Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

How To Love: 4 Ways To Do It Right - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Love: 4 Ways To Do It Right (846 Views)

Fixed / Her Incessant Talk Of Witches N Diabolism In Her Family Is Fading Ma Love 4 Her / Top 4 Ways To Collect Money From A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Love: 4 Ways To Do It Right by Oxygenmayo(m): 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
“If I bestow all my goods to the poor or I give my body to be burned, but I have no love, it profits nothing” – Apostle Paul

Everyone longs to be in love. Whether it’s the movie kind of love or that which you saw in other people’s relationship.

That moment when you have someone to express your feelings to, share your pains with, lean on, complement and would make you feel appreciated. The beauty of love cannot be quantified or estimated when it’s pure, divine and mutual.

Love requires a how and when to do it but I’ll explicitly show you how. Why does love hurts? Why is it blind? Or affects people’s life negatively? Is love really bad?

If you have ever asked this questions, I’ll show you how to do it right despite your bad experience. Trust me! Here are the things you need to know to do it right.

1. God is love
Whether you believe it or not, you cannot experience love without first knowing the origin of love. God loved mankind and He gave him His only begotten Son. And while we’re yet sinners, Christ loved us and gave His life for us.

No genuine love can originate outside God. The implication of this is that
who you love must love God, not in lip action but in deed; otherwise you’ll have more negative stories to tell about love.

Your knowledge of God will make you to understand the real nature of love. Any love that cheat, abuse or exploited you isn’t from God but lust.
God is kind, gentle, patient, tolerates, doesn’t envy, not proud or easily provoked. When you have an understanding of this, you’ll know how to love. In summary, you cannot manifest some or all of these natures if you don’t love God.

2. Love is in sacrifice
How do I mean? It cost God the life of His son to save the human race from destruction.

Who says love doesn’t cost a thing? That’s false! Love would cost you your time, energies, resources and efforts for the one you love. It cost Jesus His life to save mankind.

When you know that love is in sacrifice, you’ll seek how to improve the life of who you love without exploiting him/her. Only a selfish or greedy man will not want to give or sacrifice. However, it’s not love if it doesn’t cost you anything.

3. Love is in commitment
God made sure that man would be reconciled to Him despite his many failed attempts. Jesus too was committed to His disciples until they had His nature infused in them.

To love effectively, you must be committed to the well-being of your partner, in patience until you see him/her change. Note: you cannot change anyone, only God and their willingness can.

It take love to be committed to a person despite their shortcomings and imperfections. Without love, you’ll only be jumping from Peter to Paul.
The commitment aspect of love is in binding yourself emotionally to a person. Love is not ‘polygamous’ or ‘multiple date’ especially when you’re in a marriage relationship or one leading to marriage.

Until you’re ready to be committed, don’t go into a love relationship otherwise you’ll mess it up.

4. Get the right person
No matter how hard you put a key into the lock, if it’s not the right one, it will never open the door. Read that again!

Majority of problems most people have about love isn’t about the poor understanding of love but in loving the wrong person.
There’s no amount of sacrifice or commitment you can do to a relationship that would make it right if you’re loving the wrong person.

A wrong person is one who doesn’t share the same belief, values, principles or you two often disagree over major issues. Two can only work together when there’s agreement.

To get the right person, you must be the right person in character, personality, values and belief. However, you need God to get a suitable help meet. Involve God in your search and don’t allow pocket size, physical appearance, pressure or infatuation push you into marrying the wrong person.

You can never enjoy love if you marry the wrong person. Remember, who you love will determine your experience about love.

Reflect on these. Consider your love relationship: is any of the above points lacking in it? You cannot express love if you do not love God. God doesn’t cheat or abuse. That negative nature that most people manifest in their relationship is not God (love).

You cannot get the right person to love in marriage if you you lean on your understanding. Allow God to guide you not her beauty or his profession of love. Regardless of your commitment and sacrifice or your knowledge about the nature of God (love), if you love the wrong person, you’ll live with a bad memory for the rest of your life. Get God to get it right.

What else can be done to love right? Share your experience.

Read more articles on http://handlingrelationshipissues.com
Re: How To Love: 4 Ways To Do It Right by Taleeysun(f): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nyc one op
Re: How To Love: 4 Ways To Do It Right by fuckshit: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
3. Love is in commitment
God made sure that man would be reconciled to Him despite his many failed attempts. Jesus too was committed to His disciples until they had His nature infused in them.

To love effectively, you must be committed to the well-being of your partner, in patience until you see him/her change. Note: you cannot change anyone, only God and their willingness can.

It take love to be committed to a person despite their shortcomings and imperfections. Without love, you’ll only be jumping from Peter to Paul.
The commitment aspect of love is in binding yourself emotionally to a person. Love is not ‘polygamous’ or ‘multiple date’ especially when you’re in a marriage relationship or one leading to marriage.

just so much FÜCKING love this no.3;

Love does not cause you to FÜCKING lose your mind to the point that you become FÜCKING irresponsible in your decision making. Love requires effort, discipline & hard work.
Real love grows out of a choice. One should FÜCKING desire love from someone who chooses to love us unconditionally & not from someone who is just FÜCKING high on emotional drugs & claiming to love us.
The emotional need for love must be met if love is going to be FÜCKING healthy & it must be FÜCKING based on pure love.

Love FÜCKING works & it is a very powerful motivator. We were “all” born with a need for love, not just women. Man was created to love a woman & woman was created to love a man.

No relationship is successful without real, unconditional love & God must be the source of that love. grin grin
Re: How To Love: 4 Ways To Do It Right by or3gon: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
A good one OP, thanks for sharing

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Guys? / Please Who Should I Marry / Should I Confess To Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.