Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:27 AM

President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note (2900 Views)

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Picture Of The New N100 Centenary Note / FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by aboy247: 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan will on Wednesday unveil the specially designed commemorative N100 banknote by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The CBN disclosed this in a statement on Monday in Abuja.

The bank said the commemorative note was part of its contribution to the centenary celebration and was in line with its mandate of issuing legal tender currencies for the country.

The statement read in part, “The choice of the N100 denomination is to mark the centenary celebration of Nigeria and is consistent with best global practices for central banks around the world during the celebration of national events.

“Part of the features of the commemorative banknote is the inscription of the theme of the centenary celebration: ‘One Nigeria, Great Promise’ as a micro-text.

“While retaining the portrait of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo on the front, the new note features Nigerian traditional dancers at the back. The commemorative note comes in different dominant colours.”

The new note, according to the statement, is also designed to incorporate additional security features for digital communication, protection against counterfeiting, tolerance to the tropics and ease of recognition of genuineness.

The bank stated that the commemorative note was for the purpose of the centenary celebration and would circulate alongside the existing N100 note.

It will be recalled that the bank issued a commemorative N50 polymer note to mark Nigeria’s 50th independence anniversary in 2010.

The N100 note bearing the portrait of Awolowo was first issued in December 1999.
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1047-president-jonathan-to-unveil-new-n100-bank-note
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by teemanbastos(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
aw dis 1 take help me subscribe?
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by jojomario(m): 1:34am On Nov 05, 2014
teemanbastos:
aw dis 1 take help me subscribe?
Download the money

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by ojaydedon(m): 4:28am On Nov 05, 2014
picturesss.....

Or

grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by armadeo(m): 5:12am On Nov 05, 2014
I opened this thread to see pics of the money. Or is fnn on ground here?
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by sirfelixduke: 5:49am On Nov 05, 2014
I hv just 2 questions to ask my fellow NL(s)
How does it affect n improve the life of Nigerians?
How does it improve the country's economy? Commemoration this, commemoration that everyday has not brought anytin gud to us. Abeg make I sleep joor
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by Aikon: 6:04am On Nov 05, 2014
Money pirates waiting patiently for the notes
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by Mustay(m): 6:29am On Nov 05, 2014
sirfelixduke:
I hv just 2 questions to ask my fellow NL(s)
How does it affect n improve the life of Nigerians?
How does it improve the country's economy? Commemoration this, commemoration that everyday has not brought anytin gud to us. Abeg make I sleep joor
Lol, it affects our spending power - we go hustle for fresh notes.

Seriously, I think this should have come earlier than this. With just a month to go in 2014, it seems kinda late. Seems the SLS -ish contributed to the delay. Who knows, we would have had a #5,000 commemorative note instead cheesy

Nigeria - good people, great nation.

‘One Nigeria, Great Promise’

So much for slogans!
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2014
okay. Pass me a roll.
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2014
In wizkids voice "show me the money"
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by major466(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2014
We are waiting. smiley
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by Drfash(f): 9:04am On Nov 05, 2014
thank God garri will now be cheap in market . . . . . .smh
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by cupidora(f): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2014
Is this a priority at this point in time undecided
Re: President Jonathan Unveil New N100 Bank Note by aboy247: 7:25am On Nov 06, 2014
Mustay:

Lol, it affects our spending power - we go hustle for fresh notes.

Seriously, I think this should have come earlier than this. With just a month to go in 2014, it seems kinda late. Seems the SLS -ish contributed to the delay. Who knows, we would have had a #5,000 commemorative note instead cheesy

Nigeria - good people, great nation.

‘One Nigeria, Great Promise’

So much for slogans!

(1) (Reply)

..... / Nobody Should Blame APC When you realise this / Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.