Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,712 members, 7,882,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:58 AM

Technology A Death To Real Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Technology A Death To Real Romance (773 Views)

Real Romance(photos) Included / 5 Things Real Romance Is Made Of!!! / Canadian/nigerian- Is It Real Romance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technology A Death To Real Romance by lipuka(m): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2008
These new-fangled gizmos have destroyed the art of seduction. There was a time seducing a girl was fun and tact. You had to be a fantastic poet, and singer. You had to be an orator. You had to be a good letter writer too.

What do we have now? Dating websites and sms's! And e mails.

And the ladies, just to prove their love, would embroider a handkerchief, complete with initial I.H.OL.L.A.N.D meaning I hope Our Love Leave And Never Dies! Can the girls do this today? They can't even cook.

It's a tragedy to romance.
Re: Technology A Death To Real Romance by Pennywise(m): 9:17am On Nov 21, 2008
That is one way to look at it. But I would say technology has done much more for romance than most can imagine.

1. Technology guarrantees privacy of communication.No romance can hope to thrive in the absence of privacy. Illustration:At 16, there was a girl I had a crush on.It was soo deep I could have ended up marrying her. I wrote a letter to her asking her out. The dutiful courier didnt see her but gave the letter to her mother. The illiterate mother not caring what was written came to my home to give me a very public disgrace. A Prospective/productive romance was dead b/4 it had time to start.

2.Thank God for sms and allied tech modes. You can express your love a thousand times a day in a million different ways.

3. Technology offers a far wider range of choices and opportunities for romance. Internet dating, romance and marriages across continents is no longer news.

Infact you cant even begin to imagine. Technology directly or indirectly will help to initiate, facilitate, enhance and even help you to recover from romance when its gone sour.
Re: Technology A Death To Real Romance by Ben13: 10:15am On Nov 21, 2008
nna come see debate o! cheesy
Re: Technology A Death To Real Romance by Pennywise(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2008
Ben20001:

nna come see debate o! cheesy

It is not a debate. Yet.If its a debate, Lipuka will in his next post attempt to define "real romance", "technology" and death.Then we will have a debate grin grin

Meanwhile thank God for technology.The romance index among our peeps is at an all time high. I can hear all the players in the house yell-Oh yeah!!!!
Re: Technology A Death To Real Romance by izeek(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2008
am of the opinion that technology has hampered seduction is more ways tha assisting it.
before i proceed with my expedient speech,
let me say good ,

abeg make we forget story, either technology has taken over so move with d flow.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do To Keep Your Relationship Alive? / Inter Religious Courtship / Wrong To Ask A Guy On A Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.