Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,767 members, 7,945,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:03 PM

Lagos: 15yr Old Girl Stabs 18 Yr Old Boy To Death Over Orange - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos: 15yr Old Girl Stabs 18 Yr Old Boy To Death Over Orange (1096 Views)

15yr Old Boy Dresses As A Girl, Sneaks Into Female Hostel To See Them Naked(PiC) / Tricycle Driver Kills 18-yr-old Friend Over Invitation To Join Cult Group / 20-year-old Girl Stabs Lover Boy To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: 15yr Old Girl Stabs 18 Yr Old Boy To Death Over Orange by DeepZone: 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2008
MURDER At last, police arrest run-away suspect
By MATTHEW DIKE
Thursday, November 20, 2008

The fleeing 15-year-old girl in Lagos, who allegedly stabbed 18 years old male student, Tomola Akanye, to death, has been arrested by police detectives from Apapa Division.

The oranges

Bose Omagbemi, was arrested in her relative’s house at Oworonsoki area of the state, where she went into hiding.

The suspect was said to have narrated to the police how she killed Akanye in Itun Agan, a village in Tincan Island area of Lagos. She claimed that problem started when the deceased bought N10 orange from her but refused to pay.

The suspect, a native of Ondo state, also disclosed how she made passionate appeal to the boy to pay for the orange without success, before she was provoked to the point of holding his shirt. She explained that it was when the boy wanted to hit her with his head that she stabbed him in the chest with the knife she was holding in her hand.

She said when she noticed he was dying, she fled from the village. “I didn’t know he would die. He bought N10 orange from me and refused to pay. I held his cloth and when he wanted to hit me with his head, I stabbed him with the knife. I will never fight again in my life,” Omagbemi said, sobbing.

Police had earlier arrested her mother, leading to the arrest of her fleeing daughter.

The deceased’s father, Arife Akanye, a police Sergeant was said to have died two years ago while his wife died four years ago.

Meanwhile, the body of the victim has been deposited in a public morgue for autopsy, while the case would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos, for further investigations.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/20/504.html
Re: Lagos: 15yr Old Girl Stabs 18 Yr Old Boy To Death Over Orange by DeepZone: 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2008
Poverty is a curse.
Re: Lagos: 15yr Old Girl Stabs 18 Yr Old Boy To Death Over Orange by showskill(m): 2:44am On Nov 23, 2008
And ignorance leads one to trouble
Re: Lagos: 15yr Old Girl Stabs 18 Yr Old Boy To Death Over Orange by saintneo(m): 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2008
actions and reactions

a lawyer can make a name from this; self-defense, but this will embolden more ppl.

come to ruminate on this, what kind of action will lead to a someone stabbin another, i still imagine why someone will want to intimidate a little girl

Jesus! I can't pronounce judgement,

Agboro life-style, poverty, ignorance are a hell of trouble

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Pilgrim Arrested With Fake $22,000 In Saudi Arabia / Osun Monarch Despoiled Youth Corper. / Girl Forced Into Prostitution Pays N150,000 Monthly Print

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.