Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,136 members, 7,907,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:17 AM

APC Replies Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Replies Presidency (1348 Views)

Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ / Choice Of Amaechi As VP Is None Of Your Business - APC Replies PDP / Amaechi Replies Presidency, You Cannot Threaten Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
Chamberlain resigned as British PM during World War II – APC replies Presidency http://tdy.pw/1sf7TfI"
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has reacted to the claims made by the Presidency that President Goodluck Jonathan can’t resign when a war is ongoing.

It would be recalled that the APC and its National leader, Bola Tinubu, had during the week called on Jonathan to retire following the inability of his government to put an end to the Boko Haram insurgency.

The Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to President Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, on Thursday responded by saying there’s no where in the world a President resigns during an ongoing war.

The APC however on Friday responded by saying “Neville Chamberlain resigned as British Prime Minister on May 10, 1940, after Adolf Hitler forced the allies to retreat from Norway.”

The APC’s reaction was contained in a statement by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

It reads: The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said the presidency needs a refresher course in history if it is not aware that a leader has had cause to resign in the course of a war being fought by his country in order to change the course of the war.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Friday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party reminded the presidency that Neville Chamberlain resigned as British Prime Minister on May 10th 1940 after Adolf Hitler forced the allies to retreat from Norway.

”According to available information, Chamberlain led Britain through the first eight months of World War II but had to resign after the Allies were forced to retreat from Norway, because of his belief that a government supported by all parties was essential for the unity needed to defeat Adolf Hitler. The resignation paved the way for Winston Churchill who later became the hero of the War,” it said.

APC therefore said the call by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on President Goodluck Jonathan to resign in view of the widespread insecurity in the land and the fact that some parts of Nigeria are now under occupation by terrorists is neither extraordinary nor unprecedented.

”The call by one of our leaders is about taking responsibility. President Jonathan is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If under his watch Nigerian territories are being annexed progressively by insurgents, and all that he has demonstrated so far is sheer cluelessness and incompetence, it is time for him to take responsibility and quit in the national interest, to pave the way for a leader who can lead the country to victory,” the party said.

It said all the blame game and name calling by the presidency, targeted at the opposition, constitute a mere distraction.

”The presidency is right to say that when terrorists attacked the US in September 2001, the leaders of the Democratic Party did not demand a resignation of President George Bush but rather they rose in defence of the American nation to support the various measures taken by the President to defeat the Al-Qaeda terrorists.

”What the presidency forgot to say, however, is that Americans would not have rallied behind then President Bush if he had been photographed snuggling with any sponsor of Al-Qaeda as President Jonathan did with one of the alleged sponsors of Boko Haram in Chad. Americans would not have rallied behind Bush if 9-11 had occurred not just once but twice or thrice, because it would have shown that the President is simply incompetent to lead.

”President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram moved from Sambisa Forest to take over a large chunk of territory in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states and proclaim a Caliphate. President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram abducted and took away almost 300 girls, holding most of them for over 200 days….still counting. His Administration is even mocking and harassing those who are campaigning for the release of the girls. No people in the world will give such a leader unconditional support.
”Therefore, even if no leader in history has ever resigned during war (even though we have now proved that is not correct), nothing prevents President Jonathan from becoming the first leader to do so. After all, never in the history of any nation has incompetence and cluelessness been exhibited by any leader, as President Jonathan has done, when the country is at war,” APC said.

5 Likes

Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
Quit call: Jonathan needs history refresher course, says APC /p4HYbo-3EL"

1 Like

Re: APC Replies Presidency by mrjangaweed: 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
apc are irrelevant so i don't see any thing in them

bunch of noice makers looking to force gej to resign but

he no go resign.

gej till 2019

death to buhari and apc

3 Likes

Re: APC Replies Presidency by mumumugu(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
1940!? Chai
Re: APC Replies Presidency by Odutodaiwa: 9:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
Walahi, Layi Moh'd get mouth baje baje. That guy can give PDP sleepless night.

After Buhari he is the 2nd nightmare to GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: APC Replies Presidency by Firefire(m): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
mumumugu:
1940!? Chai

That confirm the APC primitive nature & Adolf Hitler style of leadership.

APC is a failed entity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
NgeneUkwenu
Archi
barcanista
neenar
ngeneukwuenu
ayukadaboss
gbawe
obiagelli
ibnsultan
egift
koboko69
demdem
kel4soft
sirniyeh
laykorn
mynd44
Omenka
Donphilopus
Sweetlemon
size38
pendy97
PassingShot
Re: APC Replies Presidency by mperoakeem(m): 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
i dey cum
Re: APC Replies Presidency by Eggcelent(m): 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hmmm. Eleyi gidi gan. Nothing more would be said. Otherwise, I may be tagged a GEJite or GMBite. Though, plenty dey to say
Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
Firefire:

APC is a failed entity

1 Like

Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
APC wants to finish Jonathan. On a normal circumstance he should have resigned... But resign for who? Sambo? No way!!!

Let him continue till May 2015...

3 Likes

Re: APC Replies Presidency by anonimi: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
APC wants to finish Jonathan. On a normal circumstance he should have resigned... But resign for who? Sambo? No way!!!

Jonathan should not have bothered replying such BASELESS letters. Rather he should focus on continuing to deliver BETTER infrastructure, sustainable socio-economic development policies that distinguish him from other presidents/ military dictators as well as our very useless state governors.
Those will speak loud & clear against the empty PROPAGANDA of the Arewa People's Congress, APC.

There is no need to give them further publicity more than they can work up themselves with their LIES and DISTORTIONS!!!
Re: APC Replies Presidency by Demdem(m): 3:49am On Nov 08, 2014
APC is on point here.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 08, 2014
The call by one of our leaders is about taking responsibility. [size=18pt]President Jonathan is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If under his watch Nigerian territories are being annexed progressively by insurgents, and all that he has demonstrated so far is sheer cluelessness and incompetence[/size], it is time for him to take responsibility and quit in the national interest,

why do the saTANs overlook this part? i still just dont understand this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 4:00am On Nov 08, 2014
This is another failed attempt by them again!!!

GEJ till 2019
Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 08, 2014
daviddambo:

GEJ till 2019

we knows kids like you (11 - 16 years) when we see them.
Re: APC Replies Presidency by PassingShot(m): 4:06am On Nov 08, 2014
When the idioticc regime came out to brag that there was no precedence for a president to resign during a war, I said it was senseless to have used that line to justify lack of will and competence to fight internal insurgency. Now that they have shoved it in their face that there was actually one, what else would they come up with?

PDP is a bunch of incompetent people.
Re: APC Replies Presidency by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 08, 2014
Even though,Jonathan is a president who has failed us,if he resigns does it make him unelligible to contest in 2015?
Ayamlaykorn
TeamSendTANoidsBackToSchool
Re: APC Replies Presidency by omenka(m): 5:18am On Nov 08, 2014
I said it, this is an Cankerworms and saTANists asss whooping season and they doubted me!! Just look at the sheer embarrassment the ignoramuses have brought unto themselves!! grincheesy

Indeed, there are educated illiterate.grin

A simple google search before making that idiotic statement would have staved off this retort, but no, those lazy slobs are too busy eating crumbs and leftovers in Aso Rock. This is what I call "consolidation of cluelesness". grin
Re: APC Replies Presidency by joseph1832(m): 5:21am On Nov 08, 2014
mrjangaweed:
apc are irrelevant so i don't see any thing in them

bunch of noice makers looking to force gej to resign but

he no go resign.

gej till 2019

death to buhari and apc
May be by 2019 there will not be a country called Nigeria!.
Re: APC Replies Presidency by joseph1832(m): 5:24am On Nov 08, 2014
daviddambo:

GEJ till 2019
I fail to understand how you reason! Someone who is entrusted with the lives of its citizen fails to do so abundantly and you're here saying another failed attempt!.

The government of GEJ is an abysmal failure!!!.
Re: APC Replies Presidency by joseph1832(m): 5:27am On Nov 08, 2014
Firefire:

APC is a failed entity
Its such a pity you can't recognize failure even when its shitting in your mouth!.
Re: APC Replies Presidency by karlmax2: 6:55am On Nov 08, 2014
barcanista:

lia mohammed is as daft as you are we are still waiting 4 lai mohammed and his apc illitrates to tell us a president i repeat a president according to doyin okupe that resigned from office duiring war time

Prime minister. Is not the same as a president. Except for dafts like you and lia mohammed . This just prooved to me that u have nothing upstirs put fabricating lies to deceive your fellow dumb followers of a dumb party led by dumb people who dont know the diffrence between A PRESIDENTand a PRIME MINISTER.

Lia mohammed has just shown how DUMB HE and APCRIMINAL are

Chambalin was the prime minister of britain and never a time was he a PRESIDENT. Lia mohammed should tell nigerians which PRESIDENT resigned during war. Time . Since your one of their spokes man you can help him out
Re: APC Replies Presidency by benuejosh: 7:00am On Nov 08, 2014
i think i partially agree with them. anytime anyone mention those girls in sambisa forest my heart bleeds for them and also the daily attack being carried out by this sect on the defenseless citizens of my dear country. millitants were is existence before yar'adua yet he put an end to their activites, jonathan came to power nd brought bokoharam. maybe when her resigns, bokoharam will also resign from their activities.

(1) (Reply)

It's Time For REVOLUTION! / Ex-militants Hold Delta Deputy Governor Hostage / Presidential Declaration: My Take Away. By Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.