Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,400 members, 7,908,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:45 PM

Top Nigerian Makeup Artists - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (137846 Views)

MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) / Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by SeeWhy(f): 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2008
I know this guy called Bayo Haastrup, he does make up and he's very good too. Can't really remember what his outfit is called.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by kendra47: 2:19am On Apr 02, 2008
Who's on facebook?U can check out eni balogun of lise beauty range.Her work is very original To me sha .Theres only a top 3 category OF three in Nigeria which is her eni balogun ,Tara durotoye,unveil and Ewar.Banke's is just a celebrity makeup artist known for her excessive use of shadows.No offence intended.But we should encourage those with the talents and not suppress it. seriously let's put popularity aside not that I'm bluffing ,I've had the privilege of working with all of them and Lise is the best.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by ziggyton(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2008
Ladi Munis of La Dong is very good too. He's the organiser of the Nigeria Makeover Show.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 04, 2008
kendra47:

Who's on facebook?You can check out eni balogun of lise beauty range.Her work is very original To me sha .Theres only a top 3 category OF three in Nigeria which is her eni balogun ,Tara durotoye,unveil and[b] Ewar[/b].Banke's is just a celebrity makeup artist known for her excessive use of shadows.No offence intended.But we should encourage those with the talents and not suppress it. seriously let's put popularity aside not that I'm bluffing ,I've had the privilege of working with all of them and Lise is the best.

Yeah i was going to say Ewar, that girl is good and natural
Ewar
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by kendra47: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2008
Lise gives makeup artistry classes that are superb,she even gives out free makeup products worth up to 15k per student.I got 3 free brushes,2 lise eyeshadows,bare essentuals products(i found out they are expensive) and lise eyepencils.It was worth more then the 35k i paid for .And she also gets her students job placements too.Their located on

52 awolowo rd,ikoyi lagos. 014772780/08026401985 , two houses away from double 4 or opposite Onikan police station.

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by zarazara: 6:51am On Apr 09, 2008
I would say Banke Meshida too - she has done makeup for two of my friends and they looked stunning. I honestly didnt recognise them when I saw the wedding pics.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by ojuloge: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2008
Banke Meshisda is the best, Bayo Haastrup next, Unveil, Ewar, Tara, Imagine's, Tunmise.

#Tara's make up is rubbish, her only saving grace is her husband and money, u know in Nigeria, with money u can sell shit to people and they will find it delicious.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by ayeesha: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ ojuloge

are you the owner of ojuoge makeovers?
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Tweetie(f): 8:01pm On May 29, 2008
Please how much does it cost to have these makeover done for a wedding.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by darami(f): 1:17am On Jun 03, 2008
Tweetie:

Please how much does it cost to have these makeover done for a wedding.

Banke Meshida charges #70,000 for a wedding.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by kendra47: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2008
Lise makeup studio charges about 30k to 35k for bridal Makeovers(engmt /weddn) and they also do the makeup of brides mum /Chiefs brides maid for FREE!
You can checkout their website www.lisebeautyrange.com

this is the pic of the wedding pplanner mag cover done by ''lise''

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by demi2008(f): 9:50am On Jun 03, 2008
there are a thousand and one 1st class makeup artists that are not in d limelight i leave in uk and i've seen 1st class makeup and d only 1 i've seen in naija dat can compare to it is dat of a lady called AY cant rem d name of her beauty shop her num is 08034716244 she's a pro take it from me she trained in uk anyway so we cant expect less from her anyway lets shift attention from all these big names dat have nothing new 2 offer and her price is far less than banke's tara's etc
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by epstitch(f): 10:05am On Jun 14, 2008
Bayo Hasstrup (ijade egbin) is known for too much of every thing, powder to shadows, but i think he's good at what he does.There are so many people in the backgrounds that you only get to know if your ears are out. Its not "the more expensive, the better", there are more talented people that actuallY put the ART in make up ARTISTRY.
Hey! did you know?
Defining your eyebrows before applying eye make up, cheek color or lipstick makes a big difference in the overall balance you are trying to create.
I'm a makeup artist ready to tell you more, from how-to's, what products to go for, and give you in depth training on makeup.
want to know more? call 08037069906

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by epstitch(f): 10:13am On Jun 14, 2008
Banke Meshisda is the best, Bayo Haastrup next, Unveil, Ewar, Tara, Imagine's, Tunmise.

#Tara's make up is rubbish, her only saving grace is her husband and money, u know in Nigeria, with money u can sell shit to people and they will find it delicious.

I CONCOR!
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by kenismusic: 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
A Newly Launched Online Community Website for Models, Photographer, Makeup Artist, Stylist and Fashion Designer.

Visit : http://www.naijamodelspot.com

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Senatori: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2008
My lil cousin rocks! She's US - Based but can travel and is looking forward to NFS.
Modella, Bayo and Banke excellent too.

[img]http://[/img][/img]

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by Senatori: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2008
Tokini Bilaye-Benibo

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by lullaby(f): 1:59am On Jun 25, 2008
I guess it depends on what your style is, heavy or light. I prefer light makeup or at least not heavily painted one.

Unveil did my makeup for my wedding and judging by the compliments I got both in Naija and in the U.S, she did a great job, she was a bit arrogant if u ask me but I guess most of them are like that,
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by anonymous1: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2008
I understand everyone's point of view, I think as a bride you should use someone that has been used by a friend, make sure also that you research a lot, and view a lot of vendors and not have your mind set on 1 person. As for big names like Tara and Banke, they have been known for their pompous attitude, and believe me as a bride to be you don't need that sort of attitude. Banke for one is known for constantly disappointing brides at the last minute without an apologetic attitude, believe me, I will not recommend her to anyone. We really should encourage other make up artists who also are very talented but just not discovered.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by wanders(f): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2008
i quite agree with anonymous 1,likes of banke and tara can b very pompous.they,ve made names.we ave upcoming artistes out dere who re doing better,far better than tara or banke.my friend-'behold africa'.wont say anything,just check out her website and see for urself-www.beholdafrica.com

one love
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by angelyetty: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2008
Tara! I Will say she was good. She dosent know how to manage fame. Bayo Hatsrup is the in thing plus Modela is too much. I wish to have a make up done for me by Modela. i wont even mind if he became my agent. bayo is the bomb. We also have good make up artist who dont have a name. I mean almost better than this popular ones.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by ayobase(m): 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
hmmmmmm,
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by SHEYEAH: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2008
Has Anyone Seen Of Heard Of DIVINE LOOKS, THEY ARE OFF THE HOOK CHECK www.divine-looks.com, believe it, see for yourself. their pictures are Knockouts shocked
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by SHEYEAH: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
Has Anyone Seen Of Heard Of DIVINE LOOKS, SHE ARE OFF THE HOOK CHECK www.divine-looks.com, believe it, see for yourself. their pictures are Knockouts Shocked check Her on FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=74720&l=7f158&id=1421899842

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tj372000(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
fashalk,
house of tara int'l have 2 branches of d makeup school situated in Lagos.they are;
1. no.9a, oko awo street, v/i, lagos.
2. no.22a, omotayo ojo str, ikeja, lagos.

phone numbers; 01-4616654, 01,4611148,08022922921

website; www.houseoftara.com

e-mail address; info@houseoftara.com
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tj372000(m): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2008
hi kendra47.i am really sorry about how things turned out.pls forgive us.such things are bound 2 happen.it is our responsibility 2 make sure u get d very best of knowledge out of d system(of makeup).however, i wld like u 2 help us out wit some details in order 2 serve u and d community a lot better.ur name, e-mail address, phone number, date u resumed and vacated d makeup school amongst others i wld be communicating 2 u once i have ur e-mail add.pls help us grow 2 our maximum potential by starting wit giving us diz very compulsory infos.once again,on behalf of d company,house of tara, i'm deeply sorry.my name is michael and i work wit tara orekelewa.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tj372000(m): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2008
falshak, hi again.2 become a beauty rep(not distributor) u would have 2 register wit us.please send me your e-mail address in order that i may pass exlusive details on becoming a tara rep.i would also like 2 add this little popular saying that goes "seeing is believing"!wit all u've heard u would probably be double minds right now.we may all have flaws but that doesn't make us bad people.d greatest tool bout HOT is constant change 2wards effectiveness, 2wards max improvement, 2wards greatness(2wards serving d people better).
2 ma people, tara's not all bout makeup and stuff.no.she's a lot more dan that.her goal is "2 empower d youths".now that speaks vol(diz words speak 4 itself)it makes d differnece between tara and every other makeup artist that u know worldwide.
2 falshak, try us 2day and i tell u'll not regret it.
(meet d family).

Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tj372000(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2008
to kendra47, pls ma'm.we need doz details aasap.thanks so much.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tailo(f): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2008
can anyone help me? i've been trying to open house of tara website, its not opening. i need to know how much her training is and what it entails. thanks
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tj372000(m): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2008
hi tai_lo.can u pls send me ur e-mail address?my e-mail address is tj372000@yahoo.co.uk. or better still send an e-mail request 2 info@houseoftara.com. i wld be happy 2 help out.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tailo(f): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2008
thanks tj372000, i'll send you an email.
Re: Top Nigerian Makeup Artists by tj372000(m): 4:42am On Sep 05, 2008
u're warmly welcome tai lo.i've sent u all d details u need.hope it explains it all.luking 4ward 2 seeing u at d studio soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. / Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.