Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:14 PM

Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? (21978 Views)

Poll: Did God create any religion?

Yes: 26% (10 votes)
No: 63% (24 votes)
I don't know: 10% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Did God Create Dinosaurs? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by kolaoloye(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
Religion,if not properly handled can maim you. Handle with care.
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by bashydemy(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
I believe we practice what we met on ground and we believe in what we believe is right for us but i believe the Answer is beyond human imagination
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by kolaoloye(m): 8:55am On Feb 14, 2011
Religion !!!
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by bashydemy(m): 10:59am On Feb 14, 2011
yes
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by harakiri(m): 11:25am On Feb 14, 2011
The ppl who term Atheism as a religion need to look up the true meaning of the word instead of the new "way of life" mantra it's been recently coined. Religion is the faith and belief in supernatural entities while Atheism is total disbelief of such conceptions. What is so hard and complex about that for ppl 2 understand? I guess it all boils down to the "we must all serve something" mentality. Furthermore, there is nothing sacred about religion. Its all man made and 2 illustrate this fact, there is a recent one in town called "0" invented by Oprah Winfrey. In the next few decades there will be at least several hundreds of thousands of followers if not millions coz a lot of ppl worship Oprah as a god same way Christ Embassy members worship Chris Oyaks without knowing it. When Oprah dies, she'll be immortalized as a god and in few centuries, future generations will worship her as a divine being. This is a small example of how religion develops and spreads. This food 4 thought 4 the few ppl who think outside the box and aren't swayed by mediocrity.
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by harakiri(m): 11:30am On Feb 14, 2011
@Informizer. . . Nice post. Only if the religious can clear their minds to assimilate what you posted
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2011
@ harakiri >>> SMH >>> read this
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by harakiri(m): 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2011
@Uyi Iredia. . . If u have something 2 say,drop it here instead of typing out your regular misdirecting arrows that make your posts unreadable and boring!
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by bashydemy(m): 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
No mind uyi ooo
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by thehomer: 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2011
Of course He did. He created mine.
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by Sweetnecta: 12:34am On Feb 15, 2011
^^^^^ dont run to the press so soon, Kola Oloye.

The Almighty has a purpose to which He created man and finally placed him on earth. That purpose is to worship Him, alone.

Since there is a purpose, the process to achieve it, is also provided in due process. That process constant, unchanging in its core. The way of worship is called RELIGION.

The religion that is pure from God and constant through the period of mankind, from Adam (AS) to the last man is Islam.

This is the religion of all prophets and their preaching and their calling people were into this religion alone.

I need to let you know that Jesus son of Mary made salah. If you can get the full essence of what he did in the Garden of Geshemane, that was the salah that was ordained in his time; standing, bowing and prostrating; Muslims do it, still.

Dont be so quick to dismiss the Religion ordained by God, while you conclude wrongly, though it is by reading the Bible that you were able to say what you have been saying about Jesus. From your Bible, didnt you see the word "christian" or christianity in there? What do you think they mean?

Now going back to Jesus, didnt Jesus clearly show you how to reach God, his Sender by making prayers in a prescribed manner at the Garden? What is a process without a name and it being ordained by God, if the religion is true? Moses had the same way, the way that Jesus said he dod not come to abolish.

I invite you and others to search out the truth; www.thedeenshow.com
www.dirkson linebooks.com
www.911bible.com
www.Islamcode.com
You can also Youtube Thedeenshow
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by kolaoloye(m): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^ dont run to the press so soon, Kola Oloye.

The Almighty has a purpose to which He created man and finally placed him on earth. That purpose is to worship Him, alone.

Since there is a purpose, the process to achieve it, is also provided in due process. That process constant, unchanging in its core. The way of worship is called RELIGION.

Correct.

The religion that is pure from God and constant through the period of mankind, from Adam (AS) to the last man is Islam.

I've never seen an ordained liar like you before.Where is your proof?
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by bashydemy(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2011
@Kola Oloye i believe internet is there for you to search through
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by unclejess: 9:54am On May 25, 2013
I think God set the standards. i.e. the beautiful dissertation of good vs. evil and the result of trying to act without Him as your guide.
It is also very clear that He demands certain rules be followed: The Ten Commandments, acceptance of His son as messiah, regularly communicating with Him so that you learn his voice when He speaks to your mind...
Some would say that I believe all must be Christian. But these days, what does that mean? So many sects, denominations and interpretations of His word; and the differences can 'spin your head around'.
I have no answers, just food for more questions.
I hope my initial post is in keeping with the traditions of this forum and I welcome all opinions. After all, I have the right to be right and anyone, even me, we all have the right to be wrong.
UncleJess smiley
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by unclejess: 9:58am On May 25, 2013
thehomer: Of course He did. He created mine.

This is the fundamental problem with 'religion'. Everyone wants to interpret the written word his/her own way.

comment: Ezekiel for example was not 'Jewish', implying a religion. He was a prophet of God, I think he was of the tribe of Judah, but no 'religion' as the theme question implies is stated or intended.

Oh well, its late, I'm old and my bed is calling sad

UncleJess
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by unclejess: 10:18am On May 25, 2013
kola oloye: The Almighty Creator is not a confusionist. In the world today we have about 170 religions and over 14000 denominations.
Each religion has its fanatics. Some people are using religion to kill, steal, manipulate and also to destroy other people sad
Which of these religions is created by God/ Allah/ Jehova? Or you think because He permitted them,they were all instituted by Him?
Why should we continue deceiving ourselves . Your response should be based on logical reasoning please.

What did He tell Moses his name was? Certainly not[i][/i] any of the names shown in this quote.
I don't buy the teaching that every religion worships the same god, they just call his name differently.
God of Israel, God of Hosts, The Most High God...according to his own words, He is the alpha, the omega, the ONE true God and there is none like him and there is no other.
sorry so opinionated but my stomach turns at this notion! cry
UncleJess
Re: Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? by caler: 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
What i knwo is that christianity is not a religion, but divinity @ work in humanity, religion teaches ways to get closer to God, but christianity teaches God in me or per say christ in me. That means you re not looking for ways to get close, but God
has made his abored in you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Bus Preacher Angry For Getting Little Offering From Passengers / Bishop Isaac Idahosa Distributes Food, Cash To Over 600 Nigerians / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.