Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,833 members, 7,921,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:15 PM

Best Country In Europe! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Country In Europe! (18045 Views)

List Of Best Country To Live In The World - UN Development Index As At Dec. 2015 / List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Country In Europe! by uenemuoh(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2008
sweden is the best, there wount be lots of space if i decide to write down the reasons
Re: Best Country In Europe! by mekk(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2008
uenemuoh:

sweden is the best, there wount be lots of space if i decide to write down the reasons

Space? preposterous!!!
Re: Best Country In Europe! by suprted(m): 6:03am On Dec 06, 2008
Guys I will like to add my 2 cents to this and here it goes,
a wise person says that"In theory theory and practice are the same but in practice, practical and thory are worlds apart" what is my point:
in theory, Spain is a great place to live for a black person because it is sunnier, but then if sun is the only reason you want to live in Spain why not stay in Nigeria and have it double
in theory Switzerland is beautiful and has the best banks in the world but then in practice you have to have a good living for good banks and nice environment to make sense to you,
why am I saying this? well to be honest there are only 3 places to live for Nigerians, Nigeria , US and UK . in that order every other place "na manage" and that is coming from someone who has lived in Europe for 10 years.
officially there are 3 million Nigerians in the UK but the actual figure is likely to be up to 15 million why do you think that is?. most Nigerians in UK have very nice jobs, Doctors, lawyers,Engineer(I am one) ,nurses, e.t.c,most drive very nice cars, own multiple homes and believe me if you live in a few UK cities you always have Nigerians around you or within 1 hour drive. in 10 years I have never been asked for my "papers" even once on the street and I don't know who has.
the UK government has had to close 2 camps set up by thousands of immigrants trying to "escape" from France to UK in Calais. some hide under the train and die just to escape from France to London, why do you think that is?, so why compare France to UK?
Germany? forget, I only know one person who has a reasonable job in Germany. every other person is just trying so many other things, and believe me 90% of those who "attain" German citizenship end up in UK. thats why UK never joined the common border. I even know people who have white Germans mothers or father and yet they are discriminated against because they have half black blood, they had to move to UK .
Switzerland? if you want to live there you better bring your money because you just can't get a decent job there
Spain? how many Spanish are cleaners in UK?
need I say more?
but then what do I know? like someone on this site would say
enjoy

a few points from this.

1. i dont care if i go to a place where i never see another nigerian again. if i wanted to hang around nigerians all the time, there's a place for that, it's called Nigeria.

2. i beg to differ about switzerland. the only reason i am in England is because I am not fluent enough in any of their languages to get a decent job. if you speak fluent german, french or italian the world is your oyster. also it is easier to get a job from being a student than it was here until they did that IGS thing, and even then, my friend has spent the last six months in London looking for work.

3. those cleaners are latin american not spanish.

again sha, a lot of people have different experiences. just because i've never been hassled in a swiss airport doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by chyk91(m): 1:48am On Dec 07, 2008
it depends. in terms of opportunities-england.in terms of beauty i dont know u can choose. in terms of tourism-probably england agagin. but 4 we naija people dat are tryin 2 survive i guess its england, cos opportunities are dere. it may not be d best employment but its available unlike oda countries in europe. pls stop talkin about racism its everywhere, even in naija. hausa's fightin igbo, igbo's fighting yoruba's, so its everywhere.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by alex406(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2008
At least from my travel experience,i prefer holding unto democratic republic of zoo
Re: Best Country In Europe! by danaz(m): 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2008
hello,
pls i want to move over to europe for my post grad. in medicine(residency).i don't have an idea of the best place to go, anyone with useful suggestion can help me, princetachi@yahoo.com, this is serious pls
Re: Best Country In Europe! by olawonder(m): 4:39am On Dec 14, 2008
Racism is a big issue not just in Europe but worldwide. I've been racially abused in France, in Germany, in my home country-Naija and here in England! Someone said something about Monaco being a strict place? Monaco is not just a place, its a posh city for the upper class, imagine how boring that kind of a place would be.
Re: Best Country In Europe! by dean2725: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2008
forget best country in europe, the best country in the world is Sudan (Darfur) lipsrsealed

no be so , ?
Re: Best Country In Europe! by Abiodun92(m): 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2008
What do you guys think about Finland? I live in Finland, but i've also traveled in Europe. Few reasons why i think Finland is a really nice place to be:

1.The condition of air is very good, almost no pollution at all!

2.Finland is a High-Tech country, known around the globe for Mobile phones(Nokia).

3.Finland has a high Human Development index: 0.952 Ranked 11th Worldwide. GDP Per Capita is $46,856.

4.Finland has pretty cold winters, but also Warm summers.

5.Finland has good results in many international comparisons of national performance such as the share of high-technology manufacturing, public education, health care, the rate of gross domestic product growth, and the protection of civil liberties.

6.Finland has been ranked the second most stable country in the world, in a survey based on social, economic, political, and military indicators.

7.The life expectancy is 82 years for women and 75 years for men.

8.Finnish educational system is known as one of the best in the world.

9.63% of Finns claim to speak English as a language other than a mother tongue.

10.Finland isn't really racist country, because people living in the cities have already gotten used to seeing immigrants.

11.If you like Ice-Hockey, then Finland is truly a place to be! cheesy
Re: Best Country In Europe! by NoWee(m): 12:00am On Dec 15, 2008
Guys, I have lived in Switzerland. English is not their second language. Only a small number of Swiss speak English. Their official languages are Swiss German, French, Italian and Romansh (spoken locally by a small minority). If you mingle with Swiss people you will find they are not really racists. The problem is that Switzerland as a country believes in neutrality and isolationism. They are very private people who do not get involved in other people's affairs and do not need anybody's disturbance, be you Bill Gates, Michael Jackson or a regular guy who is seeking greener pastures.

About 11 years ago Tina Turner who lives in the country since 1986 wanted to buy a house somewhere near Zurich, the community opposed her plan because they were concerned that she would turn their quiet community into Hollywood. Some people who do not understand Swiss mentality may interpret this to be racism, but it is not.  They are just private people.

I have never seen a country so clean like Switzerland. Everything in the country has expiring date from swing in the playground to main roads. The quality of life in that country is second to none. The people are very gentle, industrious and lawful. You need not to be told that Swiss police is among the best in the world. Crime rate is very, very low. 

Sadly, Switzerland is not made for non Swiss, especially for those of us who are not in the category of Phil Collins and Tina Turner. That is why I moved from Switzerland to Britain, a country that is totally opposite of Switzerland.

1 Like

Re: Best Country In Europe! by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 15, 2008
[size=20pt]People, i want to travel outside nigeria to Scandinavian. Can i get a connection, please? Mail bigmodo(at)gmail.com[/size]
Re: Best Country In Europe! by KnowAll(m): 11:32am On Dec 18, 2008
The best country in Europe is Great Britain, its the only country where you would see a successful black man who is not a footballer or celebrity, black men who has made it doing ordinary jobs you hardly fiand that in most european countries. I remember my nigerian freind went to Amsterdam and was talking to these ducth guy about the house he was living in London and this ducth man was suprised that a Nigerian could be living in a £650,000.00 house. The irony is this Nija guy only came to England only 10 years ago and was not even a citizen, If you are level headed and ambitious you will make it in the UK

1 Like

Re: Best Country In Europe! by chyk91(m): 1:12am On Dec 19, 2008
i support u know all. well said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

262 Out Of 860 Pilots In Pakistan Have Fake Licenses / Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day / Nigerian Lone Survivor Of Fatal Auto Crash, Shares Testimony, 3 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.