Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,860 members, 7,889,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff (987 Views)

Ali Modu-Sherrif Taking The Oath Of Office As PDP Chairman (Photos) / APC Accepts Ali Modu Sheriff Back Into The Party - Photo / Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by maimalari: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
In September, the Human and Environmental Development Agenda (HEDA), a non-governmental organization whose mandate is to promote and protect human rights, petitioned the ICC to act on Davis' revelations, asserting that the Nigerian government lacked the "political will" to intervene against high-profile suspects like Sheriff and Ihejirika.

"With your public admittance of Boko Haram's activities as qualifying for crimes against humanity, we shall not bother with further legal points to qualify these atrocities under the Rome Statute," HEDA chairman Olanrewaju Suraju said. "It is also instructive to assert that the Nigerian government, under the current leadership lacks the political will and judicial independence to prosecute the individuals who are friends and former subordinates of the President."

"We hereby urge the ICC to urgently open immediate examination of this development by inviting Rev. Stephen Davis to provide insight into his revelations, to assist the court in its investigation and possible prosecution of those connected with the crimes," the statement furthered.

In response to the petition, the Head of Information and evidence unit, Office of the Prosecutor of the ICC, M. P. Dillon, wrote to confirm that the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court had officially received, registered, and promised to review the submission.

According the letter, the office of the ICC prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, would treat the issues raised in the petition within its mandate. 

"This communication has been duly entered in the communications register of the office," the letter read. "We will give consideration to this communication, as appropriate, in accordance with the Provisions of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court."

The letter concluded with a promise by the Court to communicate its decision once determined

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/09/international-criminal-court-considering-action-against-modu-sheriff-and-ihejirika
Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by wiringdpt(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
Really!?!?
Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by Descartes: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin cheesy

Abokís are not smart at all grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by kettykin: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
This is the best news I have heard this year ICC and ICJ should get ready for floods of petitions from MASSOB, biafrans and igbos living in the north

2 Likes

Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by Ploy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Since they've been indicted, ICC should charge them and if found guilty:
Their BALLS should be removed, fried or roasted for them to eat.

They should be locked in a solitary confinement and the key thrown into pit latrine.

Their children should be sent to exile and ....

make I go come

1 Like

Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
I hope Boko boys will come and testify..... grin grin grin grin, Rev Davies bring your witnesses to court abeg ooo
Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by maslong(m): 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
angry angry angry angry angry
TOO MUCH WEED

1 Like

Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by jayonpoint(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
I supposed president Jonathan is included for aiding n abetting terrorism...1st to comment

1 Like

Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by lanxlot(m): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Descartes:
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin cheesy

Abokís are not smart at all grin cheesy
them say Wetin dem do?
Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by Descartes: 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
lanxlot:
you insult ihejirika by saying he is an aboki

undecided undecided undecided
Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by mrvitalis(m): 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
as much as i know both men have a case to answer .....but why are this ICC only trying Africans...we are independent simple.....
.pls charge ...bush...former iran president ....north korea leader ....beliscuni.of Italy.....they are many.........
we are independent...
.Nigerians vote buhari and we wont need ICC to put them in jail trust me

1 Like

Re: International Criminal Court To Prosecute Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sherriff by Psylas(m): 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
ICC my foot

(1) (Reply)

BOKO HARAM: My Observations And Recommendation / GMB Is The Right Man Like Him Or Hate Him. / Nigeria: How We Deployed ICT To Prevent Rigging In Osun Election - Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.