Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,038 members, 7,973,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:44 PM

Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? (15975 Views)

Greatest Rapper Alive / Tha Source Magazine Interviews Greatest Rapper On Nairaland / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Sauron1: 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2008

Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What?

The greatest rapper of all time died on MARCH 9TH. . . . .THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G. is the greatest rapper EVER.

To the cats alive, my list goes:

Eminem
Canibus

Nas
Jay-Z
Jadakiss
DMX.
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by tosinadeda: 12:05am On Dec 13, 2008
sauron wetin u dey find for music
before i count half better go back sports grin
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Sauron1: 12:42am On Dec 13, 2008
tosinadeda:

sauron wetin u dey find for music
before i count half better go back sports grin

Music?? Are u sure you know better than i do when it comes to music??
I don't think so. . . . .
Just because i don't come here often does not mean shyte!!!

What do u want us to debate? Ruggedman Vs Mode9?? Rugged wins!!
The best rapper in Naija?? Virus!!!
What else??
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by tosinadeda: 12:47am On Dec 13, 2008
comot jare
go dey talk your man u
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by sunnykiss(m): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2008
Nas is th teacher and can be a living legend grin, una come star mega jam men dat concert na bomb oo

Nas flow live, infact that is the true definition of a real rapper, NAS
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by alisigwe(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2008
Bamsyle:

Let me reply as quickly as possible because I'm in a hurry.

'Illmatic' is one of the greatest hip hop/rap albums ever. But mind you, we're talkin' bout the greatest rapper here, not the greatest album. . .

Please explain how 'It Was Written' was directed to Pac? Some peops have argued that 'If I Rule The World' took an indirect shot at Pac, but it's not clear how this is the case. Remember Pac even rapped on the same beat and dissed Nas on it.

FYI, Pac whupped Nas up big time in 'Against All Odds'. I'm not aware that Nas replied or dissed Pac ever.

One thing I can quickly tell you is that Nas has always held Pac in high esteem. Do your research, he respects Pac a lot. Even after he dissed him. You would agree that Pac was a restless guy. And somewhat paranoid. Watched his back at all times. Felt misunderstood by a lot of cats. So he dissed 'em. Nas was one of 'em.

But then in case you do not understand me, Nas is a very great rapper. He's awesome. Got a great deal of content. And he has worked hard to get where he is. But I just think Pac's got more legacy, more influence, more presence, more dexterity.

I'll be back later. . .

pac aint the only one,but i think he was a great rapper,the real difference between nas and pac is that nas  had all the attributes to be the best, some rappers are singing ONLY for money and i can recognize that because i don't feel the energy in their songs,  nas had a true lovin heart, tryin to understand all things and people that sourround him and he wrote that,helpin to a lot of people,  that is real shit for me,and i call it ART!! that's not the only thing why I admire nas,he was a fighter, aint scared of the society,he recently said that he hates the radio,nas dissed pac with ''the message,''and u shouldn't forget that nas was too young then,before the against all odds track,pac directed the track to mobb deep,p.diddy and nas because he thought nas was stealing his style when he claimed he was shot,he had a line that said''took 5 and left the hospital''same shit pac said,but pac suddenly squashed the beef with,he was about to make it public before he was sprayed.
  ''illmatic'' ain't one of the best hiphop albums ever to be maid,it;s simply the best album to ever come out of the hiphop community,coming ou at the 18,he gave the hiphop scene sth that was to last forever,''forevermatic''many at times the hiphop community had wanted to confer the crown to nas,but he's alwayz bitched out,i even watched him say pac is greater than him,but when u look at the achievements,i found it hard to place any one ahead,he's sth i regard as a complete artist,no weakness,he keps seeing things clearer as he's getting older,pac had a kind of syndrome that was analyzed after his death,it had to do with fame sth like he let the fame get to his,and i fault u when u said he was watching his back 24\7,there was a story back in the dayz that pac didn't care about his life that much, times at night clubs he would sneak out leaving his bodyguards searching for him for hours,he failed to understand that  hiphop ain;t a do or die thing,he gave his life because of his insecurity,nas understands that it's all about skillz,that what counts nth how many u slay or how many times u gat shot,i would ever do shits because this cat did,music ain't supposed to be greater than what it is,pac took every thing going in the studio serious,and to me that ain;t keping it real,he was too blind to look into the future and see what it would look like,lyricwise nas is greater,i would give it to pac with it comes to characterwise but that same shit killed him.
    concerning biggie,i think he should be compared to jay-z cuz he ain't on the same level with pac and nas,the only rapper alive that i can compare to nas currently iz AZ,lyrically he's somehow near nas.
                                           nuff said
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Hardballer(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2008
ay did rakim die?
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by chamotex(m): 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2008
He's one of the greatest . . . . . . . . . He's a POET!!!
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Bamsyle(m): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2008
alisigwe:

pac aint the only one,but i think he was a great rapper,the real difference between nas and pac is that nas had all the attributes to be the best, some rappers are singing ONLY for money and i can recognize that because i don't feel the energy in their songs, nas had a true lovin heart, tryin to understand all things and people that sourround him and he wrote that,helpin to a lot of people, that is real shit for me,and i call it ART!! that's not the only thing why I admire nas,he was a fighter, aint scared of the society,he recently said that he hates the radio,nas dissed pac with ''the message,''and u shouldn't forget that nas was too young then,before the against all odds track,pac directed the track to mobb deep,p.diddy and nas because he thought nas was stealing his style when he claimed he was shot,he had a line that said''took 5 and left the hospital''same shit pac said,but pac suddenly squashed the beef with,he was about to make it public before he was sprayed.
''illmatic'' ain't one of the best hiphop albums ever to be maid,it;s simply the best album to ever come out of the hiphop community,coming ou at the 18,he gave the hiphop scene sth that was to last forever,''forevermatic''many at times the hiphop community had wanted to confer the crown to nas,but he's alwayz bitched out,i even watched him say pac is greater than him,but when u look at the achievements,i found it hard to place any one ahead,he's sth i regard as a complete artist,no weakness,he keps seeing things clearer as he's getting older,pac had a kind of syndrome that was analyzed after his death,it had to do with fame sth like he let the fame get to his,and i fault u when u said he was watching his back 24\7,there was a story back in the dayz that pac didn't care about his life that much, times at night clubs he would sneak out leaving his bodyguards searching for him for hours,he failed to understand that hiphop ain;t a do or die thing,he gave his life because of his insecurity,nas understands that it's all about skillz,that what counts nth how many u slay or how many times u gat shot,i would ever do shits because this cat did,music ain't supposed to be greater than what it is,pac took every thing going in the studio serious,and to me that ain;t keping it real,he was too blind to look into the future and see what it would look like,lyricwise nas is greater,i would give it to pac with it comes to characterwise but that same shit killed him.
concerning biggie,i think he should be compared to jay-z because he ain't on the same level with pac and nas,the only rapper alive that i can compare to nas currently iz AZ,lyrically he's somehow near nas.
nuff said

Hey, first off - quit using past tense for Nas (e.g. Nas had a true loving heart!). Don't scare me man, the dude ain't dead yet cheesy

Sorry but you've got too much stuff mumbled up there. Well, all I can quickly sift from your post are:

Nas has a lovin' heart. Pac also had tongue

Pac never allowed fame to get to his head. He was a down-to-earth homie like you and me. He only felt misunderstood by a lot of peops plus he was somewhat paranoid. And yes, he could do some weird thangs like you said. He was a free wind. A restless spirit.

On "The Message" thingy, Nas recently stated in an interview that the line "'One life, one love, there can only be one king" in that song was a subliminal message/diss to Biggie. Pac thought it was directed at him. Do your research.

Also, a lot of peops have argued that the opening line of the song - "The Fake thug, no love" was a diss to Pac but it's been a subject of debate. Only Nas can answer that. In "Against All Odds", Pac makes it clear he's dissing Nas. He spat "This lil' nigga named Nas think he live like me, talking bout he left da hospital took five like me". Nas was NY, and obviously Pac had probs with that. To Pac, all NY rappers are a bunch of phoney/unreal cats.

For me anyway, both rappers are/were great. But Pac is notches greater. . .

Now you're gettin' me confused. Your earlier analysis implied Nas is a better character than Pac. Then you turn around and say "i would give it to pac with it comes to characterwise" What you on dawg?

And OMG, what did you just say about Biggie? shocked

That must have been you vomitting. Lap it up immediately. . .
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Sauron1: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2008
alisigwe:

concerning biggie,i think he should be compared to jay-z because he ain't on the same level with pac and nas,the only rapper alive that i can compare to nas currently iz AZ,lyrically he's somehow near nas.
nuff said

U know nuthing about RAP music. . . . .Biggie should be compared to Jay-Z??
Pass the spliff you smoking to the LHS, dude!!!
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by kaypumpin2(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2008
nuff said

I need Fela's jumbo sized weed to make me agree with you on this.
It's an abomination dude
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Hardballer(m): 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2008
has anyone here ever listened to big l that guy is sick the guy throws so many puunchlines around and if you ask me hes better than nas
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by YoungK1: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2008
Point of correction AdeCisco reasonable doubt never eva went paltinum in its first week at all it wasnt a number 1 billboard album so say the truth and don't lie to credit JaY z because he's always lost
From HOT 97 were he lost the King of New York to
Vibe magazine were he lost 79-31 against eminem and u call him the best rapper
I'ld rather call Kanye that than Jay Z
As four Nas he got 4 5mics album and he is the only rapper who has accomplished that
Best lyriscist and greatesr rapper of all times is waht he is NASSSSSSSSSSS
Go read up Eric Dyson and 9 otha scholars there are researching and developing a an educational approach  afta Illmatic
The first for any musician eva in the history books
Nas
He's just to ill for little' homies like ya
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by alisigwe(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2008
Bamsyle:

Hey, first off - quit using past tense for Nas (e.g. Nas had a true loving heart!). Don't scare me man, the dude ain't dead yet cheesy

Sorry but you've got too much stuff mumbled up there. Well, all I can quickly sift from your post are:

Nas has a lovin' heart. Pac also had tongue

Pac never allowed fame to get to his head. He was a down-to-earth homie like you and me. He only felt misunderstood by a lot of peops plus he was somewhat paranoid. And yes, he could do some weird thangs like you said. He was a free wind. A restless spirit.

On "The Message" thingy, Nas recently stated in an interview that the line "'One life, one love, there can only be one king" in that song was a subliminal message/diss to Biggie. Pac thought it was directed at him. Do your research.

Also, a lot of peops have argued that the opening line of the song - "The Fake thug, no love" was a diss to Pac but it's been a subject of debate. Only Nas can answer that. In "Against All Odds", Pac makes it clear he's dissing Nas. He spat "This little' nigga named Nas think he live like me, talking bout he left da hospital took five like me". Nas was NY, and obviously Pac had probs with that. To Pac, all NY rappers are a bunch of phoney/unreal cats.

For me anyway, both rappers are/were great. But Pac is notches greater. . .

Now you're gettin' me confused. Your earlier analysis implied Nas is a better character than Pac. Then you turn around and say "i would give it to pac with it comes to characterwise" What you on dawg?

And OMG, what did you just say about Biggie? shocked

That must have been you vomitting. Lap it up immediately. . .
dugg,i think u should be the one that needs to check on ya points.u readily attribute every quality i drop abt nas to pac,u fail to dig deep into the shit u claim u serving,u readily praise nas and then going back to ya bitching attitude to diss him,in case u don't know a university in paris started studying the song ''one mic'' immediately the song drooped,rare achievement for a rapper,pac was kind of insecured i'll say it again till the day ya skulls will open to see the truth,illmatic went platinum ten years after,just at 18,and u still gat the mind to say pac is greater,wayback i used to say pac was greater,till i listened to almost everything he drooped and i decided to try sth new,thats when i discovered nas,when he drooped just a moment i went crazy,that boy really gat a good mind,dud go check ''2nd childhood''
  i would love to repeat that i give it up to em poets nat to em punchers thats why i ain't feeling biggy,sorry if i hurt anyone.
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by bgees(m): 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2008
Biggie makes a classic.
His next album is average.
He gets involvd in a publicised beef with tupac.

He gets killed.

Then all of a sudden, he becomes a legend?

I have a problem with that. I believe d beef and his death made him more famous.

You dont have to die by d bullet to be a legend. Thats why we have LIVING legends. And NaS is one.
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Sauron1: 12:01am On Dec 22, 2008
bgees:

Biggie makes a classic.
His next album is average.
He gets involvd in a publicised beef with tupac.

Life After Death was average?? Are u out of your mind??
If u don't like BIGGIE, i am kool with it.
Just mention 2Pac or Nas or Weezy and leave the late veteran alone. . . . aiight??

No rapper in the world can match Biggie Small's lyrical supremacy. . . . .
Canibus actually said the greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th.
Thatz enuff credits from a great rapper himself.

Nas compared to Biggie?? Even Nas(himself) would slap your face for such blasphemy!!!
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by bgees(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2008
I just have a problem putting biggie up there with nas and pac. I even prefer kool g rap to biggie.
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Bamsyle(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2008
alisigwe:

dugg,i think u should be the one that needs to check on ya points.u readily attribute every quality i drop about nas to pac,u fail to dig deep into the shit u claim u serving,u readily praise nas and then going back to ya bitching attitude to diss him,in case u don't know a university in paris started studying the song ''one mic'' immediately the song drooped,rare achievement for a rapper,pac was kind of insecured i'll say it again till the day ya skulls will open to see the truth,illmatic went platinum ten years after,just at 18,and u still gat the mind to say pac is greater,wayback i used to say pac was greater,till i listened to almost everything he drooped and i decided to try sth new,thats when i discovered nas,when he drooped just a moment i went crazy,that boy really gat a good mind,dud go check ''2nd childhood''
i would love to repeat that i give it up to em poets nat to em punchers thats why i ain't feeling biggy,sorry if i hurt anyone.

Dawg, are you somewhere in the woods?

You kept rating Nas based on character standards and I showed you that underneath all that "thug life", "f**k the world" and stuff, Pac was a real good brother. Then you start to claim that I'm attributing every quality you drop about Nas to Pac. What are you on?

Me dissing Nas? shocked You must be losing it. In your world, my saying Pac is ahead of Nas is synonymous with dissing. Hombre, I'm sure you don't like Nas as much as I do. I won't even let you into my Nas World. On a good day, I won't even be having this needless debate with you. Your rating of Nas comes nowhere close to mine.

Y'know'hat? Stop this bulls*it. How many times platinum has Pac's Don Killuminati: The 7-day Theory gone? Quit comparing Pac and Nas. Or Biggie and Nas. Nas doesn't even come close. Find sumn better to do. Maybe compare Barrack Obama and Sarah Palin (who's the better freestyler?). Not this bulls*it. Don't make me talk like I don't like/respect Nas. I do. But for you to place him above Biggie or Pac, especially using character parameters; that's drivel. B T W, when did a rapper's skill become measurable by his character?

Did you say a university is studying "One Mic"? I'm impressed cheesy. Recently, the renowned Harvard University sponsored an academic symposium on 2pac and his works. Speakers included an English Professor from State University of New York, a Professor of Communications from Northeastern University, a Professor of Music from Northeastern University and a Professor of Humanities and African American Studies from University of Pennsylvania (who also wrote a book on 2pac).

At the symposium, these professors all praised 2pac, employing words like "intellectual", "brilliant", and "insightful" to describe him and his works. Someone said his death has left a leadership void amongst hip-hop artists.

Not long after his death, a course was introduced at the University of California on 2pac's poetry and history.

If you need sources for all the above, ask me.

There are loads more but let me stop here else we won't stop till the sun goes down. I hope you now know what time it is cos if your argument is all about legacy (be it academic, cultural, etc) or awards, 2pac got 'em in heaps. . .

Maybe you never heard of this rule but it goes sumn like this:

"When rooting for an artiste, be mindful that you do not place character over skill".

Repeat it to yourself 120 times.

Do sumn for me homie. Go check a dictionary. "Character" and "Skill" are 2 different words.
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Sauron1: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2008
bgees:

I just have a problem putting biggie up there with nas and pac. I even prefer kool g rap to biggie.

I realised that but NAS himself would SLAP you hard for making such comparison.

Biggie Smallz?? He had the best flow and his art of story-telling is second to none!!!
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Devince: 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2008
Nas is King
As long as longitivity, conciousness and real creativity is concerned.

don't forget he's called 'The Second Coming of Rakim' - For being the only rapper to beat rakim's internal rhyming and syllable word play making him the Best Lyrist/Music Poet

'The Illiest MC' for producing the only album 'ILLMATIC' to be made an educational approach to human life and behaviour by 9 scholars spearheaded by eric dyson.

The Greatest MC of all time- Kanye West enthroned this after been rated the no.1 artiste of the year 2008 for being his main source of inspiration.

The Greatest of ever hold the mic- because his got 4 classics with only one getting 3 MIC rating from the source the rest all got 4 Mic's and above.

Rap Messiah 'for his Illmatic classic which get birth the advent of Hardcore Hip-Hop

and lots more. I'll keep you informed as I get more results from researches
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by YHUsTLER(m): 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2008
WELL NAS IS JUST GOOD.

I MUST SAY HE IS A LEGEND, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I MEAN GO LISTEN TO 1 MIC BY HIM
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by maplekings: 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2008
There is no rap legend like nas for me.
Nas is KING
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2008
Nasty Nas! No doubt is an icon in this game. Escobar no doubt is a force to reckon with in the hip-hop world. but unfortunately, i belong to a few of us that love commercial rap of which Nas is an anti-Christ of. In the book, The richest man in /babylon, the king wanted to know why the rich get richer. How come when millions is ditched out in awards and contracts, it revolves back to the rich. The answer he was given was to consult with the richest Babylonian of that time by the name Arkad. Is Nas the Arkad of rap in our time?? Food for thought i'll let you do the dishings.
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by alisigwe(m): 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2008
Bamsyle:

Dawg, are you somewhere in the woods?

You kept rating Nas based on character standards and I showed you that underneath all that "thug life", "f**k the world" and stuff, Pac was a real good brother. Then you start to claim that I'm attributing every quality you drop about Nas to Pac. What are you on?

Me dissing Nas? shocked You must be losing it. In your world, my saying Pac is ahead of Nas is synonymous with dissing. Hombre, I'm sure you don't like Nas as much as I do. I won't even let you into my Nas World. On a good day, I won't even be having this needless debate with you. Your rating of Nas comes nowhere close to mine.

Y'know'hat? Stop this bulls*it. How many times platinum has Pac's Don Killuminati: The 7-day Theory gone? Quit comparing Pac and Nas. Or Biggie and Nas. Nas doesn't even come close. Find sumn better to do. Maybe compare Barrack Obama and Sarah Palin (who's the better freestyler?). Not this bulls*it. Don't make me talk like I don't like/respect Nas. I do. But for you to place him above Biggie or Pac, especially using character parameters; that's drivel. B T W, when did a rapper's skill become measurable by his character?

Did you say a university is studying "One Mic"? I'm impressed cheesy. Recently, the renowned Harvard University sponsored an academic symposium on 2pac and his works. Speakers included an English Professor from State University of New York, a Professor of Communications from Northeastern University, a Professor of Music from Northeastern University and a Professor of Humanities and African American Studies from University of Pennsylvania (who also wrote a book on 2pac).

At the symposium, these professors all praised 2pac, employing words like "intellectual", "brilliant", and "insightful" to describe him and his works. Someone said his death has left a leadership void amongst hip-hop artists.

Not long after his death, a course was introduced at the University of California on 2pac's poetry and history.

If you need sources for all the above, ask me.

There are loads more but let me stop here else we won't stop till the sun goes down. I hope you now know what time it is because if your argument is all about legacy (be it academic, cultural, etc) or awards, 2pac got 'em in heaps. . .

Maybe you never heard of this rule but it goes sumn like this:

"When rooting for an artiste, be mindful that you do not place character over skill".

Repeat it to yourself 120 times.

Do sumn for me homie. Go check a dictionary. "Character" and "Skill" are 2 different words.
[/q
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by alisigwe(m): 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2008
lol
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by alisigwe(m): 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2008
Part of the reason for Illmatic's acclaim was the discerning treatment of its subject matter: gang rivalries, desolation, and the ravages of urban poverty. Nas, who was nineteen years old when the album was recorded, realistically depicts the darker side of urbanity, creating highly detailed first-person narratives that deconstruct the troubling lives of inner city teenagers. These narratives originate from Nas' own experiences in his hometown of Queensbridge, as the lyrics and the album cover both allude to the housing projects located in Long Island City section of Queens, New York.

Nas was a genius introvert who rose out of the rubble of Reaganomics to bless the mic with a forward brand of introspective, redemptive street poetry, [his] narration glorifies the emergent poetic self as the embodiment of an elevated creative state that is potentially attainable by most any ghetto child, [His] narrative voice swerves between personas that are cynical and optimistic, naïve and world-weary, enraged and serene, globally conscious and provincial, [He] was a most worthy candidate to craft a palatable and subversive message for the rotten apple's disenfranchised youth. He was young and observant enough to isolate and analyze the positively formative moments of a project childhood while unflinchingly documenting the tragedies. Throughout lllmatic, listeners are implored to embrace their hardened upbringing as an imperative to move on to bigger and better things, both in the intellectual and material sense.

The intro, "Genesis", starts with an audio sample of the "Subway Theme" from the 1982 movie Wild Style, the first major hip hop motion picture. Nas made another ode to Wild Style, while shooting the music video for his single, "It Ain't Hard To Tell", on the same stage as the finale scene for the film. Nas' debut, "Live at the Barbeque" is played in the background of "Genesis". On "One Love", Nas writes a series of letters to a friend in prison, recounting several mutual acquaintances and the events that have occurred since the receiver's imprisonment. And in "N.Y. State of Mind", Nas recounts his participation in gang violence, and philosophizes that "Life is parallel to Hell, but I must maintain". The song focuses on a mind state that one can only truly have if they are raised in New York City. In other songs, Nas celebrates life's pleasures and achievements, acknowledging violence as a feature of his socio-economic conditions rather than the focus of his life.

The New York Times noted that Nas "imbues his chronicle with humanity and humor, not just hardness ,  [He] reports violence without celebrating it, dwelling on the way life triumphs over grim circumstances rather than the other way around.And Time magazine praised the "submerged emotion" on Illmatic, calling the album a "wake-up call to [Nas]'s listeners.

mess character mofo,skillz counts more than whatever, pac ur minigod,admitted after bigie's death that he was pushed after him,and thats the point where he was slayed,ma hero don't have to  elaborate cowardily to be accepted,he stresses out how it occured and the need to get the shit off the hood.word
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Bamsyle(m): 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2008
Igwe, clean up this excerpts you copied from a website and post your own comments, then I'll reply you grin tongue

Going through your above post, this is the only part I suspect to be yours:

mess character mofo,skillz counts more than whatever, pac ur minigod,admitted after bigie's death that he was pushed after him,and thats the point where he was slayed,ma hero don't have to elaborate cowardily to be accepted,he stresses out how it occured and the need to get the shit off the hood.word

And my reply is - who died first; Pac or Biggie?

Wait. Don't give me no Conspiracy Theory on Pac's death here, I need a reasonable answer please. Also, don't refer to the track "God Bless The Dead". There are loads of theories surrounding that track, especially the intro where Pac said "Rest in peace to my mothaf***a Biggie Smalls". Word is - that track eulogises another Biggie Smallz, not the one you know so well.

Aside that, I got nothing else to say for now. *Ol' boy, I don dey tire for you sef* tongue grin
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by area(m): 12:05am On Jan 17, 2009
he said and i quote, "tell me a rapper i dint influence" He has respect for the game, He has he lirics str8 4rm hell dis guy is the illest rapper living.
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by area(m): 12:22am On Jan 17, 2009
some rappers are good and some are better nas is a rap god and biggie a rap angel, then u can call pac the god of

war may b dmx and game in his army but it all falls back too ZUES (NAS) baba oooo, big is good but even u all know

lyrically no one stands next to NAS, please if u think i do not know what i am saying why is illmatic still one of the most

respected rap albums ever made (only NAS has 2 albums in this cat not BIG not PAC only NAS) and why are we not

talking about any other person, that alone should mean there is

truth in that nas na Baba oooo

ALL HAIL KING NAS OOOOOOO

even google said, The most dominant rapper out of ,
368 x 400 - 21k - jpg
www.lastfm.de

Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by area(m): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2009
SAURON, PLS DO NOT START THAT RUGGED SHIT HERE, HOW WOULD YOU DETERMINE A GOOD RAPPER, OFF COS YOU SHOULD KNOW NO BE BY MONEY WHICH MOST OF YOU HAVE MISTAKEN DIS DAYS, RAP DID NOT START OUT TO MAKE MONEY RAP WAS A WAY THE BLACK PPS COULD EASILY COMMUNICATE TO THE SOCIETY THE BASICS IN RAP IS NOT HOW MUCH IT BRINGS TO YOUR POCKET IT IS HOW RELEVANT WHAT YOU SAY IS, SO PLS WHEN SOME ONE MAKES MONEY OUT OF "COMMERCIAL SONGS" DO NOT MAKE HIM A GOOD RAPPER FOR HIS WELT, IF NA SAT ONE MASTER P, BABY, WILL BE ON THE CART FOR BEST RAPPERS angry angry angry
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
Nas is a legend, best of the rest.

I've gat this dudes albums from Illmatic to Untitled.

I even got Lost Tapes, QBs Finest
His video anthology DVD, On tour DVD name it.

I fell in love with Nas from the days of Illmatic, since then i've been hooked.

They will never be another Nasir Jones, never !!
Re: Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? by FowardEast(f): 12:14am On Aug 13, 2009
Actually jay-Z is the greatest. Illmatic on the other hand is one of best albums ever made.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Consistency Of Nigerian Hip-hop Revivalist, MI Abaga (a.k.a The Guy) / Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria Now? / Olamide Ft Reminisce & Timaya – "Bend It Over" (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.