: the current BH attacks seems to be beyond the mohammed group, so its hightime PDP/APC come together to look beyond party interests in tackling BH.

Like I asked in another thread, who are the likely beneficiaries of this war Vis-a-vis infos regarding discovery of OIL in the chad basis and a likely discovery of URANIUM within the theatre of war environs of borno and other flashpoints of the north

And I'll appreciate if you can tone down on your choice of lousy words if you are truly a lady.
Apologies for loosing my cool, the fact those in authority left boko haram to gain strength by calling everyone with useful information apologist got me angry.

There have always been massive deposit of uranium in that region and i believe chad or Niger (not too sure) is the biggest supplier. True there are interests from world powers.

MALI
What exactly can we say is the interest of the west in mali, these Caliphate nonsense started from mali, truth is, history has shown that these Islamic fighters usually regroup in other countries after the end of a previous campaign (iraq). Do you know how many black Africans fought the Russians in Afghanistan?
On their return, many of them where rounded up and banished from their home country, they eventually settled in Sudan and Somalia. This people (with new recruits) went to Iraq, then to Libya and Palestine (every where they were needed)

Why Nigeria?
Very weak borders, very weak institutions, easy recruits and wealth. I suppose you read how easily they got 500 million naira, only Nigeria can offer such bounty in bank robbery.

2 Likes

Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 02, 2014
Timehin:

Sorry about the insult.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 02, 2014
Timehin:

Sorry about the insult. You said the US tamed alqeada by strengthening rebels that later formed ISIS.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2014
Very scary prognosis for Nigeria.

If it continues this way....I'm afraid, Nigeria as a country will not survive.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Sorry about the insult.

Apology accepted
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by RockMaxi: 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
Timehin:
A BH apologist

Won't be surprised if he was a member of the late Yusuf group too

Does that stop the fact that Bokoharam have been mismanaged.
Imagine how deadly Odua group would have been if they were not quickly nipped during their budding stage. undecided

Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Apologies for loosing my cool, the fact those in authority left boko haram to gain strength by calling everyone with useful information apologist got me angry.

There have always been massive deposit of uranium in that region and i believe chad or Niger (not too sure) is the biggest supplier. True there are interests from world powers.

MALI
What exactly can we say is the interest of the west in mali, these Caliphate nonsense started from mali, truth is, history has shown that these Islamic fighters usually regroup in other countries after the end of a previous campaign (iraq). Do you know how many black Africans fought the Russians in Afghanistan?
On their return, many of them where rounded up and banished from their home country, they eventually settled in Sudan and Somalia. This people (with new recruits) went to Iraq, then to Libya and Palestine (every where they were needed)

Why Nigeria?
Very weak borders, very weak institutions, easy recruits and wealth. I suppose you read how easily they got 500 million naira, only Nigeria can offer such bounty in bank robbery.

These are issues nigerian leaders irrespective of party affiliations should seriously look into cos innocent lives are being lost daily due to selfish interests that have beclouded their reasonings.

But sadly they pretend as if they don't understand or aware of global occurences/politics, the quest by world powers to subjugate others and africa being the last frontier requires leaders with foresight not western stooges.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
RockMaxi:

Does that stop the fact that Bokoharam have been mismanaged.
Imagine how deadly Odua group would have been if they were not quickly nipped during their budding stage. undecided

True.

BH is being politicised by APC and PDP hence the inability of having a common front to fight and win this war easily.
Re: EXPLOSIVE: Ahmad Salkida Reveals What Boko Haram Wants by otokx(m): 2:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Unless something affects the average Nigerian personally there is an i don care mentality and a making of excuse, trading blames.

@Timehin
The buck stops at the table of GEJ, there is no other way of saying it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pursue Peace Despite Provocation, Jonathan Tells Supporters / Ondo Governorship Election; Apc Annouced Date For Party Primary / Akeredolu Appoints Interim Chairmen For 18 Lgs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.