Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,553 members, 7,944,652 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:00 PM

There Is Nothing New In Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / There Is Nothing New In Nollywood (2194 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Nothing New In Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2006
I have been meeting with the top Nollywood Director in his new base in Port Harcourt where he was one of the resource persons at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Port Harcourt Scrptwriting Workshop that was dominated by young women. NTA Port Harcourt is in search of new talents in scriptwiting and acting. They also had auditions for their upcoming soap opera that I wanted to recommend a female member of Nairaland, but she has not proved that she is serious to date.

Chika said that there is nothing new in Nollywood. Only the same rehashed old stories from the Nollywood Recycle Bin. Garbage in, garbage out (GIGO). And he is now working on films to take Nollywood to the next level. I mentioned Jetta Amata's feature "Amazing Grace" on 35mm and also Faruk Lasaki's "Changing Faces" on 35mm.

Jetta Amata is the most ambitious of the Amatas family in Nollywood. And I am sure that the daring young director can make a difference in Nollywood. Chika Onu agreed.

Osinachi06-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Jetta Amata deserves our commendation.
I don't think the young man was ignorant of the guidelines. He must have gone there to make contacts for future benefits.

As I said earlier in another post, the Nigerian films are coming.
Jetta Amata is a hardworking young director who knows what he is doing.
I met him once. Then, he was still a gangling teenager with a tall ambition. He has dreams and dreams make the man and the man makes the world to spin around on the big screen. The big picture shows more. Let us make big pictures!

Jetta, I raise my two thumbs to you!
http://www.nollywood.net/vbee/archive/index.php/t-227.html

We concluded with a mutual resolution to break away from the stagnant pools of Nollywood.
Because as at present, there is nothing new in Nollywood.
Re: There Is Nothing New In Nollywood by needeeg(m): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2006
hmmmm, that's good man!!
Re: There Is Nothing New In Nollywood by Seun(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2006
What Nollywood really needs is a movie review service that will promote the "top ten" Nigerian films every week. This will make it easier for consumers to find the best movies in the market and encourage producers to do better.
Re: There Is Nothing New In Nollywood by Orikinla(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2006
Seun:

What Nollywood really needs is a movie review service that will promote the "top ten" Nigerian films every week. This will make it easier for consumers to find the best movies in the market and encourage producers to do better.

The Nollywood producer who was doing so on TV in the 90s has moved to Ghana and nobody has continued.

It won't be easy. Because to produce it will cost some money and most of the Nollywood marketers owe a lot. Chasing debtors and advertisers can be frustrating in Nigeria.
Re: There Is Nothing New In Nollywood by Seun(m): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2007
Nothing good is easy in life. If I succeed at something that is difficult, then I'll be rewarded financially. wink
Re: There Is Nothing New In Nollywood by Seun(m): 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2007
The only reason why I haven't done what I said above is that I find Nollywood movies hard to watch!

(1) (Reply)

Nas N Jay Z Squash's Beef / Watch Nollywood Movies And Nigerian Soap Operas Anywhere Online 24/7 / Spartacus I Vs Spartacus I I: Which Made More Sense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.