Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,054 members, 7,912,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:01 PM

Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? (2574 Views)

Sola Scriptura: Does Following The Bible Equal Following The Lord? / What Is Sola Scriptura? / Catholic's Problem With SOLA SCRIPTURA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? by italo: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
Vfactor is still refusing to say whether he agrees or disagrees with Paul that we should hold fast to oral traditions.
Re: Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
italo:

Why are the people in verse 14 going straight to their reward...and those in verse 15 being saved as through fire?

You completely ignored Rev 5:8.

You are saying that Saints can pray but they can't pray for others?

You think the Saints are as selfish as you pentecostals who believe prayer is only about collecting from God for only yourselves?

Since there is one mediator, why are you asking your pastors to mediate for you?

What is this kind of falacy called? Begging the question i think. Refusing to argue logically, but instead attacking the arguer or his circumstances. I'm neither a pentecostan, nor a protestant, n i don't have a pastor nor do i beg one to pray for me. And you seem to be missing the point. The point is praying to saints. This is the last i'll say on this matter. Cos u've nt been able to prove anythin yourself, not to talk of me.
Re: Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? by italo: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
vfactor:

What is this kind of falacy called? Begging the question i think. Refusing to argue logically, but instead attacking the arguer or his circumstances. I'm neither a pentecostan, nor a protestant, n i don't have a pastor nor do i beg one to pray for me. And you seem to be missing the point. The point is praying to saints. This is the last i'll say on this matter. Cos u've nt been able to prove anythin yourself, not to talk of me.

You are just trying to clutch at straws...that's why you are afraid to say if you agree or disagree with St. Paul that we should hold fast to oral traditions.

You know your answer will expose "sola scriptura" as a heresy.
Re: Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? by PastorAIO: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
vfactor:

Well, I believe we can all agree that dead saints can pray sha. Good!

italo:

All your points have tumbled. What again will you jump to?
Celibacy (mandatory and voluntary) is scriptural!

Forget Celibacy. We have jumped to Saintly intercessions. You have to keep up. This kind of somersaulting is not for the faint hearted.
Re: Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? by italo: 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
PastorAIO:

Well, I believe we can all agree that dead saints can pray sha. Good!
So Saints can pray to God and they can carry our prayers to God (Rev 5:cool but they cannot pray for us (according to vfactor). Imagine such level of reasoning.
PastorAIO:

Forget Celibacy. We have jumped to Saintly intercessions. You have to keep up. This kind of somersaulting is not for the faint hearted.

Lol.
Re: Is 'sola Scriptura' Biblical? by Syncan(m): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
PastorAIO:

My belle oooo. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Nazi Crusade / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? / Felixomor,scarlet Or Purple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.