Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,349 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 (1616 Views)

My Wedding Date Without My Consent. Is This A Healthy Sign? / Why Is Nigeria's Age Of Consent 16? / Sex Before The Age Of Consent: A Uk Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by onila(f): 11:50am On Nov 11, 2014
cool cool smiley smiley

I thought it was 16 all along

I am truly proud of our country

I just checked

Niger
Article 284 of the Niger legal code sets the age of consent at 13 years.

Nigeria
The age of consent is 18.

Uganda
The age of consent in Uganda is 18 years, for vaginal intercourse. "Heterosexual sodomy" (anal and/or MouthAction with an opposite-sex partner) and all same-sex sexual conduct is illegal and can lead to imprisonment.

Ghana
The age of consent is 16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by onila(f): 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
Libya
Not allowed outside of marriage.

Tunisia
The age of consent in Tunisia is 20. However, there appears to be a marital exception in the law that allows a minor over 15 to consent to sex with an adult if the minor is married to the adult

Côte d'Ivoire
The age of consent in Côte d'Ivoire is 18.

South Africa
The age of consent in South Africa is 16
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
Unrealistic and incompatible with cultural norms. My mother had her second child at 18.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by Okijajuju1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
kITATITA:
Unrealistic and incompatible with cultural norms. My mother had her second child at 18.

Grandma was seniored to her first child with 13 years. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by iceberylin(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
[size=20pt]şo undecided [/size]
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by tpia6: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
God will deliver you onila.
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by JiggamanGh: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
onila:
cool cool smiley smiley

I thought it was 16 all along

I am truly proud of our country

I just checked

Niger
Article 284 of the Niger legal code sets the age of consent at 13 years.

Nigeria
The age of consent is 18.

Uganda
The age of consent in Uganda is 18 years, for vaginal intercourse. "Heterosexual sodomy" (anal and/or MouthAction with an opposite-sex partner) and all same-sex sexual conduct is illegal and can lead to imprisonment.

Ghana
The age of consent is 16

There's a difference between having the law and enforcing the law. In Nigeria girls as young as 13 are being force to get married.
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by onila(f): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
JiggamanGh:

There's a difference between having the law and enforcing the law. In Nigeria girls as young as 13 are being force to get married.

doze are muslims in the north
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by JiggamanGh: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
onila:

doze are muslims in the north

Aren't they nigerians?
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by faithugo64(f): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
by the age of 18,most people must have had sex countlessly!!
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by onila(f): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Aren't they nigerians?
I am sure in Northern Ghana

they do it also
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by onila(f): 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
kITATITA:

that was in the 1960s dummy lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Age Of Consent Is Actually 18 by chimerase2: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
And the morale of the thread is? undecided

(1) (Reply)

So Many Guys Confessing Crazy Love For Buhari's Daughter On Twitter / Besides Sexual Gratification, Is There Any Need For A Girl Friend? / A Question For Team Foreign Girls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.