Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,587 members, 7,921,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:25 PM

I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate (1127 Views)

How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by cibilola(f): 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2008
hey people, please help me, undecided

been seeing a guy for a while now, getting quite serious i.e marriage in view cheesy cheesy
the problem i have is that he does not want to go to church!! i dont know why

he believes in God,he will quote the bible as well (doesnt know the precise chapters or verses though tongue)
he thinks pastors are trickstars and should not be trusted. he thinks they are too rich!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

should i turn blind eye to this "fault", pray harder or?

please let me know what you think.

thanks guys!!
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by HRhotness(f): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2008
if u love him u wont see this as a fault. . . afterall he does believe on God, he just doesnt believe in ur churches.

religion and relationship with God is a personal thing so u cant make him do anything. keep being urself, and doing what u do, dont pressure him and let him make his decisions himself
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by cibilola(f): 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2008
i am trying not to pressure him, just a gentle reminder every now and then. there are two pastors in the family that will think he is an unbeliever. plus he did say he is not born again cry cry that's a big deal in my family!! smiley
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by HRhotness(f): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2008
sounds like u r more concerned about pleasing ur family than for his salvation. . . i'm sorry to say but u've got it all twisted. if u r not careful, u'll loose him
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by plappville(f): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2008
I think u should marry him the way he is and keep praying for God to touch him, don't force him to repent, believing in God alone is a good thing for him, with ur prayer and time he will do better.
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by Gamine(f): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2008
@Poster

You are not serious, Since when did "church" become a "closer to God" tablet

Its your type of behavior that would chase some dudes away,

You may be the one that needs to be closer to God sef,

Han han, abeg leave the guy alone or leave him for me! cheesy
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by cibilola(f): 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2008
Gamine:

@Poster

You are not serious, Since when did "church" become a "closer to God" tablet

Its your type of behavior that would chase some dudes away,

You may be the one that needs to be closer to God sef,

Han han, abeg leave the guy alone or leave him for me! cheesy

@ gamine, u aint too serious urself grin i cant leave him for u either tongue tongue
@plappville, i will continue to pray for him, at least he says amen when i say a prayer!! surely, that must be a good thing isnt it?
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by Gamine(f): 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2008
LOL

Seriously girl, You need to chill.

Its not like he's an Atheist, he does everyother thing

but "church" and i dont blame him.
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by Image123(m): 11:50pm On Nov 21, 2008
If your fiance is not born again, and you are born again,marrying him will not be what will get him born again.Decision is all yours,who are you and who do you want to spend the rest of your life with? will 2 really walk together unless they be agreed?seek godly counsel,not just public poll/opinion
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by DavidDylan(m): 11:53pm On Nov 21, 2008
he's not born again . . . time to start praying hard and gently trying to make him see reason with you.
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by bawomolo(m): 3:13am On Nov 22, 2008
he is saving you 10% and you complaining cheesy
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by Gamine(f): 10:42am On Nov 22, 2008
lol ;d
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2008
SMH @ these 'born again' people.
u better accept the guy the way he is or buggar off.

u dont go into marriage hoping and praying to change someone. I don dey tire for these 'sisters and brother' in the Lord.
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by plappville(f): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2008
OMO IBO:

SMH @ these 'born again' people.
u better accept the guy the way he is or buggar off.

u don't go into marriage hoping and praying to change someone. I don dey tire for these 'sisters and brother' in the Lord.

You just wake up from sleep? grin grin grin wetin sister/brothers in the lord do u?
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by folkzy(f): 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2008
It will be nice for him to be a truly born again person, not because you want him to but because he wants to.
I agree with what Image123 and DavidDylan wrote and also If you can't change him now, what makes you think you will be able to change him when you get married?

I understand why some christians would not go to church but remember what the bible says in
Hebrews 10 vs 25 '25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Matt 18: 20 For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them.

And the church is not just a building its the people.
so if your boyfriend is a practising christian and he knows his bible, he shouldn't object to Church.

Continue to pray for him and one thing that can help you guys is to do bible study together via internet. You both read three-four verses every other day and you both reflect on it through your messenger. I'm sure from that, you will know if he is a christian or if he will born-again any moment soon. You can also encourage him to come to church with you  perhaps for 30min once a week to pray together about your relationship in ur church,  maybe gradually he will want to spend time in God's temple.
One question, your boyfriend doesn't like going to church and you like going to church. Isn't your wedding ceremony going to be in a church?
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2008
plappville:

You just wake up from sleep? grin grin grin wetin sister/brothers in the lord do u?
nothing do them. i just tire for their imaginations and actions.
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by thehomer: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2008
Maybe he's as close as he wants to be since he's decided on pastors and knows the bible as well as he wants to. Take him or leave him don't expect to change him. Your decision.
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by cibilola(f): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2008
funkilicious:

It will be nice for him to be a truly born again person, not because you want him to but because he wants to.
I agree with what Image123 and DavidDylan wrote and also If you can't change him now, what makes you think you will be able to change him when you get married?

I understand why some christians would not go to church but remember what the bible says in
Hebrews 10 vs 25 '25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Matt 18: 20 For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them.

And the church is not just a building its the people.
so if your boyfriend is a practising christian and he knows his bible, he shouldn't object to Church.

Continue to pray for him and one thing that can help you guys is to do bible study together via internet. You both read three-four verses every other day and you both reflect on it through your messenger. I'm sure from that, you will know if he is a christian or if he will born-again any moment soon. You can also encourage him to come to church with you perhaps for 30min once a week to pray together about your relationship in ur church, maybe gradually he will want to spend time in God's temple.
One question, your boyfriend doesn't like going to church and you like going to church. Isn't your wedding ceremony going to be in a church?

yeah the ceremony will be in church oh!!! but not mine b/cos the rules of my church will not accommodate him at all undecided
1. doesnt go to church
2. not born-again
3. not a church worker e.t.c (these are just the basic of rules the church has set us)
there are other rules like;
a. he doesnt spk in tongue
b. he doesnt pay tithe
c. he has not filled the membership form for our church embarassed embarassed

i've mentioned it to him, he said he is willing to try out a few churches before he chooses one cheesy cheesy hurrah!!
my only satisfaction is that his character puts some 'christian brothers' to shame, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by Gamine(f): 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2008
I feel ypur main concern should be that he isnt Born again.
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by prizeless(m): 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2008
These days sister, u don't manage, u go for what is real cos the unreal will fade. I leave u to make ur final decisions

Adieu
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by otokx(m): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2008
Even the real fades so better shine eye
Re: I Need To Bring B/f Closer To God! Any Ideas? Please I Am Desperate by cibilola(f): 11:14am On Nov 24, 2008
otokx:

Even the real fades so better shine eye

u guys are now talking in parables!! embarassed embarassed

he has promised to go to church next sunday,
anyone heard about Hillsong Churches[i][/i] undecided we are going to try it out

(1) (Reply)

A Pastor’s Business Empire - Newswatch Magazine Review Of Chris Oyakhilome / I Prophesy : Prophetic Declaration For You Today / How Would An Unregenerate Man Be Truly Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.