Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,759 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:09 AM

Changing Name On Passport But Also Applying For Settlement Visa For Uk. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing Name On Passport But Also Applying For Settlement Visa For Uk. (654 Views)

It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. / Uk Settlement Visa Info / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Changing Name On Passport But Also Applying For Settlement Visa For Uk. by ladyjlo: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
hi
i have just gone through a court marriage here in norway with my husband. i live in norway with a residence permit (nigerian passport) and he lives in scotland (british citizen). we are going to go live in scotland. we chose to have court marriage here due to avoid me having to travel nigeria and marry there then wait long time for the visa to be granted for uk. supposedly is quicker from likes of norway.
the marriage certificate here we still have our own surnames. we are not sure whether to apply and change the name here in norway before applying for settlement visa for uk or my understanding of it is i just best to apply for the visa with my surname as it is then in scotland change the surname to my husbands through the courts/registrar and live there using his name for my national insurance number ect.( can i actually do that if my visa is done with my surname? not sure?.... Then when i travel to nigeria in april 2015 i use my first surname, that will still be on my passport, i then go to abuja embassy and change my passport to my husbands name and return uk with that.....

i hope this makes sense and someone can correct me if I'm wrong on how it is. if you need ask for more info let me know. hope hear from someone soon thanks

(1) (Reply)

Abuja living / American Visa Appointment / Oshodi Boyz Now Givin Some Expatriates Oshogno Weed(lol)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.