Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation (789 Views)

Exposé On The Laws Of Reincarnation,karma And Return. / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire / Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by iamjane(f): 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
One compelling reason for a serious interest in reincarnation is that rightly understood, it holds the key to an understanding of the many apparent injustices and the misfortune that befall people.

In narrating his call to prophethood, Jeremiah stated:

"Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; and I appointed you a prophet to the nations'" (Jeremiah 1:4-5)

This is to that pre-existence is acknowledged by the Scripture and that human beings do not come into existence only at birth.

Similarly in John 1:6-
"There was a man sent from God, whose name was John"

In other words John was already living as a man in a spiritual part of life.

In the last book of the old testament, the following promise is made:

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes" (Malachi 4:5).

Of great relevance to reincarnation is a statement by Matthew in the account of this incident:

"And if you are willing to understand what I mean, he is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come. And if ever you were willing to listen, listen now! "

The underlying fact being that, Matthew believed that John the Baptist is the reincarnation of Elijah.

Who Do Men Say That I am?

And they told him, John, others say Elijah, others say one of the prophets (Mark 8:28)
The kind of answers the disciples gave indicate an underlying belief in reincarnation.

The Man Born Blind:

"Rabbi, who sinned, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:2).

This question clearly indicate that the disciples believed, or knew, that it was possible for a baby to be born blind as a result of the baby's sin.

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by wirelessssss(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Reincarnation was taken for granted then as in it was a normal usual phenomenon until it was expunged during the Second Council of Constantinople in 553AD
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by Ajibam: 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
All this verses you state here are pointing to prophecy and predestination...

Reincarnation is different from predestination.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by iamjane(f): 1:29am On Nov 10, 2014
Ajibam:
All this verses you state here are pointing to prophecy and predestination...

Reincarnation is different from predestination.
Predestination. There are questions I would have asked about predestination, but I know I would get the usual common answer: "God's ways are mysterious." But such an answer merely confirms our ignorance; it doesn't offer any help in our striving for the true recognition of God in His Love and Justice.

Reincarnation, being linked with predestination, clarifies the apparent injustices surrounding it (predestination)

2 Likes

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by iamjane(f): 1:31am On Nov 10, 2014
Reincarnation clarifies some Bible passages one of which is:

"Visiting the Iniquity of the Fathers upon the Children.. "-Exodus 20:5

Why would a just God punish children, grandchildren and great grandchildren for sins they did not commit but which were committed by their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers? One hopes that no Christian would seriously think that God is capable of such grotesque injustice.

God has never and will never punish a person for the for the sins of others :

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

"Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children" is thus seen, through the knowledge of reincarnation, to be in line with the concept of an absolute just God.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by Expressions(m): 1:43am On Nov 10, 2014
The 'innocent' baby is in reality not innocent

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by wirelessssss(m): 1:47am On Nov 10, 2014
Expressions:
That explains the mystery of child prodigies.

1 Like

Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by iamjane(f): 2:06am On Nov 10, 2014
Expressions:
Tabular rasa doesn't apply to the soul/spirit(the true man) of the baby.
Re: Bible Accounts That Suggest Reincarnation by iamjane(f): 2:08am On Nov 10, 2014
wirelessssss:
That explains the mystery of child prodigies.
So I came to understand

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Declares "God Is Changing, Hell Fire Is Not Real" / Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse / Rip John Paul Jackson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.