Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,494 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:14 PM

Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. (1321 Views)

Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns / Police Assistant Commissioner Drowns In Lagos Pool While Celebrating Valentine / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Johnnyessence(m): 6:15am On Nov 13, 2014
A polytechnic graduate (name withheld)
has died in a lake situated at Aba Apata,
Adegbayi, in Egbeda Local Government
Area of Oyo State.
The deceased, eyewitness told the
Nigerian Tribune, committed suicide after
he claimed he was fed up with life, having
searched for job after graduation to no
avail.
He then decided to jump into the river.
The eyewitness, who is a resident of the
area, said: “what we heard was that the
man is a polytechnic graduate and has
looked for job after graduation which he
could not find. Before he jumped into the
river, he dropped his documents by the
river bank and that was how we could
locate his relatives.”
When the Nigerian Tribune visited the site
of the lake, the corpse of the deceased
was still floating on the water, as it could
be seen from afar.
A fisherman, Taofeek Dauda, who usually
hunt for fish for commercial purpose in
the lake, informed that: “His parents were
here, and I told them to pay N30,000 so I
can bring out the corpse with my canoe. I
also told them that the money covers the
materials we are going to use to perform
some rituals before he could be buried,
because it is very important to do such
for whoever dies in this kind of
circumstance.”
He further told the Nigerian Tribune that
many lives had been lost inside the lake
because it was very big and was not
barricaded.
Nigerian Tribune, however, paid a visit to
the Egbeda Local Government secretariat
on the Ibadan-Ife road to know what the
local government was doing in that
regard, where the Director of Information
in the council, Mrs Yetunde Samson, said
it was only the chairman that could
comment on the matter and informed that
the chairman was not in the office. tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/21288-graduate-drowns-in-ibadan-lake
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 13, 2014
Shame....
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by onatisi(m): 6:28am On Nov 13, 2014
He committed suicide because he had no job but he overlooked the fact that he had good health. He overlooked the fact that he had many many things which money couldn't buy and which people were suffering for because they didn't have it. I always say that everything money can buy is worthless but all those things that money can't buy are priceless. There is rest in peace for this dead guy. He threw away the precious gift of life just because he couldn't wait a little longer. Whenever there is a sunrise definitely there will be a sunset, no matter the bad condition anyone finds himself ,that person should know that one day that problem would be solved . Death is never a solution to a problem.

13 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by DRealGeesam(m): 6:38am On Nov 13, 2014
I know people that have both HND and Bsc yet no job, what should those ones do?

So because he could not get employment, he committed suicide.

Cant he go and join mechanics or carpenters. Those doing small scale online importation here on nairaland, are they not human beings?

Well, it only shows he does not value himself.

I have never worked for anyone before and no one helped me. I am doing very fine in my business.

Nigerian youths want to be spoon fed even after graduating instead of taking their destiny in their hands.

Go to alaba market and see graduates hustling. Eventually some of them will become millionaires.

5 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by publicenemy(m): 6:41am On Nov 13, 2014
I dont even know what to say....

I hope he finds peace wherever he finds himself next.
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by egift(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2014
Yet someone in Abuja has borrowed and squandered $1b with few weeks. If Nigerians keep reelecting some clueless zoologist, Nigerian Jobless Population may start seeking self help.

All the millions of jobs Jonathan and Dr. Ngozi create are in their dreams.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by onatisi(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2014
DRealGeesam:
I know people that have both HND and Bsc yet no job, what should those ones do?

So because he could not get employment, he committed suicide.

Cant he go and join mechanics or carpenters. Those doing small scale online importation here on nairaland, are they not human beings?

Well, it only shows he does not value himself.

I have never worked for anyone before and no one helped me. I am doing very fine in my business.

Nigerian youths want to be spoon fed even after graduating instead of taking their destiny in their hands.

Go to alaba market and see graduates hustling. Eventually some of them will become millionaires.
bros thanks for this contribution. I have spoken to nigerian youth and I have come to realize that the problem with them is that many of them are just too lazy in thinking,they want the easy way out by collecting salary .and if u advise them to start something small ,they will keep telling u they need millions before they can start their own business. And one thing I always tell people any country I visit is ,nigeria is the easiest place to make money. All people need to do is just to think. The market is there but majority of our youth just love salary jobs .

2 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Johnnyessence(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2014
its pains me how our graduate think this days what's d essence of ur education in school and not fulfilling God's purpose for ur life because of challenges for no jobs its pains me the way our graduate of this days think they don't av plan while in school it's when they av graduate then they will now be thinking on what they will do its so so painful, d graduate av been possessed with d spirit of suicide.we need deliverance on our graduate government of today won't provide jobs for them.
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by aryzgreat: 6:49am On Nov 13, 2014
He is a coward.

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Johnnyessence(m): 6:51am On Nov 13, 2014
we should train ourselves that after bagging a degree holder we will be searching for white collar job,we should be training ourselves on what we will do while in schl may be we are studying for 4-5 yrs in school .Gej won't provide jobs for us it's we that will provide jobs and creative opportunity for ourselves. pls moderator move this to d front page.
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Chicheey: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:
Yet someone in Abuja has borrowed and squandered $1b with few weeks. If Nigerians keep reelecting some clueless zoologist, Nigerian Jobless Population may start seeking self help.

.Stop being childish na

4 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by destante(f): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2014
sad. sad
but I usually can't wrap my head round how someone thinks suicide is a solution.

1 Like

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by stinggy(m): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:

Forget this pls. GEJ might not be trying but FG can't provide jobs for everybody. Why not share the blame with Oyo State Govt too?

The guy was just too stupid to think ending his own life is the solution.

9 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by laurel03(m): 6:58am On Nov 13, 2014
may be he think he will get job in heaven... what pain me most is d 30k dey requested 4 again.. I sure dose fish in dt lake will be dancing owo epo and shoki dance because dey will finish him b4 1week... How I wish to live 4eva but death is a debt we must pay... "Life is sweet"
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by onatisi(m): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:

so because of gej, you will allow ur destiny to be destroyed abi? If you keep on looking at gej ,you will never move ahead in life ,you will remain in one position. People that achieve greatness in their lives are those who refuse to succumb to challenges and obstacles and they keep looking ahead.stop blaming someone else for ur life failures and find a solution to it. If you blocking someone way remember you urself will not leave that particular position. Gej has already achieved his own mark,he rose from nowhere to become the President, he is fulfilling his own destiny,so is it ur own destiny to spend all ur lifetime insulting him on nairaland? Seun is doing his own too ,so also the guys that created jobberman and many others like that,they didn't use all their valuable time insulting their president oon public forum , instead they channeled those time and resources into things which are profitable. If you spend half the time you spend in insulting gej on nairaland on other things u will see a big and better difference in your life .

6 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by seunlayi(m): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2014
stinggy:

Forget this pls. GEJ might not be trying but FG can't provide jobs for everybody. Why not share the blame with Oyo State Govt too?

which oyo state? is it the one that promised 20, 000 jobs Every three months without nothing to show for it in more than 3yrs? all the same, that guy really messed up

1 Like

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by onatisi(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2014
stinggy:

bros ,even state govt and local govt jobs can't be enough. I noticed something when I was in nigeria ,many people are employed by banks and so on to market products ,their salaries will be like 40 to 60k ,they are usually happy when they start these jobs ,but looking at their target sales u will notice that they are the ones actually paying themselves. Imagine someone who is asked to bring in 2million naira as fixed deposit every month but is placed on probational salary of 50k. What about salemen ,who were asked to make sales of 900k for their coompany every month but are paid 50k. I now asked one of them,if you can make 900k for your boss who sits down in a office and eats ogufe and amala all the time ,why don't you try and make that money for urself by doing something else?

1 Like

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by nuclearboy(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2014
Unfortunate!

University (and Polytechnic) students have an employee mindset built into them while vulcanizers are taught to become entrepreneurs.

This boy may have struggled through school and found it difficult to imagine raising funds to start off anything. But this wasn't a solution.

Very sad - now he has worsened the parents situation
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by nuclearboy(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,even state govt and local govt jobs can't be enough. I noticed something when I was in nigeria ,many people are employed by banks and so on to market products ,their salaries will be like 40 to 60k ,they are usually happy when they start these jobs ,but looking at their target sales u will notice that they are the ones actually paying themselves. Imagine someone who is asked to bring in 2million naira as fixed deposit every month but is placed on probational salary of 50k. What about salemen ,who were asked to make sales of 900k for their coompany every month but are paid 50k. I now asked one of them,if you can make 900k for your boss who sits down in a office and eats ogufe and amala all the time ,why don't you try and make that money for urself by doing something else?

Very true. What most harp on though, is that they don't have the finances to fund these "something else" you suggested
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2014
I don't speak ill of the dead.

RIP Man!
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by mrborntodoit: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:

E-goat,you are nothing but a stagnant lake. How can gej be the problem in every situation from your miserable point of view?

I keep asking myself how you and your fellow hungry e-goats think,breathe and sleep .

From my early education,I have always known that failures (like you and your e-gang of sore losers,including his royal failure gmb) always attribute their woes to other people hence your calling on gej every second of the day.

@op,

The guy no try, there are so many other ways to make it in life without waiting for one company to install graduates into an air-conditioned office .

Right from day 1 ,The Nigerian youths have always studied with the idea of having a perfect job immediately after graduation. Meanwhile,very few of these graduates create new companies to boost the employment market.

2 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2014
Rest in peace young man,. But why do yoruba people like committing suicide?? Ehh undecided • The thing dey mama mee sad sad ¤

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by laurel03(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2014
seunlayi:
which oyo state? is it the one that promised 20, 000 jobs Every three months without nothing to show for it in more than 3yrs? all the same, that guy really messed up
haaa dont let our governor hear dat ooo.. even APC e warriors we qoute u wrong soon.. Ajimobi Propaganda is more than too much... d only diff btw APC&PDP are just d logo... dey are stealing since 1999..

1 Like

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by onatisi(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2014
nuclearboy:

Very true. What most harp on though, is that they don't have the finances to fund these "something else" you suggested
bros ,you have a very good point. You see about 10years ago ,an uncle of mine asked me what I wanted to do so that he can help me , I told him to give me money first that once I have the money I will know what to do with it . He laughed and said the problem is not the money but the idea. That if you give 10m to someone who doesn't have any idea of what to do he will squander it but if you give 20k to someone that already has a focus and clear direction of what he or she wants to do,that person will make it. I never knew he was telling the truth. Bros believe me many jobless youth in nigeria are lazy thinkers . If you think I am lying ,call one or two of them this morning and ask them probing questions of what they will do with 100k and u will be surprised they have no idea.all they want is that salary job.
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Kunleskey(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2014
What a tragedy!.. and what a shame!..he lack faith and convidence in himself...everything is nt all about certificate...but hardworking right 4rm childhood..go and learn suitable anywork b4 it's too late.
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by nuclearboy(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,you have a very good point. You see about 10years ago ,an uncle of mine asked me what I wanted to do so that he can help me , I told him to give me money first that once I have the money I will know what to do with it . He laughed and said the problem is not the money but the idea. That if you give 10m to someone who doesn't have any idea of what to do he will squander it but if you give 20k to someone that already has a focus and clear direction of what he or she wants to do,that person will make it. I never knew he was telling the truth. Bros believe me many jobless youth in nigeria are lazy thinkers . If you think I am lying ,call one or two of them this morning and ask them probing questions of what they will do with 100k and u will be surprised they have no idea.all they want is that salary job.

I have said exact same to so many young people I just keep quiet now. That's because the next they say is that "you were lucky" is why you don't understand.

A young chap (34 or thereabouts) was with me 2 days ago. He has the capability to hold/handle snakes (I am dead scared of them) and I said "look, let me help you get information about the technology involved in anti - venom production". Simple idea - catch, extract, produce the drugs, advertise!

Nobody gets this easily and it's frigging expensive. And any bite victims MUST buy. If even Dangote is bitten, he'll worship you to get his shots

Dude said "he will look strange to people". Yet he came asking for help to get a job. I pray he won't commit suicide one day

1 Like

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by shizzleStar: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:

Is it only me or who else thinks this guy is stewpid?

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by onatisi(m): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2014
nuclearboy:

I have said exact same to so many young people I just keep quiet now. That's because the next they say is that "you were lucky" is why you don't understand.

A young chap (34 or thereabouts) was with me 2 days ago. He has the capability to hold/handle snakes (I am dead scared of them) and I said "look, let me help you get information about the technology involved in anti - venom production". Simple idea - catch, extract, produce the drugs, advertise!

Nobody gets this easily and it's frigging expensive. And any bite victims MUST buy. If even Dangote is bitten, he'll worship you to get his shots

Dude said "he will look strange to people". Yet he came asking for help to get a job. I pray he won't commit suicide one day

infact bros ,even what we are doing right now is a business window . This is exactly what motivational speakers do and they get paid in thousands of dollars and naira .many people organise motivational seminars and people pay to hear them speak. I have told people that until they believe they will never see the unlimited possibilities and opportunities that abound and surrounds them .
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by stinggy(m): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2014
seunlayi:

I thought I'm the only one disappointed in that gap-toothed liar d guy fall my hand nor b small
Well, we'll soon correct the mistake.
Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:

The Oyo State Govt could have started by barricading the lake which would have made it difficult for the guy to get drown or don't you think so?

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. by Oment5: 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
He is living upto the expectations of Awo his Godfather.

May his soul RIP

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain Prince Buruji Kashamu Opens N1b Political Centre, Names It After G / 7 Political Shortcomings Of General Buhari / GEJ Benefits From Boko Haram---Northwood Mininistries, Canadian Christian Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.