Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,779 members, 7,952,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates (3443 Views)

Photos: Kenyan Maid Accused Of Using Urine To Cook For Her Boss / Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Arab Woman Pilot Disowned By Her Family' For Bombing ISIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by black247: 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wonder if she was raped?

A maid in the United Arab Emirates who attempted to kill her employer's three children by burning them with boiling water and attacking them with a cleaver while they slept has been jailed for life.

The 25-year-old Ethiopian maid, referred to as Y.S., claimed she attacked the children, two girls and a boy aged 15, 14 and 10, because they and their mother had made threats against her own life.

'The four of them, the mother and the children, threatened to kill me,' she told the Dubai Criminal Court through a translator from the Ethiopian embassy.

'When I later asked them to let me go home, they refused and again threatened to kill me,' she said.

A maid in Dubai (pictured) who attempted to kill her employer's three children by burning them with boiling water and attacking them with a cleaver while they slept has been jailed for life

Prosecutors said that the maid admitted the attack was an act of revenge for being mistreated and forced to go hungry, reports The National.
She said that her employer, a 42-year-old teacher, repeatedly accused her of stealing and refused to send her back to Ethiopia, claiming that her passport was missing.

The eldest sister said the incident happened the same day her mother had to go away for medical treatment.
She said: 'My sister and I were sleeping on one bed while our brother was sleeping on a mattress.
'Around 7am I felt some boiling water splashing on my face... I woke up shocked and saw the defendant.
'She held a boiler and a cleaver in her hands. She stabbed me repeatedly in my face, and then she attacked my sister and then my brother. We escaped and locked ourselves inside the washroom, then called the police.'

The Ethiopian maid was charged with a triple murder attempt, double suicide attempt and theft. She was also ordered to pay Dh21,000 (£3,600) in compensation to the mother. File picture

After the attack the maid went to the mother’s room to take money and her passport, which was hidden in a drawer.
A policeman described breaking down the door and discovering the children.
He said: 'They were bleeding from everywhere and badly burnt.'

The children were taken to hospital and police said they found the maid sitting on the floor of the flat’s balcony.

She is then alleged to have tried to slit her own throat before surrendering to police when they raised their guns.

She was charged with a triple murder attempt, double suicide attempt and theft. She was also ordered to pay Dh21,000 (£3,600) in compensation to the mother.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by igbo2011(m): 11:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
To bad Africans are the weakest people in the works and won't do anything about this. Just pay o sky daddy and probably go to Dubai for vacation....smh

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by black247: 1:20am On Nov 04, 2014
igbo2011:
To bad Africans are the weakest people in the works and won't do anything about this. Just pay o sky daddy and probably go to Dubai for vacation....smh

I hope we start thinking that ALL Africans are our business! You are right about us looking cowardly because so far foreigners think that they can do anything to us. Shame.

Another thing Igbo2011 - what good is our AU - if we allow these things..there are many more report of our abuses throughout?!

Ineffective organizations need to be evaluated

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
Brother I have read tons of stories such as this and it is absolutely heart-rending that Africans still go through this in this day and age and have to put up with such indignities. Africans (especially Sudanese, Ethiopians, Kenyans and Somalis) are constantly molested in Arab countries around the world. It is nothing but a continuation of the trans Saharan slave trade and like you rightly said, it is a shame that we Africans have not stood up for ourselves and done something to end the oppression. Imagine o, the same Lebanese who are in our country, running businesses and making magnificent lives for themselves treat us like the scum of the earth in their own country. Does this not irk my fellow Africans Are we numb to the sufferings of our brothers and sisters?

View the videos below of an escaped Ethiopian woman being abused by her lebanese employers/owners and of African maid abuse and slavery in Arab countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQNcDoypCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhFHhYHLUZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx3m3sAAfU8

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by black247: 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
BUSHIDO5:

Brother I have read tons of stories such as this and it is absolutely heart-rending that Africans still go through this in this day and age and have to put up with such indignities. Africans (especially Sudanese, Ethiopians, Kenyans and Somalis) are constantly molested in Arab countries around the world. It is nothing but a continuation of the trans Saharan slave trade and like you rightly said, it is a shame that we Africans have not stood up for ourselves and done something to end the oppression. Imagine o, the same Lebanese who are in our country, running businesses and making magnificent lives for themselves treat us like the scum of the earth in their own country. Does this not irk my fellow Africans Are we numb to the sufferings of our brothers and sisters?

View the videos below of an escaped Ethiopian woman being abused by her lebanese employers/owners and of African maid abuse and slavery in Arab countries.

Hey my brother!!

We got to meet up, I have told my family - finally some black men that think like me - told my girl...and they laughed. We (my family are from three different worlds). We have to meet!

Give me a bit, but we are going to change Nigeria!

I just popped in to tell you that because Im working.

All I can say is FINALLY Someone that thinks pan african..be back later!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by Centrifude(m): 12:35am On Nov 06, 2014
As long as Africans still feel the need to compete with each other for scraps, we'll never ever be united and strong enough to defend our selves.

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by Fulaman198(m): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2014
The problem is the puny wimpy African passive nature. It needs to end immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by GuyFawkes: 9:15am On Nov 06, 2014
Arabs enslaving Africans since 10,000 BC angry

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by AfricanApple(f): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2014
BUSHIDO5:

and u will never see a single white here in Africa who serves as a maid. in fact our pple thinks they are blessed to have a white man walking on their soil

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
AfricanApple:
and u will never see a single white here in Africa who serves as a maid. in fact our pple thinks they are blessed to have a white man walking on their soil

Thank you sister. Why is it okay for us blacks to be subservient to the so-called oyibos in their lands and they are not subservient to us in our own lands. In fact - and to make matters worse - we seem to be even more subservient to them in our own land. Our very own AFRICA!!!! And you are also absolutely right about some, or most, of our people believing that they are blessed to have a pink man walking on their soil, living like kings and demigods and lording it over us.

During my undergraduate days in Nigeria a pink pastor came to our university church one Sunday and you should have seen how happy, how pleased people were to have him in their midst. One shameless church worker, more than thrilled to have oyibo in his midst stood up and said something like "When I heard that a white man was going to be in our midst today I did not believe it at all. Imagine, a white man coming all the way from his land to fellowship with us in this our village. God truly loves this our church." Imagine!! The white man even acknowledged his kingship over blacks by saying "Anywhere I go in Nigeria, people love me because I am a white guy from America. Nigeria is truly a lovely place to live."

You can't imagine how embarrassed I felt that day. You should have seen how everyone hung to his every word during his sermon. I tell you, I was tempted to leave the service immediately after the black guy introduced the pink guy the way he did.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
Centrifude:
As long as Africans still feel the need to compete with each other for scraps, we'll never ever be united and strong enough to defend our selves.

You very eloquently summed up the African problem. Concise and straight to the point. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Fulaman198:
The problem is the puny wimpy African passive nature. It needs to end immediately.

Very true. Puny, wimpy, beggy beggy, cry cry, grovel at the master's feet. When will you cut the master's feet off so that he is forever grovelling at YOUR FEET? We should ask ourselves this question every time we feel the need to grovel and beg. Nobody respects a beggar. Yes, a beggar gets pity, and some compassion, but never respect. Pity and compassion are for stray puppies and kittens. Respect is for LIONS because they have their PRIDE.

By the way, have you noticed that a group of the majestic beasts called lions is called a PRIDE, not one? Africans have to understand that only through sticking together and looking out for each other can we reclaim and possess our PRIDE. It cannot be done by one person. We need to unite, regardless of tribe, religion, gender or political party.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
black247:

Hey my brother!!

We got to meet up, I have told my family - finally some black men that think like me - told my girl...and they laughed. We (my family are from three different worlds). We have to meet!

Give me a bit, but we are going to change Nigeria!

I just popped in to tell you that because Im working.

All I can say is FINALLY Someone that thinks pan african..be back later!!!!

Yes brother. We have to eventually do that some day.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
GuyFawkes:

It's a shame innit? For so long we have endured the whips and daggers of those who naturally should be subservient to us, yet we do nothing about it. It is time that came to an end.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by AfricanApple(f): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
BUSHIDO5:

Thank you sister. Why is it okay for us blacks to be subservient to the so-called oyibos in their lands and they are not subservient to us in our own lands. In fact - and to make matters worse - we seem to be even more subservient to them in our own land. Our very own AFRICA!!!! And you are also absolutely right about some, or most, of our people believing that they are blessed to have a pink man walking on their soil, living like kings and demigods and lording it over us.

During my undergraduate days in Nigeria a pink pastor came to our university church one Sunday and you should have seen how happy, how pleased people were to have him in their midst. One shameless church worker, more than thrilled to have oyibo in his midst stood up and said something like "When I heard that a white man was going to be in our midst today I did not believe it at all. Imagine, a white man coming all the way from his land to fellowship with us in this our village. God truly loves this our church." Imagine!! The white man even acknowledged his kingship over blacks by saying "Anywhere I go in Nigeria, people love me because I am a white guy from America. Nigeria is truly a lovely place to live."

You can't imagine how embarrassed I felt that day. You should have seen how everyone hung to his every word during his sermon. I tell you, I was tempted to leave the service immediately after the black guy introduced the pink guy the way he did.
if I was d one, I would leave. its really annoying. though we shouldn't treat dem like shits or non humans but we shouldn't take dem as god either. they are not better than us and vice versa. mtcheeew, Africans sef. if there one thing the whites are very good at, its total brainwashing angry

bros pls come and vote for me on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1983548/miss-nairaland-december-2014-contest#27772435
s
Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by Fulaman198(m): 5:22am On Nov 07, 2014
The problem is the nature with a lot of the people. They think it's good to be subservient to white people. White people are not God, yet the fools don't understand like AfricanApple said, they think it's a blessing that white people walk on African soil. I mean what kind of bullcrap mentality is that. I don't want to be tribalist and say that I'm glad Fulani people don't think that way, but I wish all Africans thought like the Fulani and were not subservient to whites.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by igbo2011(m): 6:14am On Nov 07, 2014
Fulaman198:
The problem is the nature with a lot of the people. They think it's good to be subservient to white people. White people are not God, yet the fools don't understand like AfricanApple said, they think it's a blessing that white people walk on African soil. I mean what kind of bullcrap mentality is that. I don't want to be tribalist and say that I'm glad Fulani people don't think that way, but I wish all Africans thought like the Fulani and were not subservient to whites.
Do you think Fula people are subservient to Arabs?
Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by Fulaman198(m): 6:41am On Nov 07, 2014
igbo2011:

Do you think Fula people are subservient to Arabs?

LOL no

Only the ones who are completely infatuated with Islam. However, I for one and I know of many other Fulani who don't worship the ground Arabs walk on.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by AfricanApple(f): 8:42am On Nov 07, 2014
Fulaman198:

LOL no

Only the ones who are completely infatuated with Islam. However, I for one and I know of many other Fulani who don't worship the ground Arabs walk on.
ur answer is contradictory, u said no and still said only d ones infatuated with Islam, now we all know there are a number of fulas who are Muslim and might be infatuated with Islam.

dat means if d fulas are not subservient to d white they are surely subservient to the Arabs only in lesser number and ways plus u haven't gone every single Fulani community on planet earth, have u?

stop making your pple seem clean in this, they are also a lil guilty though I must agree theirs is not as worst as other tribes in africa

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by AfricanApple(f): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2014
BUSHIDO5:

Very true. Puny, wimpy, beggy beggy, cry cry, grovel at the master's feet. When will you cut the master's feet off so that he is forever grovelling at YOUR FEET? We should ask ourselves this question every time we feel the need to grovel and beg. Nobody respects a beggar. Yes, a beggar gets pity, and some compassion, but never respect. Pity and compassion are for stray puppies and kittens. Respect is for LIONS because they have their PRIDE.

By the way, have you noticed that a group of the majestic beasts called lions is called a PRIDE, not one? Africans have to understand that only through sticking together and looking out for each other can we reclaim and possess our PRIDE. It cannot be done by one person. We need to unite, regardless of tribe, religion, gender or political party.
for dis to happen it will take hundred if not thousand of years. I'm not trying to be pessimistic o but with Islam and Christianity at large in Africa, there will always be a tumbling stone to d unity of africans. what are you guys saying sef, have we even finished talking about unity of Nigeria? talkless of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by Fulaman198(m): 12:17am On Nov 08, 2014
AfricanApple:
ur answer is contradictory, u said no and still said only d ones infatuated with Islam, now we all know there are a number of fulas who are Muslim and might be infatuated with Islam.

dat means if d fulas are not subservient to d white they are surely subservient to the Arabs only in lesser number and ways plus u haven't gone every single Fulani community on planet earth, have u?

stop making your pple seem clean in this, they are also a lil guilty though I must agree theirs is not as worst as other tribes in africa

Ok dear

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by AfricanApple(f): 12:23am On Nov 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

Ok dear
is dat all u gat to say? I'm suprised
Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
AfricanApple:
if I was d one, I would leave. its really annoying. though we shouldn't treat dem like shits or non humans but we shouldn't take dem as god either. they are not better than us and vice versa. mtcheeew, Africans sef. if there one thing the whites are very good at, its total brainwashing angry

bros pls come and vote for me on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1983548/miss-nairaland-december-2014-contest#27772435
s

i voted for you btw.
Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by BUSHIDO5: 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
I use the word "Africans" because as long as you are "black", you are African. You are first and foremost African before you are Nigerian or whatever tribe you are. So when I talk about Africans uniting and learning to stick u for one another, I am simply talking about "black" people, regardless of country, arising and being their brothers' and sisters' keepers. This idea has no geographical or geopolitical confines and it can be practiced anywhere. Yes, I think we are both in agreement that it should be practiced and preached in whatever country we find ourselves in, so for those in Nigeria, the respecting of your fellow African should begin in Nigeria. Those in Cameroon should practice and preach this way of life (brotherhood/sisterhood) in Cameroon. Then it will spread throughout Africa, just like a ripple or a line of dominoes.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by AfricanApple(f): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
BUSHIDO5:

i voted for you btw.
yeaaah! I saw it though u voted late but thanks cheesy
Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by ArtanK(m): 4:09am On Nov 12, 2014
GuyFawkes:

This type of slavery is facilitated by the Ethiopian government. Thousands of Ethiopian men and women leave for the gulf countries every month. It's sad really but I'm not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by GuyFawkes: 8:33am On Nov 12, 2014
ArtanK:

This type of slavery is facilitated by the Ethiopian government. Thousands of Ethiopian men and women leave for the gulf countries every month. It's sad really but I'm not surprised.

Should the Ethiopian government deny the people the right to seek greener pastures elsewhere? Its so sad when you read about the injustice and indignity they suffer in Israel as well. The horrors they experience in the Sinai desert alone are gut-wrenching.

How about the global powers calling out the gulf countries about this form of modern day slavery? But yet again Africa remains what it is, and millions are desperately trying to flee for better lives albeit living in bondage.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by ArtanK(m): 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Should the Ethiopian government deny the people the right to seek greener pastures elsewhere? Its so sad when you read about the injustice and indignity they suffer in Israel as well. The horrors they experience in the Sinai desert alone are gut-wrenching.

How about the global powers calling out the gulf countries about this form of modern day slavery? But yet again Africa remains what it is, and millions are desperately trying to flee for better lives albeit living in bondage.

The government is exploiting the people by giving them false hopes of a better life and abundant jobs. They are scapegoating their own people so their shortcomings seem insignificant when they promise them a better life.
Bear in mind Ethiopia receives over $2bn in aid every year yet it is surprisingly poorer than all of the countries in the horn, and yes that includes Somalia.

Ethiopia is not alone in this horrible act though, North Korea has also started to ship it's citizens to gulf countries such as Qatar and UAE where they are preparing for the WC 2022 and the World Expo 2020.

Calling out the masterminds behind this deceitful act and educating people about the dangers of human trafficking is key to overcoming this problem.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates by khiaa(f): 3:44am On Nov 13, 2014
BUSHIDO5:

Brother I have read tons of stories such as this and it is absolutely heart-rending that Africans still go through this in this day and age and have to put up with such indignities. Africans (especially Sudanese, Ethiopians, Kenyans and Somalis) are constantly molested in Arab countries around the world. It is nothing but a continuation of the trans Saharan slave trade and like you rightly said, it is a shame that we Africans have not stood
up for ourselves and done something to end the oppression. Imagine o, the same Lebanese who are in our country, running businesses and making magnificent lives for themselves treat us like the scum of the earth in their own country. Does this not irk my fellow Africans Are we numb to the sufferings of our brothers and sisters?

If the Lebanese are behaving like this in your own country,
SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!

If the Ethiopians are being mistreated why dont they come home, why stay?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Pictures Of Newly Discovered Amazon Tribe Who Lived In The Forest For 600yrs / Xenophobia: Real Reasons Why Millions Are Flocking Into SA / The 16 Year Plan To Destroy America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.