Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,866 members, 7,872,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why I Did Not Remarry Since 1984 – Iya Rainbow - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Did Not Remarry Since 1984 – Iya Rainbow (490 Views)

Comedian Bovi And His Mother In 1984 / Funke Akindele To Remarry As JJC Proposes / Finally Exposed:'i Will Not Remarry' - Actress Fathia Balogun Says {read Here} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Did Not Remarry Since 1984 – Iya Rainbow by iamskatertola(m): 12:12am On Nov 03, 2014
Veteran Nollywood actress, Idowu Phillips popularly known as Iya Rainbow in a recent interview with Punch opens up on how life has been since the death of her husband in 1984.The top actress, Iya Rainbow said: “I didn’t re-marry because many men are liars and I don’t like that.

They come to your house, feel comfortable, you cook for them and probably have s*x with them and then they say ‘I would see you tomorrow,’ but you will never see them again.

I don’t like that.

It is better for someone to carry one’s cross. It is just that it is not easy to raise children.

I advise widows to walk in my footsteps, I know it is not easy not to re-marry but with prayers, God would help them.

For instance, if I had re-married, I probably would have had other children and I would be the one to see them through school at my old age and the man might even leave me.

I thought about all these and I decided to face parenthood.”

The 72-year-old Lagos born actress, who has spent 45 years on stage lost her husband in 1984 after battling with a sickness for about two and a half.

Iya Rainbow also said although she gets suitors, they end up running away once they see the number of her children.

Speaking on if she hasn’t had s*x since the death of her husband said:

“Then, I did not even remember that I am a woman.

I pray no one goes through what I went through.

Then, the only time I remembered that I am a woman was when I wanted to ease myself. husband to me"

(1) (Reply)

US Rapper Busta Rhymes Falls Off Stage, / Omotola Denies Granting Vanguard An Interview...the News About Cheating Is False / Hayden Penetierre Has A Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.