Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,323 members, 7,947,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Need To Put A Full Stop To House Rent Headache - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Need To Put A Full Stop To House Rent Headache (568 Views)

How Much Is Your House Rent / Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. / What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need To Put A Full Stop To House Rent Headache by Rolax: 12:06am On Nov 13, 2014
Oga Spyder, Muyensky and other gurus in the house, I'm a public servant in his mid-20s working here in Owerri.
About 4 years ago being single, I had no problems managing my match-box sized self contained room even though it had no kitchen. Back then, my annual house rent was like my one month overtime pay. I never saved or bothered about the next rent due date.

I never knew landlord's palava until few years back when I started nursing the ambition to get 'squared'. Of course friends constantly reminded me that it would be uncalled for remaining in my 'cubicle' and at the same time trying to raise myself to the power of 2. I had to concur, and relocate to a miniflat which guzzeled 50% of my annual housing allowance after adding up agent, agreement and security fees. Hmmmmn..... I sensed wahala coming.

I pretended nothing happened. No shaking! I forged ahead. God blessed my hustle and I finally got married to my best friend on planet earth, lived for one more year in the miniflat. God blessed my marriage with a handsome baby boy. Of course...'mother-in-law no fit miss Omugwo'. We all had to manage our small apartment.
Early this year, I realized we were occupying much space, visitors coming, baby growing up, hoping and looking forward to seeing another baby, and I saw the need to upgrade to a 2 bedroom flat for convenience-sake. God helped us pack in to the much bigger apartment. Well, I had to pay for a fresh agent and agreement fee together with the annual rent taking over 80% of my annual housing allowance. Now e don dey clear say wahala dey!

But thank God, I was able to acquire a plot of land in the suburbs 2 years ago. Today the worth of the land is about 50% added to the worth when I bought it. I visited my land and realized people are now living there. I didn't recognize my land.lol

Already it's Embers month and as l was thinking of Mr Landlord and his inevitable rent, my wife slipped a white paper to me and said it came from the landlord. The heading of the letter was house rent renewal and increment. Chaiiii! I don't have a problem paying house rent today, but what of tomorrow? What if the job is no longer there? How long am I to continue working for my landlord? .....My wife 'gingered' me to think of building my own house by saying...a landlord shouldn't live at tenant road... Na Im I use speed dey rush order the clearing and uprooting of the whole land like say I be big man. Well I have to pay for extra one year rent while trying to build my own house. So make una no vex, I sweat enter here now seeking advise on how much it would cost me to set up the block work of a 3 bedroom bungalow. Me I be jjc for building, any good advice at all would be appreciated. I would keep you abreast on the progress of work God-willing. Make una help me.
Re: Need To Put A Full Stop To House Rent Headache by BTT(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2014
I no get idea to give you but I get goodwill for you.

God bless your hustle and grant you speed.
Re: Need To Put A Full Stop To House Rent Headache by mufutau55(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
Forget about how much you need to finish the house. Just start the project small, small as God provide you with small money.
In no time you see will the level of the house... Design yourself a good 3 or 4 bedrooms bungalow and take it from there.
God will help you start and finish. Building house is not simple thing but a determined mind always finish eventually. Good luck.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Going! Going! (best Located Commercial Property In Jos@34m Last ,no Other Fee. / Water Front Land For Sale @ Victoria Island / Mini Flat Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.