Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,101 members, 7,883,859 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

My First Interview Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My First Interview Experience (23481 Views)

My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm / My Job Interview Experience Today / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Interview Experience by plessure: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
NairaMode:
Interviews has just five keys to landing them. They are the keys that I use.

1) Be audible
2) Be confident
3) Let all your responses be completely logical and most times be in relation to the position you are applying for.
4) Be very practical
5) Be very very positive.

Quote me or send me an email if you have personal questions or advice.

Let me help with some insights into getting jobs and writing a resume using my own experience.
If you know me, you will agree that I always want to help.

A. Recruitment Practices in Nigeria: www.nairamode.com/2014/05/general-recruitment-practice-what-you.html?m=1

B. Getting a job, how easy: www.businessngr..com.es/2014/06/getting-job-in-nigeria-how-easy.html?m=1

C. Writing a resume: www.businessngr..com.es/2014/06/how-to-write-winning-resume.html?m=1

Read them and drop your comments and also let me get feedbacks.
What will u say if they ask u why do u want to change ur job?
Re: My First Interview Experience by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
plessure:
What will u say if they ask u why do u want to change ur job?

First of all try and study to a reasonable extent the reason behind that question.
Read the interviewers countenance and gesture.
Follow through all the questions prior that question and answer with some of the following:

1) The organization is one place you have always wanted to work as it is one of your vision in life to join their team and be a part of the success story both in learning and in contribution to the company's values, mission and vision.

2) You could also say you are looking for a more challenging opportunity where your experience or skills can be well utilized.

3) You could also mention that you are familiar with the culture of the organization and it expressly conform to what kind of person you are, your aspirations and career trajectory.

These responses are something you can work around to suit your own way of communication and they are by no means extensive.
I hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: My First Interview Experience by Nafizzey(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
Great thread Op, at least I have learnt one or two. I have a question, am graduate currently about to commence serving. some few months back I was opportuned to start an internship training at a company (Real Estate Firm)though I did not stay long there.

I was asked by one of their top staff that what can I do for them/ what do i have to offer them.? seriously I was left clueless as to say. Cos was my first time there

@Op or anyone, please I need, sound explanation regard this for future sake! Thank you
Re: My First Interview Experience by Ayoolajumoke(f): 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
NairaMode:

To correct number 3. I meant you could meet with professionals in your field.

To submit and application in person only means one thing. They do not want to go through the stress of a rigorous recruitment process so they want to judge on the spot your look, your dressing, your mannersim, your confidence, your resume and probably a couple of questions.

Make sure you look presentable, smile and have a well written resume.
Also try and research about the company and the role you are applying for.

Please sir, whwhat do you mean by 'resume' in your post?
Re: My First Interview Experience by Chigorkizz(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
hmm
Re: My First Interview Experience by SenatorJames(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
OpYzo:
Yes oh poster this is awesome, that was how I wrote "profficient in microsoft office suites" and yet I trained myself on using MS office. Praise God when I was asked how good I was I stated the fact that I trained myself, thats how the indian man told me to do sums, division etc. on excel, hummm and the last tyme I used excel was 2-3yrs ago, I jst manipulated thank God for some inbuilt features oh. Immediately I got home I changed my Computer skills to Basic microsoft knowledge before I will be asked to draw bar chart on Excel in future-lol.
Nothing stops you from becoming proficient when you got home, before your next interview.
Re: My First Interview Experience by SenatorJames(m): 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ayoolajumoke:

CV (Curriculum Vitae).

A short and brief information about your self. comprising your name, date of birth, academic qualification, working experience etc. usually in two pages (A4 paper), for a fresh graduate or less experience person.

Hope you gain something.
Re: My First Interview Experience by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ayoolajumoke:

It could mean "curriculum Vitae".

Please get back to me if you have further inquiries.
Re: My First Interview Experience by Jarus(m): 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
pharuk:
Your first formal interview and you are suddenly an expert?

makes me wonder what seasonal folks who do about 4 interviews a week has to say

I tire o
Re: My First Interview Experience by Jarus(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
How on earth will anyone go for bank interview in unironed cloth?
Re: My First Interview Experience by PDF: 11:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
Chinoble:

lol............like dis one(added to d list of my future interview question answers).
....waitin patiently for more.....

I piry you!
Re: My First Interview Experience by Olutola88(m): 12:59am On Nov 13, 2014
Chinoble:

lol............like dis one(added to d list of my future interview question answers).
....waitin patiently for more.....
You better don't try that! If you go jam interviewer wey dey para, you go still dey inside the office wen regret mail go enter your phone
Re: My First Interview Experience by Chinoble(f): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2014
Olutola88:
You better don't try that! If you go jam interviewer wey dey para, you go still dey inside the office wen regret mail go enter your phone
lol........na wa o
Re: My First Interview Experience by Chinoble(f): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2014
PDF:

I piry you!
No, i piry dem..........Dey dnt knw how important i am. If not.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo State Government Recruitment For Teaching Hospital / Stanbic IBTC Graduate Trainee Recruitment / LAPO Is Recruiting Personal Assistant To Director And Marketer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.