Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,396 members, 7,950,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

Agric. Science And Its Inferiority Complex In Nigeria Society And Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agric. Science And Its Inferiority Complex In Nigeria Society And Institutions (429 Views)

2015 WAEC Specimen (biology, Chemistry, Physics & Agric Science) Released. / Pls I Need Past Exam Question Papers On Nigeria Society Of Engineers (nse) / Neco Agric Science Obj & Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agric. Science And Its Inferiority Complex In Nigeria Society And Institutions by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
I had a passion to become a nurse but since I didn't meet the cut-off mark for OAU nursing p.UTME I decided to forget about it since I couldn't risk writting jAMB twice. I went for FUTA's p.UTME and I passed, instead of me being given my MICROBIOLOGY I found my name under an Agric course I have nver heard before!
It was one of the saddest moment that year when my sister called my dad and told him about it, I felt like crying because I wasn't happy about the admission.
My mum isn't happy with it till tomorrow. The society isn't helping matters at all in the sense that people tend to look down on Agric students, I remember telling people about it and their reactions do nott worth it... "So u will go nd work at obasanjo farm", "do people study agric in uni?", "your employment dey God's hand", "engineer self never see work talkless of agric like u" are few of what people said and will still continue to say.
From my school's point of view I have noticed that over 70% of Agric students didn't choose it intentionally and so the passion isn't just there also the job aspect isn't visible. Students like us tag us LAZY in school, trying to read for a good result self na wahala cos they tend to tell you that there is nothing readable in agric compared to engineering which migght not be so in all cases.
This thread is particularly for my fellow Agricultural students, let's share our view of the major course we are studying and thee potentials in it, our future intentions towards the practical aspect and don't forget to share your sad and happy moment about being an Agricultural student.
Re: Agric. Science And Its Inferiority Complex In Nigeria Society And Institutions by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
i can imagine...

(1) (Reply)

Jamb 2015 Must Read All Student / Professional Article Writer Needed / 10 Great Writing Tips For Producing Articles (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.