Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,888 members, 7,966,320 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:32 PM

Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court (11666 Views)

Controversy Trails Appointment Of Substantive AGF / Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly / BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by ichidodo: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2014
muktarmtt:
so u never knw he didn't have any intention of coming back to d house his work dere is done he will back to sokoto to b our governor, nd weda u like or not tambuwal make a name in Nigeria as a true Democrat nd a hero
That is if he wins Sokoto against Bafawara in the PDP.You think his recent show boating is heeded by those in remote Sokoto,the grass roots which bafarawa has under lock and key??.twas was better he used the political machinery of the PDP and federal might to vie for Sokoto but His politicital felony and miscalculation will haunt him down even to his local government as Wamakko won't be able to save him..PDP never forgives nor forget..
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by Toble: 10:38am On Nov 04, 2014
onatisi:
on the contrary ,this ruling actually does favour pdp .the main problem with nigerians is many don't read and even those that read not many of them understand.what the judge said was that tambuwal will remain the speaker UNTIL dec 3rd .after which he can be removed. What this means is that the house has to reconvene before he can be removed ,so why the joyous screams!once the house reconvenes on the 3rd of dec ,impeachment proceedings against him can or will commence but not while the house is on recess. So tambuwal has from now till the 3rd of dec to try and get ppl in the house to support him. dailypost.ng/2014/11/03/
breaking-court-says-
tambuwal-remains-speaker-
december-3/
And do you know when Tambuwa has been in APC just hiding under the umbrella of PDP? Do you think he's so stupid not to have known the constitution as a lawyer? Or do you think before they reconvene, there won't be members under PDP also playing a ruse? This is politics and both parties know what they are doing, it will be difficult for PDP to have majority in the by 3rd of Dec.
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by naija2dabone(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2014
Misleading headline: Until Friday 7th and not until conclusion of substantive suit
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by muh4lyf(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2014
Elan83:
Tambuwal z simply a foolsh man, he has less dan five months 2b d spkr, intead of letin go d offce,he defected wt d apex offce 2d enemy's side, & he as a lawyer kno dat diariz an impendin suit egenst oda PDP members dat defected 2 Apc last tym, mind u dat d houz rules z there, just 1/3 can convane d houz & stil can impeach him, i hate dat guy!
But you don't hate mimiko and ondo house that defected to pdp,you don't hate Ali modu sherrif,neither do you hate fani kayode..... God bless Nigeria
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by koikoi2(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2014
What will make d Speaker postpone plenary to December 3 if not of fear factor.
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by onatisi(m): 10:57am On Nov 04, 2014
Toble:
And do you know when Tambuwa has been in APC just hiding under the umbrella of PDP? Do you think he's so stupid not to have known the constitution as a lawyer? Or do you think before they reconvene, there won't be members under PDP also playing a ruse? This is politics and both parties know what they are doing, it will be difficult for PDP to have majority in the by 3rd of Dec.
politically that is where u have gotten it all wrong. Tambuwal is alone in this fight. No pdp rep will risk the wrath of pdp and gej and jeopardize his or her return ticket to the house just because he or she wants to support tambuwal. Tambuwal is from sokoto state ,are u now telling me that reps from gombe and katsina will just follow him like that knowing fully well that with pdp they stand a better chance of returning to the house than with apc ? This is politics and in politics it is about interests and not friendship. Tambuwal defection to apc is to guarantee his political survival and relevance and not because of any other rep member,so why should they follow him?
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 04, 2014
onatisi:
not that he will lose eventually ,infact he has already lost because pdp just got what they wanted from the law court. The substantive case is whether the house can reconvene ,if the court says yes then the house will reconvene before the 3rd and impeach him. Either way ,tambuwal is going or maybe I should just say he gone .

If the substantive case is whether the house can reconveine then PDP needs to take Tambuwal to court for not adhering to section 68 (1)g.

There is no need waiting for the house to reconviene because PDP does not have the numbers to impeach Sambo

They should take this matter to courts asap and remove him through the courts. Sambo is no longer a lawmaker!
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by onatisi(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2014
mikeansy:

If the substantive case is whether the house can reconveine then PDP needs to take Tambuwal to court for not adhering to section 68 (1)g.

There is no need waiting for the house to reconviene because PDP does not have the numbers to impeach Sambo

They should take this matter to courts asap and remove him through the courts. Sambo is no longer a lawmaker!
this is the case that will be heard on friday “After the rulings were
passed, the hearing on the
substantive case was
adjourned till Friday.
The suit was filed by
lawmakers on the All
Progressives Congress
(APC) platform in the House
of Representatives to stop
an alleged plan by the
ruling Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) to re-convene
before the adjourn date.
The Opposition Reps had
prayed the court to declare
that only the speaker can
issue a directive to re-
convene the House and any
other attempt is illegal and
unconstitutional.
The opposition lawmakers
also urged the court to
examine whether in view of
section 60 of the 1999
constitution and rules 18 of
the House standing order
the House of
Representative can be re-
convened without the
express application to the
speaker, or whether the
House could be re-
convened without the
speaker directing the clerk
of the House to give notice
of such re-assembly of
members.
The lawmakers also wanted
to clarify if the sitting can
be re-convened by any
other principal officer of the
House of representative
without recourse to the
speaker.”
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by muh4lyf(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2014
onatisi:
not that he will lose eventually ,infact he has already lost because pdp just got what they wanted from the law court. The substantive case is whether the house can reconvene ,if the court says yes then the house will reconvene before the 3rd and impeach him. Either way ,tambuwal is going or maybe I should just say he gone .
I am still laughing if the house reconvene,the question is does pdp have 2/3 majority,no... So how would they impeach him when they don't have 2/3?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by onatisi(m): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2014
muh4lyf:
I am still laughing if the house reconvene,the question is does pdp have 2/3 majority,no... So how would they impeach him when they don't have 2/3?
just wait and see how it all plays out. Or are u in a hurry to see it all?
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by muh4lyf(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2014
onatisi:
just wait and see how it all ends. Or are u in a hurry to see it all?
Xcept pdp bribe like they always do. For me,I just want a better Nigeria
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by Navalsadiq(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2014
ichidodo:
Tambuwal's career in the assembly is over he should quit now the ovation is loudest and go herd sokoto gudali in his village...
you are on your own
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by onatisi(m): 11:27am On Nov 04, 2014
muh4lyf:
Xcept pdp bribe like they always do. For me,I just want a better Nigeria
I also want the best for my country,but rules are rules and the law must take its course. This is not a case oof bribing and I think nigerians should even be grateful to gej for tolerating what is happening,obj wouldn't have tolerated all this . But let the law take its course
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by experimentist: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2014
Clerverly:
SEUN, Obinoscopy are you guys disappointed? Sorry! However kindly move this to the front page!
gringringrin

Seun fit vex ban you till 2024 o... *logs out(all)*
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by drnoel: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
berem:
you must be very pained by this good news. You were expecting the court to rule against Tambuwal but you were so disappointed.

Chai! Ndo o?

On the contrary. I was expecting the judge to honour his duties unconditionally and this means to rule for Tumbuwal but that would not still save him. Watch and see as events unfold.
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by kasiem(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
One off the major problems we have in Nigeria is that we tend to make several mistakes whenever we are trying to tackle political problems with emotions which only but lead us into support for deadly act of impunity. In most ideal societies what leads the electorates into making electoral choices is the long standing party manifesto and principle which determines the policies of their individual candidate. This why where there is need for conservative policies conservative candidates get elected into power same way it is done where liberal and radical candidates are needed in the system. I think this was the moral reason why the new electoral reform made it in such a way that the people elect the party into power and not the candidates which was shown in the way that only party logos appear on ballot papers and not individual candidates. So, i get surprised when i see some of us emotionally supporting this act of impunity recently perpetrated by the speaker of the house. The long run effect of supporting this act of tambuwal is that it will make our politicians to have zero principle cos they will be finding it so easy to switch parties at any time they want to carry out their selfish ambition and there wont be clear cut manifesto that would show us the vision of the politicians we elect into power. We will have a situation where a conservative candidate will be elected into power because of the conservative manifesto and tomorrow that person will switch party betraying our interest just for his political gain; this would only help in endangering our polity. So, as right thinking citizens of this country all we need to to is to be futuristic in our thinking and join the call for tambuwal's resignation from the house having betrayed the interest of the people that elected him there.
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by Atyodos: 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
nigeria, the defection country
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by gbishman: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
TAmbuwal is a pure and real politician, most importantly very intelligent one for that matter.
The PDP guys dnt even have the acumen to comprehend his tactics.
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by onatisi(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
kasiem:
One off the major problems we have in Nigeria is that we tend to make several mistakes whenever we are trying to tackle political problems with emotions which only but lead us into support for deadly act of impunity. In most ideal societies what leads the electorates into making electoral choices is the long standing party manifesto and principle which determines the policies of their individual candidate. This why where there is need for conservative policies conservative candidates get elected into power same way it is done where liberal and radical candidates are needed in the system. I think this was the moral reason why the new electoral reform made it in such a way that the people elect the party into power and not the candidates which was shown in the way that only party logos appear on ballot papers and not individual candidates. So, i get surprised when i see some of us emotionally supporting this act of impunity recently perpetrated by the speaker of the house. The long run effect of supporting this act of tambuwal is that it will make our politicians to have zero principle cos they will be finding it so easy to switch parties at any time they want to carry out their selfish ambition and there wont be clear cut manifesto that would show us the vision of the politicians we elect into power. We will have a situation where a conservative candidate will be elected into power because of the conservative manifesto and tomorrow that person will switch party betraying our interest just for his political gain; this would only help in endangering our polity. So, as right thinking citizens of this country all we need to to is to be futuristic in our thinking and join the call for tambuwal's resignation from the house having betrayed the interest of the people that elected him there.
I think the solution to this problem will be the enactment of a law that will stipulate the membership of a political party for at least 1 year by any politician before been eligible to contest for any election. And that once you are elected on a party platform for a post ,you can't leave that party until after 2 years,this means that it is only in the 3rd year of a term that you can defect. Once this is put in place ,I think politicians will think twice before joining or leaving any political party.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by cut007: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
HOWEVER, HEARING OF THE SUBSTANTIVE SUIT WILL COMMENCE ON FRIDAY!!!!!! Guys don't you have eyes? It beats me how senseless bigotry has blinded a lot of young Nigerians. There is only one way left for the soon-to-be ex-speaker and I'm afraid it isnt up and he knows it. I'm only sorry for these docile lot on nairaland.
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by LastProphet: 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
We didnt need a court to tell us this, however my first concern is why the Inspector General of Police is still in office, are there no people out there to demand his immediate resignation for this gaffe?
Re: Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
simpleseyi:
The IG has redeployed Tambuwal's security apparatus on Jonathan's instruction. Imagine this situation, Tambuwal's definitely has enemies just like you and I. Lets now assume that one of Tambuwal's political or business enemies knowing that Tambuwal is without security now sends assassins after Tambuwal and Tambuwal is gunned down. What will happen?

I will give you and idea, Northern almajaris with backing from soldiers of northern origin will sack Jonathan and all Southerners from the north including all Chukwudis,

Oghenes, Oluwaseguns and Cletuses. If Jonathan is lucky to escape alive, he will not run to Otuoke, because even under his grandmother's bed will not be safe, instead, he will run to Ivory Coast, where his mentor ran to in 1970. Asari Dokuboh, Government Tompolo and other nonentities will carry arms, but the Nigeria Army will crush them in less than 24 hours. General Ahamdu Mai Gambari will announce a military take over and everyone including you and I will back to square zero.

He that have ears, let him hear.

Shioo see threat!!!! Malam don finish for south? Bros nobody has a monopoly over violence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 2018 Budget Proposal Is Worse Than Nonsense- Jide Akintunde / Jonathan Did Not Rescue Any Girls – Chibok Parents / INEC Job: Despite Criticisms, Senate Set To Recommend Onochie’s Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.