Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,533 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:45 PM

Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? (3038 Views)

IS This Scripture A TRUTH Or FABRICATION ? / Truth or Fabrication : Resurrected Saints From Tombs In Matthew 27:52 / Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
plaetton:

You keep repeating the same kindergarten logic.
I repeat, since water falls from the sky, we also have assume that a god in sky is either sheding tears or his water bucket is leaking.

Stop this merry-go-round.

But you haven't dealt with my argument you are being evasive.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by AgentOfAllah: 11:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

You are mistaking complex patterns for codes. Not all patterns are codes. In your example the zinc blend hexagonal lattices represent nothing else so they aren't codes.
But of course they do! They represent a lot of things. For example, they ultimately affect the optical bandgap of bulk GaN, its structural quality, mechanical and thermodynamic behaviour. They also prevent bulk GaN from mixing with other lattice mismatched semiconductors, causing phase separation and predictable compositional fluctuations.

2 Likes

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by plaetton: 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:

But you haven't dealt with my argument you are being evasive.

I have given you all that your convoluted logic deserves.
You haven't answered my question whether the cookie monster should be held responsible for the disappearance of my cookies.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 11:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

But of course they do! They represent a lot of things. For example, they ultimately affect the optical bandgap of bulk GaN, its structural quality, mechanical and thermodynamic behaviour. They also prevent bulk GaN from mixing with other lattice mismatched semiconductors, causing phase separation and predictable compositional fluctuations.
The bolded are qualities intrinsic to the lattice. They don't code for the lattice. Using your logic the code for the compound water would be that it is colorless, is a universal solvent, heats at 100°C whereas water (is the actual liquid) on its own codes for nothing what I've mentioned care properties of water. a see on its unique partial bonding.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by AgentOfAllah: 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
UyiIredia:
The bolded are qualities intrinsic to the lattice. They don't code for the lattice. Using your logic the code for the compound water would be that it is colorless, is a universal solvent, heats at 100°C whereas water (is the actual liquid) on its own codes for nothing what I've mentioned care properties of water. a see on its unique partial bonding.
Could you clarify what you mean by code exactly?
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

Could you clarify what you mean by code exactly?

code:
1. a system of words, letters, figures, or symbols used to represent others,
especially for the purposes of secrecy. or a thing that represents something g other than itself.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by urcutecrush(f): 3:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Infomizer:

Hate the player, don't hate the game...grin
Hahahahah
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Infomizer(m): 4:40am On Nov 04, 2014
UyiIredia:

You are mistaking complex patterns for codes. Not all patterns are codes. In your example the zinc blend hexagonal lattices represent nothing else so they aren't codes. DNA OTOH codes for a the chemicals guanine, thymine, cytosine or adenine depending on the pattern.

I get your point. The complexities surrounding the natural world can make one sentimental. I think it was one of the things Dawkins addressed at length in "The Blind Watchmaker". I think the culprit coder here is the blind forces of physics if I'm to go by Dawkins (he made sense but I'm not satisfied)..I'm not sure though.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by UyiIredia(m): 9:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Infomizer:

I get your point. The complexities surrounding the natural world can make one sentimental. I think it was one of the things Dawkins addressed at length in "The Blind Watchmaker". I think the culprit coder here is the blind forces of physics if I'm to go by Dawkins (he made sense but I'm not satisfied)..I'm not sure though.

So far there is nil evidence of blind forces of physics making codes only conscious minds do.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Kay17: 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
UyiIredia:
Life being created is based on the repeated evidence of people designing coded systems.

You are back to using vague language. What is a code?

Code is system of rules to convert information—such as a letter, word, sound, image, or gesture—into another, sometimes shortened or secret, form or representation for communication through a channel or storage in a medium. An early example is the invention of language, which enabled a person, through speech, to communicate what he or she saw, heard, felt, or thought to others. But speech limits the range of communication to the distance a voice can carry, and limits the audience to those present when the speech is uttered. The invention of writing, which converted spoken language into visual symbols, extended the range of communication across space and time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code

Except you reduce the DNA to chemical language, I don't see how the DNA is an alphabet system.

1 Like

Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by AgentOfAllah: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
UyiIredia:

code:
1. a system of words, letters, figures, or symbols used to represent others,
especially for the purposes of secrecy. or a thing that represents something g other than itself.
What does the emboldened mean? Is the vice-president a code for the president when he represents him in official events? Is pareidolia a code? Are the zodiac signs a code?
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by frank317: 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
UyiIredia:

I made a mistake. Living things are coded systems. So we infer a creator since intelligence is required to make coded systems.

i think inferring is okay, but let it just be infer for the mean time instead of saying you are certain and even being arrogant about it, condemning people to an after life torture base just inferences.
Re: Religion: Exaggerated Truth Or Well-Packaged Lie? by Infomizer(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
UyiIredia:

So far there is nil evidence of blind forces of physics making codes only conscious minds do.

Can you be kind enough to give examples of codes that you think the blind forces of physics can't 'create'?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enenche Attacks Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc, Say's I Love The Evil Of Prophet Tb Joshua / Battle For The Young By Gbile Akanni / Will Michael Jackson Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.