Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,951 members, 7,949,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

How To Enable Right Click In Sites That Prohibits It - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Enable Right Click In Sites That Prohibits It (1093 Views)

How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows / How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / Somebody Help Me Pls! I Dond Knw I Click In My Dell Laptop & Delete Sound Devive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable Right Click In Sites That Prohibits It by nawtybenny(m): 4:47am On Nov 21, 2008
Lots of web sites have disabled the right click function of the mouse button, it's really, really annoying. This is done so that you don't steal (via right-click->save picture) their photos or images or any other goodies. Unfortunately, it disables ALL right-click functionality: copy, paste, open in new window.

It's easy to change, assuming your using IE 6:
Click "Tools"->"Internet Options"
Click the "Security" tab
Click "Custom Level"
Scroll down to the "Scripting" section
Set "Active Scripting" to "disable"
Click "Ok" a couple of times.

You'll probably want to turn this back to "enable" when your done, 'cause generally the javascript enhances a website.
Re: How To Enable Right Click In Sites That Prohibits It by asiriguy(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2008
@poster
What about a popup widow, will the settings apply to it?

(1) (Reply)

JUST TALK AND LET YOUR COMPUTER TYPE FOR YOU / Where Can I Get A London Used HP Laptop / What Do I Look Out For When Buying A Computer For A Field Engineer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.