Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? (878 Views)

Female Partner Of The GEJ Trekker Quits (see Pics) / JJ Okocha, Kanu & Peter Rufai Spotted During GEJ Declaration At The Eagle Square / The Difference Between Gej's Declaration Crowd And Buhari's Declaration Crowd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by Built2last: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2014
I came out this morning on my way to my office and met mad traffic. As in grid lock. It dawned on me that GEJ was declaring. I gave my neighbour a lift and he was reading the book of lamentation while we were at the hold up. He said why and how can one man put all our lives on hold this morning because he was declaring....My disposition to politics is hinged on interest and power. probably because of my political family background.

Everyone approach politics with closed hands of interest. Talk is very cheap, and people can cry foul when their interest is not represented.

I asked him a simple question. Oga, if your father for instance the minister for Agriculture and will be at the eagle square for presidents declaration, and with what Bokoharam is doing, will you mind how tight security becomes today?

He was open minded and honest, he said, wallahi, i wont care, Bokoharam is not smiling and i cant loose my father to them. He went ahead to say that if his father was PDP, he will certainly support PDP. Two memebers of one family can belong to seperate political parties but they do so on where it favours them most.

The truth is that if you have a father, mother brother a even a close ally whom you benefit from, you wont mind what is going on today as in the tight security and traffic. Man is a product of interest.

Lets look at it broadly, Igbos have thrown their weight behind GEJ because they see him as a close brother, and he has given them juicy ministerial appointments and positions. The Yorubas are angry with GEJ because they feel they have never been this far from the center in terms of top positions. The North is mad with GEJ also because, they feel the present tenure of GEJ is meant to be their Yaradua slot. and so to them, power MUST come back to the north. Everything is hinged on interest....

If you or your father is announced tommorow as the new minister for youths, If you are sincere, your disposition towards the current government will change. Interest is why people leave PDP to APC and vice versa. Often times, this interest is first predicated on self.

If you have this understanding of politics as hinged on interest, you will understand why people insult others on nairaland, people have given GEJ and Buhari insults they will never hear anybody give their father because of interest.

Haven said this, remember that Nigeria belongs to all of us, we have no other country...Lets maintain peace and not allow APC or PDP throw this country into Sudanic experience.

Long live Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 11, 2014
Op you are wrong.

I am a full beneficiary of this administration

But I would rather have a leader that can save the poor masses from unwanted deaths in cold blood that has been on since 2010.

2019 is a long wait... If we must be sincere ...we all know GeJ has failed in his number 1 duty...to safeguard our people, our land and our territories.

vote PdP out
Re: Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by Built2last: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
soe:
Op you are wrong.

I am a full beneficiary of this administration

But I would rather have a leader that can save the poor masses from unwanted deaths in cold blood that has been on since 2010.

2019 is a long wait... If we must be sincere ...we all know GeJ has failed in his number 1 duty...to safeguard our people, our land and our territories.

vote PdP out

Objectivity is key bro, please be objective, Bokoharam started as far back as 2001...While our elite embarked on tea party...the monster grew.
OBJ, Yaradua and now GEJ have all faced Bokoharam.

Bokoharam has taken a political dimension and has left the control of mr president...this is democracy and not military regime....everything is resolved on the table of dialogue and diplomacy.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Built2last:

Objectivity is key bro, please be objective, Bokoharam started as far back as 2001...While our elite embarked on tea party...the monster grew.
OBJ, Yaradua and now GEJ have all faced Bokoharam.

Bokoharam has taken a political dimension and has left the control of mr president...this is democracy and not military regime....everything is resolved on the table of dialogue and diplomacy.

Okay lets go by your argument

BokoHaram started far back as 1983 but Buhari trashed them.

Militancy...Yaradua trashed them

OBJ...shariah calmed them

What about GeJ...my guy...GeJ na clueless failure...anyhow you try to look at it
Re: Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by ikweremilitant: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
soe:

Okay lets go by your argument

BokoHaram started far back as 1983 but Buhari trashed them.

Militancy...Yaradua trashed them

OBJ...shariah calmed them

What about GeJ...my guy...GeJ na clueless failure...anyhow you try to look at it
biasness i worst than ebola
Re: Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
ikweremilitant:
biasness i worst than ebola
English pls grin cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by Bobbystanley(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
That is to tell u that Abuja stood still for our President till 2019!
Re: Share Your Experience This Morning On The GEJ Declaration Traffic? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Omo na waka I waka frm karshi reach A.Y.A angry

(1) (Reply)

Election 2015: Buhari Makes Use Of Facebook For Campaign Fund Raising / Troops, Boko Haram In Fierce Battle In Adamawa / Is This The Best Buhari Can Deck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.