Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,811 members, 7,912,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:11 AM

Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error (1507 Views)

How Can I Solve 404 Error Problem In A Wordpress Site / The Best 404 Error Pages Of All Time / [funny]404 Error Page[/funny] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by Jayclinics(m): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
I have contacted my host and they said that i should get back to them with my local ip address that they will allow access to that ip alone so that i can go nd do some necessary changes before they can now allow global access. I gave them my ip address nd when they mailed me back telling me that they have allowed access to my ip. But on trying to log on to my blog the same problem still ensued, i reported back to them but they ve not replied, even there live chat is not going througj again. Have anybody experienced this before?

My host said that they disabled my blog for the meantime because they have noticed something like bulk email to ppl being sent from my blog. The sample abi evidence they showed me was a type a message my mail poet plugin do send to my suscribers everytime i update my blog. I dont know why they should mark my email newsletter as spam mail?

Pls can somebody with experience tell me what to do, i am just confused nd not getting this whole thing funny at all. Like i am so into my blog that being unable to post articles on it makes me sick. I need help thank you.

Cliniconomy.com
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by WebHostingPal: 12:10am On Nov 07, 2014
Jayclinics:
I have contacted...

It's most likely that the htaccess used on your website is an older version. You will findout that altering the htaccess to a more appropriate version will resolve this issue. One would have thought that a "Foreign Web Host" like yours would have corrected this issue for you.

As far as bulk email is concerned, go and read their terms http://www.arvixe.com/tos.php "SPAM and Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE)" section.

For better understanding read these #Mailing List Limitation and #Mailing List Policy sections from http://hostnigeria.com.ng/terms-of-service.html Most web hosting companies have similar policy when it comes to sending bulk emails. So your web host reserves the right to block or ban an offending website.

Hope this helps.
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by Jayclinics(m): 7:38am On Nov 07, 2014
WebHostingPal:

It's most likely that the htaccess used on your website is an older version. You will findout that altering the htaccess to a more appropriate version will resolve this issue. One would have thought that a "Foreign Web Host" like yours would have corrected this issue for you.

As far as bulk email is concerned, go and read their terms http://www.arvixe.com/tos.php "SPAM and Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE)" section.

For better understanding read these #Mailing List Limitation and #Mailing List Policy sections from http://hostnigeria.com.ng/terms-of-service.html Most web hosting companies have similar policy when it comes to sending bulk emails. So your web host reserves the right to block or ban an offending website.

Hope this helps.

Jezz! 500 email addresses in 1 hour, my blog suscribers must have exceeded that amount. What do u advice me to do nw bro? Bcoz the dudes are still demanding for my ip address, which is not stable.
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by WebHostingPal: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jayclinics:

Jezz! 500 email addresses in 1 hour, my blog suscribers must have exceeded that amount. What do u advice me to do nw bro? Bcoz the dudes are still demanding for my ip address, which is not stable.

Your web host shouldn't be asking you for your IP address, you should be able to do what they need your ip for yourself using htaccess. Atleast they could have instructed you on how to go about it. Also they could have easily blocked the offending site instead of yours. But again every web host have their own policy.

Visit this website http://www.whatismyip.com/ it will show you your ip address. Your IP will be something like "1.522.787.96" without the quote. Carefully copy the ip address and send to your web host.

Or you can do it yourself by using htaccess like this;

Step 1 - Create an htaccess file or if you already have one, add the code below to it, making sure that you enter your ip address correctly and save.

<Limit GET POST>
order allow,deny
allow from 1.522.787.96 # change these numbers to that of you ip address.
deny from all
</Limit>

Step 2 - Now contact your web host and tell them that you have limited access to your ip only. And wait for their response.

Hope this helps.
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by bedfordng(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
just let them know that you are making use of shared ip if you are using fastlink modem.most of our mobile network gives us share ip and it fluctuates.
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by internetpo(m): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
Jayclinics:

Resolved your problems yet? Guess you should thank Webhostingpal for the info he gave? Did it help?
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by Jayclinics(m): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
internetpo:

Resolved your problems yet? Guess you should thank Webhostingpal for the info he gave? Did it help?
yea bro, the problem was actually the email stuff, the thanks goes out to everybody especially webhostinpal, i just had to disable all my newsletter mailing plugings for nw. I just realized that i have even exceeded the 500 email suscribers i am now pursuing 10k suscribers. Hmmm, how do i now send out my newsletter to this dudes?
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by fleps(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
Jayclinics:

yea bro, the problem was actually the email stuff, the thanks goes out to everybody especially webhostinpal, i just had to disable all my newsletter mailing plugings for nw. I just realized that i have even exceeded the 500 email suscribers i am now pursuing 10k suscribers. Hmmm, how do i now send out my newsletter to this dudes?

Your website is not up. Still giving 403 issues.
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by WebHostingPal: 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
Jayclinics:
how do i now send out my newsletter to this dudes?

It's pretty simple, if you properly read the HostNigeria terms I posted before, you should know what to do by now. If not, you need to read the "Mailing List Policy" section, it explains what you need to do. Start reading from the following line;

"When sending a message, no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it, we recommend you throttle it to the very least, sending 1 email per 8 seconds. (Sending mail 1 every 8 seconds would send 450 emails within an hour, keeping you below the 500 outgoing email limit.)"
~ Quote https://www.hostnigeria.com.ng

If you don't understand what email throttling means then google it.

Also try to read your web host policy regarding sending bulk mails, I'm only using hostnigeria because it's been designed to be self explanatory. and like I said before, most web hosting companies have the same policy, especially when it comes to bulk emails.

And if you can manage to follow my tip through, you will realise that you can send as many email messages to unlimited number of subscribers.

And make sure that the newsletter software that you are using is one that allows you to throttle mails, other wise you will mostly likely continue receiving same reception even though you change your web hosting company.

Hope this helps.
Re: Help! My Blog Is Showing A 404 Error by Jayclinics(m): 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
fleps:

Your website is not up. Still giving 403 issues.
Jezz, why me again? i just came back from sch today nd logged on to the blog to see that.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Huge Traffic On My Blog For Free / Looking For A Trusted Person To Sell Bitcoin Cash Worth $40 / I Need My Yahoomail Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.