Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism (18861 Views)

Mikel Obi & His Twin Girls On A Stroll (photo) / Mikel Obi & His Twins Waiting For Christmas Dinner / Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by MadCow1: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
The question is why Mikel? that guy is an overrated chelsea flop

Guy!!

Abeg go vote for my Chick TemiGracie..

Abeg you !! As my guy wey you be.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by AdemolaA2: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
professional should play like one and wake up from his slumber so that he doesn't get dropped .Keshi should act professionally too and leave sentiments aside .
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
MadCow1:

Guy!!

Abeg go vote for my Chick TemiGracie..

Abeg you !! As my guy wey you be.. grin
Na your chick ni?
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by MadCow1: 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
Na your chick ni?

No be like that o!!

But na my Person she be.. grin

BAdtGuys!

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Keshi really needs to attend management course. He does not talk like a national team coach. A good coach would always focus on the future and not the past. All his noise will end this month because Nigeria may not qualify to the Nations Cup. Jonathan has gambled on this man.
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by topcheat: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
let new talented player showcase..keshi should give chance 4 odas
Guys check did site n give a like if it is well built
www.picoswap.com
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by tpraiz(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Am inlove with dis thread.......MoD push dis topic to TOP PAGE instead of frontpage. *Abegiii::::::::
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
mikeson12:

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/5755011

http://www.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/141102/Keshi_lifts_the_lid
I don't think so...
Mikel may not be egoistic like Osaze and IK Uche...
But he no sabi play better football.
Keshi sef too dey give us concern
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
MadCow1:

No be like that o!!

But na my Person she be.. grin

BAdtGuys!
I don vote

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by MadCow1: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
I don vote

Thanks a lot my Brother.. I am Grateful
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
MadCow1:

Thanks a lot my Brother.. I am Grateful
Them the girls no fine like the last edition. Na average girls full.

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by MadCow1: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
Them the girls no fine like the last edition. Na average girls full.

grin

grin

No Comment..

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by vacant06(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
If he drops mikel nigeria team wil fumble

3 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by eleko1: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
embarassed embarassed embarassed. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bafa4success(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
undecidedWho care ? How does that affect the price of kpomo?

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by ahmed486: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Bluffly: 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
mikeson12:

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/5755011

http://www.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/141102/Keshi_lifts_the_lid

Now Keshi appears clueless. So we should sit down with past accolades and not think you getting new accolades. Brother Keshi keep dwelling in the past. Go and bring Okocha, Amadu, Kanu, Tunde Balogun, Henry Nwosu, Amokachi, Oliseh, Taribo etc etc to play the remaining qualifiers, alright because you are better off in living in the past.

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by chukxie(m): 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Make una leave Mikel alone. The guy dey do his job whether good, average or bad. After all he's still at Chelsea. If Mikel were as bad as some people on this thread think he is, I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't still be keeping him. Go figure!

2 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by DeeMain(m): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
If Coach Keshi wants to bring in a player from Malta, people will shout.

By the way, replacing Mikel is not easy. Technically brilliant players are difficult to find. Look at Italy, since 2000 until today, they have not been able to replace Pirlo. Xavi and Xabi Alonso was irreplaceable until Thiago Alcantara came along.

Super Eagles have had very great players but only Finidi George, Kanu and Mikel have showed technical brilliance in the Super Eagles. It is hard to explain this quality. I never watched Coach Keshi play in midfield, but I heard he was that sort of player.

They spend more time reading the game than playing it.

So it is not just about scouting players.

Bros Keshi was a defender that liked to overlap not a midfielder please. And don't insult the memory of such fine footballers with this inane comparison with Mikel abeg you.
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by mexzony: 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Keshi has come again with his nonsense talk.
Maybe nigerians are blind.
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by steppin: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Mikel is one of the reasons I like Coach Keshi. Mikel is not as poor as people make him to be. Look at Fellaini at Man Utd. Many Man Utd fans castigated him and wanted him out of the team. Today, he is one of the few players that brings class to the midfield.

Sometimes, people should know there is more to football than watching a player run with the ball. Decision making, intelligence and knowing when to attack or defend is important to the team.

Mikel is a very technical player and has tried for the team.

I keep pointing at the fact that Mikel was the best Nigerian player in the match against South Africa. After the game, many were abusing Mikel that he was one of the reasons we did not win the game. I shook my head in Yoruba.
I've read your posts about Keshi and it's always the same. Keshi is your idol, so whatever he does or chooses is right. You're more than biased and you post with sentiment.
Keshi is using Mikel for his own personal reasons not because he's good. His total flop at the world cup is a good reason to put his sloppy assz on the bench, but Keshi won't even think of that.
How much time does he need to perform?

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Smooyis(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Lol. This is the joke of the year. No wonder the super eagles has been dropping points every month.

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Calebosko(m): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
mikel is d boss

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by mexzony: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
This is what happens when the presidency interferes directly in football matters.
Look at how a coach is talking about a slow player who is so full of himself.
Is it that Nigeria does not have better players.
Look at nemanja matic, Mikel should have been like him,fast strong and mobile but he seems content with sitting on the bench and collecting money.
Yet people can't see the writing on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bastien: 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Mikel is one of the reasons I like Coach Keshi. Mikel is not as poor as people make him to be. Look at Fellaini at Man Utd. Many Man Utd fans castigated him and wanted him out of the team. Today, he is one of the few players that brings class to the midfield.

Sometimes, people should know there is more to football than watching a player run with the ball. Decision making, intelligence and knowing when to attack or defend is important to the team.

Mikel is a very technical player and has tried for the team.

I keep pointing at the fact that Mikel was the best Nigerian player in the match against South Africa. After the game, many were abusing Mikel that he was one of the reasons we did not win the game. I shook my head in Yoruba.
Since. I know u on nairaland u have been supporting Mike,even when I said mikel won't perform in 2010 world CUP and 2014 world cup u argued with me till I gave up........if mikel is a good player or better than matic he won't be sitting on the bench at Chelsea. Mikel will never play for any big club in Europe again, it's not joke it's a promise! Watch out Mr Chelsea fan

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bastien: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
If Coach Keshi wants bribe, do you think he would be collecting money from Salami instead of Martins?

Still shaking my head in Yoruba.
sire with all due respect,all naija coach do collect kola from players, from u17 to senior team,mikel is the highest kola keshi is receiving. Even at the u17 selection, u will have to pay some sum of money to make it to the first 21players mine you,with your connection! And also another some to make the first eleven

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bastien: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
buskie13:
See what GEJ has caused.....Keshi is not a coach...when we have more eligible players....kalu uche is there...Keshi is collecting bribe
Yeah enough bribe
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bastien: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
Mikel hasn't been in form...if there's someone who'll do better ,that person should replace him
ma neighbor does better than mikel, he is the yaya toure type......just imagine yaya play,and u will know what I'm talking about
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by abatically(m): 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
Anybody that knows football very well will know mikel obi is still the most technically gifted player we have in our midfield (apart from maybe iheanacho, but then they both don't play the same role. Nacho is an attacking midfielder who plays behind the striker while mikel plays deeper in the holding midfield role).

I'm not a fan of mikel, but no doubt we need him in our team to keep possesion going (that is when he is at his best). Its a shame he is the best we have in that role, so we have to live with that for now. Mikel is still more techinally sound than even onazi who is more a box to box midfielder. Uchebo, azeez, babatunde, Moses, musa etc are not as technical as mikel. The problem is mikel has not been doing his job well. But the sad thing is there's no one who can do it better than him at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bastien: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
barcanista:
The question is why Mikel? that guy is an overrated chelsea flop
I be think say na only politics match u set watch (PDP v APC)
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bastien: 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

I don't think so...
Mikel may not be egoistic like Osaze and IK Uche...
But he no sabi play better football.
Keshi sef too dey give us concern
I dey tell u,make no sabi anything...... make I see if e go commot from Chelsea go another big club if no be sunderland or burnley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From The 2017 Ibadan City Marathon / London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.