Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,036 members, 7,922,507 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:51 AM

Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? (2782 Views)

Container Falls On A Toyota Hiace Bus Along Ilasa-Oshodi Expressway (Pictured) / How To Remove Check Engine Light Originating From Bad/absent Catalytic Converter / Can Someone Help With My Vin Number Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by casmegg: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
I went to inspect a registered toyota corolla 2008 and the place in the front lower panel of windscreen where VIN number is engraved is blank? please wat does this mean? is it safe to buy this car? And the Chassis no on the licence does not correspond to Toyota? AHTLA52E203013401.
plz advise
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
Does it use another manufacturer frame ?
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
casmegg:
I went to inspect a registered toyota corolla 2008 and the place in the front lower panel of windscreen where VIN number is engraved is blank? please wat does this mean? is it safe to buy this car? And the Chassis no on the licence does not correspond to Toyota? AHTLA52E203013401.
plz advise

Hmmmm! Well, take a picture of the corolla. But I strongly believe its not a North American market corolla.
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by casmegg: 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
THIS IS A PIC OF THE CAR

Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
S.A model most likey, when you run a car-fax report it will not work.

There is a vin, When you open the bonnet on the firewall side. Also check on the drivers door by the frame.

Make sure the vin you have on the car is the vin on the particulars, if not DO NOT BUY.
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by DelTel(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
The car is probably assembled (or manufactured) in South Africa from the VIN number series.
Hence you can't access the vin history like some European cars. You need to use your personal and mechanic's judgement to access the car.
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
casmegg:
THIS IS A PIC OF THE CAR

Na front quarter side I wan see. When I see the front marker, I'll know.

Is the front marker/reflector white or amber coloured?
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
casmegg:
plz advise

vin number is not only in one place check the rest of the other places
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
OP, make sure that something is not blocking it.

I had a car that a parking validation ticket was blocking the VIN plate. It so happened to be the same color of the dash.
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by casmegg: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
AHTLA52E203013401.
THIS VIN IS ON THE LICENCE AND ON THE DOOR PANEL.
AND DIS IS D FRONT VIEW.

Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
That's Not a North American market corolla. Note the front marker is white instead of amber coloured (except if the headlamp units have been replaced before).
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by casmegg: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
tHANKS MY OGAS. I thought i knew enough about corollas. Now i kknow I'm just a neophyte.
Pls @Iomomike... where is the front marker? same as headlanps?
Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
casmegg:
tHANKS MY OGAS. I thought i knew enough about corollas. Now i kknow I'm just a neophyte.
Pls @Iomomike... where is the front marker? same as headlanps?

Note the small yellowish/ amber coloured triangular side of the headlamp, that's an American/Canadian spec headlamp.

1 Like

Re: Absent VIN NUMBER IN A Toyota Corolla; What Does This Mean? by blank(f): 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
casmegg:
plz advise

I once had a corolla like that. It was bought new from Elizade. No VIN and an incomplete chasis number. It was not funny when I wanted to register it.

However, for different chasis number, is not possible that it could have been changed?

(1) (Reply)

The New 2016 Honda Civic / How Much Does Toyota Matrix Cost. / Information On Isuzu Rodeo 2001-2004 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.