Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:40 AM

I Need Help on Wiring of DSTV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Need Help on Wiring of DSTV (848 Views)

Reps Bill To Break Monopoly Of DSTV Passes Through 2nd Reading / Almost 5 Minutes Of DSTV Booting Is Tiring And Annoying! / Stripping Of Exclusivity Rights Of DSTV By The Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help on Wiring of DSTV by twinskenny(m): 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2008
Dear All I NEED YOUR HELP.,

I want to install IPTV for an estate, and I will like to install the dstv decoder, but the question is this, how many decoder will I need? and also can one DECODER serve the whole Estate? about 170 rooms? remember is an IPTV. the owner of the Estate dont want each to have DSTV dish litter the whole compound of the ESTATE. so he want a central control room. please anyone with any Idea on how to do this will be highly appreciated.

THANKS
Re: I Need Help on Wiring of DSTV by twinstaiye(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2008
Simply put, it is not possible.  There is no way a whole estate will use only one dish.   The best he can do if the estate is still in progress is to prepare a space either at the rooftop of each house or where ever he chooses that can hide the dish visibility from ground so much that it wont disturb the signal.
As long as it is not an hotel where you can chose from about 6 channels, I dont think it is possible. Which type of estate is that, does it mean they all have the same taste of viewing?
The only way it is possible is if he decided to be paying for the subscriptions himself and thereby the tenants are left with no choices since they are not paying. Even at that, some tenants will still frown at that kind of arrangement. I have thot and thot about it, just like i said, i dont see it practicable.
Re: I Need Help on Wiring of DSTV by geolabious(m): 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2008
[size=13pt]Just move ur topic to the computer section[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Strong Decorder For Hitv / Next Movie Star(nms) What Do U Know About It. Forms & Audition Info Drop It Here / List Of Winners At The 2013 Nollywood Movie Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.