Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,341 members, 7,964,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 01:28 PM

Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) (69522 Views)

How SALIU GARBA With The Post Dangote Portland Cement Now 1k Per Bag Duped Me / Who Has Bought Cement For 1000 Naira Per A Bag Since The New Price Announcement? / Builders: How Many Blocks Is Recommended Per Bag Of Cement ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by lancee(m): 11:57am On Nov 03, 2014
Omimah:
2015 things? Will you be surprised when PDP starts campaigning that it made the price of cement to drop? How come it is only Dangote, a man that got a GCON from this government that is doing this? Na where him dey buy him own limestone? In Port Harcourt and parts of the South South, where Eagle Cement is, no reduction. Na where Dangote dey buy him own limestone?

Even if its true after sometimes the demand for dangote cement will be higher than supply , THEN THE PRICE WILL GO UP AGAIN
Some middle men will frustrate it
For example the official price for Nigerian passport used to be 5100Naira , How much do you spend in total if you go to the immigration to collect internation passport ?
I hope this one works , its an opportunity for those building now
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by samplegirl(f): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2014
I don taya for Nigerians. Embezzle their money, sidon dey look them dem go talk, bring out policy,dem go talk, provide infrasrtucture dem go talk, provide job dem go talk, health care nko? heeehh, na politics. Na which one una want? Na only God go save us from this country.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by talktimi(m): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
DaBullIT:

House boom if you actually had money to buy

Besides. Those who sell will claim that they have the old # 1750 in stock. But its a nice move by dangote
you have a point there though people who buy in large quantities eg a lorry load upwards prefer to buy directly from depots at wholesale price
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by gangar(m): 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
The border between nigeria.tchad and cameroun is blocked due to d insurgency. That is the major market for Nigerian cement. Tchad with its burstling oil economy is in building phase. It is this fact that brought the need to clear their warehouse of unsold cement which would damage just 2 month after production if unsold. Rememebr the rainy season and humidity. Those that buy must ensure its prompt use cause it has a short life span.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by 100Cents: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bobbyjay001:
Na to buy abt 5 trailers and keep till after election, when d price would skyrocket back to it's normal price. Then i wud sell at d skyrocketed price (#1800 or so) and enjoy my profit. Now dangote,o ya send 5 trailers to me here in Ondo now,I'l pay you in June 2015. Am serious o.

You be selling caked cement by then.

It is a perishable good bro.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
100Cents:

You be selling caked cement by then.

It is a perishable good bro.
So,u mean cement can't be kept for like 6 months?
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by GoodcasHMan: 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
GOOD MOVE & BRAVE STRATEGY but Hope this is not a trap for 2015?
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by 100Cents: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
anonimi:

Can you please educate those of us who don't know how Jonathan fixes the price of Dangote cement
Are there any other businessmen whose prices are fixed by Jonathan for February 2015, maybe Glo, Nestle, Cadbury etc? Please fell free to add any other business I may have omitted shocked

Indomie, Hollandia Yoghurt, Mr. Biggs Chicken lap.

You suppose know nah. Haba..
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by wuffdedonji: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
If u tink say na election strategy ,then why not buy and keep now it is sold for one k,every good move now is staged election strategy ,gej has won since last years so don't just think get is too hungry for the election.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by heftycullolipop(m): 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nigerian wake up
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by 100Cents: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bobbyjay001:

So,u means cement can't be kept for like 6 months?

Any duration longer than 6 weeks is not safe..

Though 2 months is still possible for best brands..
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
DaBullIT:

And if the price falls further ?
Na to do d ffg in slow motion 1. Got drunk wt Star lager beer
2. Get home
3. Remove my clothes and trousers
4. Go 2d front of my house
5. Roll on d floor and shout "e gba mi o"

Such can't happen here in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by okpamson15(m): 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
Call it campagn propaganda or thing u want. If ur senses are working make use of the opportunity now or never.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by 100Cents: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
Negro1986:
This is simply a market strategy by Dangote group in other to keep up with competitions however what i don't like is the fact that there are some misinformations on the news which i don't know whether its from from the nairaland reporter or from Dangote group. The real information is that there is a reduction in price of cement but not definitely 1000, the current price of cement is 1308 for 42.5 and 1150 for 32.5 for delivery by Dangote trucks to the distributors, so cement might still be sold at 1600 or 1700 by the retailers to the final consumers.I am writing from Obajana as i am a staff and also a dristributor, for the past one week after the rebate promotion there was no ATC as customers refused to buy Dangote cement as a result of high price. Thanks

Which date was this new price effective ?

This man is really causing confusion in the industry. What was the essense of that rebate and lifting bonus ?
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
100Cents:

Any duration longer than 6 weeks is not safe..

Though 2 months is still possible for best brands..
Ok,noted.
Then I made a big blunder of myself on my previous post. Never meant to write "you means ...." o. It's a typo and am nt in category of pple dt write such bad english here. Jst saw d mistake while readinp ur latest quote. Hope u understand and i am gonna modify it right now. Thanks
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by 5thNOTE: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
ochubabe:
Very nice development. But it will neither decrease the current cost of renting a house nor buying one. If you can't afford to but a house yet, it changes nothing. It only favours those that are currently building or the ones who can already afford it.
if it these reduction of price is nt a trick for politics 4 GEJ in 2015 i.e. It stays longer, then in bit of time, with reduce cement cost buying or renting of houses will reduce.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Dammyjohn(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Haaaaaa.O-p-p-o-r-t-u-n-i-t-y!I am on the way to buy 15bags.This one no go pass me by lailai!!!
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Sunbellar: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
I called Dangote cement Obajana and it's a lie. Dangote cement is N1,305 not N1, 000. Please avoid OP, he should be part of the allies that extort people on Facebook.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Negro1986(m): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
100Cents:

Which date was this new price effective ?

This man is really causing confusion in the industry. What was the essense of that rebate and lifting bonus ?
... From ist of November 2014,
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by 100Cents: 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Negro1986:
... From ist of November 2014,

The same day guys had no stock in their shops from Friday and were scampering to purchase anything available at any price anticipating a price hike.

Now, is Dangote actually losing market share ? His recent antics are just too many...

Since you are staff there, how can rebate be lifted and within the same week people made payments at N1,635 per bag and he turns around to reduce price to 1,308.

Now when a company reduces prices, who gets to know first ? Is it your distributors or the consumers(on radio and newspaper) ?

This is silliness..
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Iyanuasele: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
:oIt is well, but naija poen ur eyes
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
WAITING FOR PETROL PRICE TO BE REDUCED TO.#50 PER LITRE DEN I CAN COMMIT TO ANY SHIT
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by ofala(m): 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
Send me pm if you legitimately deal on cement as a DIRECT DISTRIBUTOR because we need huge quantity.

God bless you

100Cents:

Are you paying on delivery ?

What is your location. This is what matters.

Dangote has a reason for all this wash.. Number one choice in cement industry now is Ibeto.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by ofala(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Send me pm if you legitimately deal on cement as a DIRECT DISTRIBUTOR because we need huge quantity.

***Yes, I will pay 100% on delivery to the East ***
God bless you

100Cents:

Are you paying on delivery ?

What is your location. This is what matters.

Dangote has a reason for all this wash.. Number one choice in cement industry now is Ibeto.
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by SexyRihanna(f): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
thats what it supposed to be
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by Sambest2(m): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
talktimi:
By Victor Ahiuma-Young

LAGOS—LEADING cement manufacturer, Dangote Cement Plc, weekend, announced drastic reduction of the prices of its cement.

The new price regime announced by the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, GMD/CEO, of Dangote Cement, Mr. Devakumar Edwin, pegged the Dangote 32.5 cement grade at N1,000 per 50 kg bag, while the higher 42.5 grade would sell for N1,150 per bag.

A statement by the company at the end of a management meeting said, however, that the new prices were exclusive of the Value Added Tax, VAT, representing about 40 per cent discount on the prevailing market price of the product currently sold for N1,700 irrespective of the grade, across the country.

Edwin said the move was in line with the company’s commitment to the nation’s dire need for the development of infrastructure and to boost the federal and state government’s ongoing effort to reduce the near 20 million housing deficit in Africa’s largest economy.

He said, “we recognize the need for an increased rapid response to the huge infrastructure and housing deficit in the country, and one of the ways of addressing the issue is bringing the price of building materials down to much more affordable levels especially cement which is within our control as part of our contribution to the transformation agenda of the Goodluck Jonathan administration and the attainment of key milestones in the Millennium Development Goals, MDGs.

“Since the commencement of the implementation of the backward integration policy for cement in the country over 12 years ago, the local production capacity of the product rose from less than three million metric tonnes per annum to about 38 million metric tonnes per annum. During the more than 12-year period of the backward integration policy, nearly $20 billion has been directly and indirectly injected into the Nigerian cement industry with Dangote Cement Plc accounting for 60 per cent of that spend.”

The GMD/CEO added that Dangote Cement Plc would continue to ensure alignment of its corporate social responsibility with its strategic business initiatives and will continue to evaluate its pricing regime in Nigeria’s best interest.

Meanwhile, the timing of the initiative has confounded industry watchers, who say that from experience, the cement market is on the verge of entering the accelerated demand phase as the raining season is tapering and the dry season which provides the opportunity for increased construction and building activities is setting in.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/dangote-slashes-cement-price-n1000-per-bag/
If I get the bolded right, then OP I think you're wrong. Exclusive means not including. I.e the cement for N1,000 will sell for N1,400...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by lekkie073(m): 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
ofala:
Any Dangote Cement distributor here? If you are real...PM...for some order asap....

***Politics aside....if the wrong people choose to 'bribe' Nigerians this time: take the bribe because it is our money and vote the right candidate *****

.......Please if you are NOT a Dangote cement distributor, or can't deliver reasonable quantity at short notice to......... don't bother to pm please because we will do our checks on you before we deal with you.
DAT price is for distributors who have licence to dangote cement, not d retail or wholesale price.....the initial distributor price was 1605 when it was being sold at 1800

I am a distributor . how many are u ordering?
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by ducii: 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
100Cents:

The N1,000 and N1,150 price are exclusive of VAT..

Just creating problems for distributors when customers will approach them and start asking for new price..

Let them keep playing on public intelligence.

On Saturday, you guys kept twisting around while there weren't goods for buyers in shops..

Did you not read the post it says including VAT, cement prices has already been reduced in the past. it has nothing to do with politics, but a price war going on between Dangote Cement and Larfage Wapco. And Nigeria's VAT is 5% and not 40% I don't know where you got 40% from
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by ducii: 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
Iyanuasele:
:oIt is well, but naija poen ur eyes

Where you learn how to spell?
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by ducii: 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
gangar:
The border between nigeria.tchad and cameroun is blocked due to d insurgency. That is the major market for Nigerian cement. Tchad with its burstling oil economy is in building phase. It is this fact that brought the need to clear their warehouse of unsold cement which would damage just 2 month after production if unsold. Rememebr the rainy season and humidity. Those that buy must ensure its prompt use cause it has a short life span.

Bro you analysis is off, Nigeria consumes more than 99% of the cement produced in Nigeria
Re: Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) by babymi2(f): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
another strategy for GEJ to win election. shocked shocked shocked grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Estimated Cost Of A Storey Building / Can 2 Million Naira Build Me A 3 Bedroom Bungalow? / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.