Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,201 members, 7,873,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (371844 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by InvertedHammer: 1:05am On Mar 14, 2015
/
Give the family one lump sum as a condolence gift (N500k) from TEHN. They should understand that people tried to the best of their abilities from the magnanimity of their heart. Whatever they choose to do with it is their wahala.

The balance should be retained in TEHN's account for future use.

Keeping it very simple. No need of setting bad precedence. Most importantly, TEHN should avoid overstretching her reach.
\

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 14, 2015
DPointMan:

In as much as I want to agree with you on closing this, I really don't think giving DJ's mum 300k will be okay. Think of predators like the so called "firstborn" that will be by the wings ready to pounce on anything. Setting a business for her will not be a bad idea, I believe TeHN should just have a meeting with the mum to know her preference of business, and assist her accordingly. Still sticking to option 3 #MyHumbleOpinion.

And they can't pounce on the proceeds on her shop and it's contents if they are so inclined?
Does the woman want a business or is this our idea of what she should do
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by britiko: 1:14am On Mar 14, 2015
esere826:
@r231

Only those who donated money through your organisation should be the ones to make decisions on the money
and the weight of individual donation should be the weight of their authority in this matter

this might sound harsh, but
the donors provided money for Djola and not to religion, clerics or any relative whether poor or rich
they also trusted that TeHn would use the money sensibly for Djola

so it falls back to the donors to decide,
and for TeHn to step in and exert closure if the donors are not able to decide

So how do u recognize the Anonymous donors suggestions?
Because someone didn't contribute cash doesn't mean he/ she can't make a sensible suggestion as to how to handle d funds.

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by DPointMan(m): 1:20am On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:

And they can't pounce on the proceeds on her shop and it's contents if they are so inclined?
Does the woman want a business or is this our idea of what she should do

Well......guess you're right, they sure can pounce on proceeds from the store if they ain't getting cash from her. If she wants a business?? We'll let the TeHN crew interfacing with her find that out, if the answer is no, then she can't be forced into running a business. But one paramount thing is to have a steady source of income for her.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by WhiZTiM(m): 1:50am On Mar 14, 2015
I think the Mom should be our primary concern first.
DJDOLA mentioned his Mom a number of times, and from what we know, she stood by Him. We are not ruling out other family members here, but I maintain the Mom be given preference of the highest other.

Option 3 is a bit ok.
Frankly, Even if we give the Mom cash, it can be sabotaged, either by force, or by some, religious or traditional ploy(or better still, coercion)... Except if the family members are "good".

Strongly keeping the above^^^ in mind, I suggest we include some form of "managed assistance" to her. (as previously raised by some members)
Managed assistance could be in the context of Medical Insurance, Empowering her with some skills, working on her Shop, etc.
NOTE: For every item under managed assistance, She SHOULD NOT be given the money. Rather, we engage her and find her pressing needs; and (...etc... there are tons of people better than I am in this kind of thing...)

So, my little take is...
Lets cast this in two fold,
1. Unmanaged Assistance: ---Cash
2. Managed Assistance: ---Not Cash

I suggest (For those who are inclined to option 3,) we vote on an assistance cap... For example say, from 400K.
Then, ration the concluded cap into Unmanaged and Managed.

Whatever we are spending on DJDOLA's bereaved family, our greatest bias(preference) should be towards the Mom.

Regards,
Timothy

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 14, 2015
Although I know its dead weight, I will still chip in my contribution because I am a donor. I said its dead weight because I know that one way or the other, TEHN has already made up its mind on what to do. Nevertheless, option 3 is the best. I concur strongly in getting a decent apartment (not luxurious) for the Mum. Because I can deduct from the conversations all along that she will need it. By the way, I hope arrangement is being also made to give the family in general a lump sum as a condolence? Because whether we like it or not, that money was generated in their son's name. All those saying keep it for future sick nairalanders, are we praying for Nairalanders to get sick? Even if such situation arises, do we think the person wouldnt get attention as DJ got?

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by buoye1(m): 2:24am On Mar 14, 2015
Obinoscopy:
How about using the money to help another nairalander in need of genuine assistance?
I support this...Folake is dying,she nEeds money and our prayer to survive her cancer too......God bless you for this resounding suggestion
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Heart2heart(m): 2:40am On Mar 14, 2015
When DJ was going through all that pain, I only saw one person his mum. Chai!!! If we do anything without establishing that woman, I will weep. DJ I know would so much desire his mum is helped out. Even as we talk here, that woman is facing a lot of persecution already over an unseen cash. Pls let us help that woman, set a bizness for her. She is the only person who can give DJ's kid water to drink assuming one of such kids surfaces latter. Brother and sister no send oh!! Pls pls setup business for that woman and exclusively and legally name it hers in honor of DJ, to avoid family brawls. Name the business hers! TEHN, make a legal documents stating some clauses that will protect the woman oh! The mother is the only one I speak for cus DJ spoke so much of his mum. He will be happy wherever he is if his mum is happy...

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Abiagirl777(f): 3:03am On Mar 14, 2015
breadandbutter:

His religion is the one and only religion God recognizes so we should encourage building a mosque on his behalf undecided

You must be high on something, so the xtains, pagans and atheists who contributed are stupid, you just called someone an infidel, that is how you ppl start riots. since u are so passionate about it why not build one in his name.
Mtcheeeew

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by buoye1(m): 3:08am On Mar 14, 2015
Viewing this topic:Ishilove,
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Babyrex(f): 3:11am On Mar 14, 2015
buoye1:
Viewing this topic: Babyrex(f),Ishilove, Koolwilly(m),
sharpboyus(m), samtol4(m), davestead(m),
buoye1(m), atbu1983(m), yerilistik, busoye19,
Abiagirl777(f), FATM and 5 guest(s)
(Go Up)
Search
yes, can I help u?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by buoye1(m): 3:26am On Mar 14, 2015
Babyrex:

yes, can I help u?
No,that was a big mistake...pls you can modify the post to help stop the mentions!!sorry pls
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by eightsin(m): 4:12am On Mar 14, 2015
I wasn't opportune to donate so I dunno if I have the right to an opinion on this but if I did, I'd pick option 3 with some few modification.

May DJ's soul rest in peace!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 14, 2015
Option 3 Please. Keep up the good work, God bless you all.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by doncheks: 6:38am On Mar 14, 2015
Sentiments be put aside.
Its only in this part of the world where you hear that money donated for charity be used to empower family after demise.
If DJ,were still alive,this money may have run out and we would still donate more to his cause.

The Ideal thing to do would have been to channel these resources to some one else in genuine need.
Let us be clear on the intent of the donors

TO HELP SAVE A LIFE.

We did not donate money to empower anyone's family.

I expect the family to express gratitude on the role we played and not dictate terms on how the money should be spent.
I could have said more.But i rather leave this thread solemn.

Well, Since we can only go by options presented.
<option 3>

However,let the bulk of the money go into helping someone in a life threatening illness(verified here)

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Just20(f): 6:38am On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:

You can go ahead and build a mosque in his honor ,nobody is stopping you
Build one in all geopolitical zones sef
Did anyone support DJ because of his religious affiliation ?
Maybe those who did are the ones angry about option 3
Most people didn't care about his religion when they donated so making it a religious affair at his death is annoying to me and many others.
I concur sister.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by godoluwa(m): 6:46am On Mar 14, 2015
breadandbutter:

You are a selfish Christian. Why would you go against building a mosque? Don't you know doing that will guarantee that his soul rest in paradise? Let's be kind hearted undecided
as far as am concerned, building or spending money on mosque is a waste of time & money because the deed has been done. my suggestion is this, divide the remaining fund into equal half, get a gud shop & stock it with high profit marketable goods for his mum. the remaining half should be used to attend to a genuine & urgent medical challenge of any nler in need. spending the money on mosque will definitely infuriate donors. RIP, DJDOLA
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 14, 2015
godoluwa:
as far as am concerned, building or spending money on mosque is a waste of time & money because the deed has been done. my suggestion is this, divide the remaining fund into equal half, get a gud shop & stock it with high profit marketable goods for his mum. the remaining half should be used to attend to a genuine & urgent medical challenge of any nler in need. spending the money on mosque will definitely infuriate donors. RIP, DJDOLA

Ok
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Jarus(m): 6:52am On Mar 14, 2015
Justfollowit:

You should also respect other people's beliefs - the ones who donated the money for his treatment and the upkeep of his family not every one of them is a muslim.

Building a mosque is not obligatory, it is a form of charity IF there are sufficient resources. Having means of livelihood would also be a form of charity because then they can give out to others. Or would you rather they beg because of building a mosque would grant him automatic Al-jannah.

Next time think before you post because you would not your money to be use for a church if you were in the same position as the donors.
Our major concern for not recommending that option as presented by the family.

That said, building a mosque was never part of the options outlined, it was "donating to the mosque" (for upkeep or whatever). But the same sentiments in your post apply.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 14, 2015
Jarus:

Our major concern for not recommending that option as presented by the family.

That said, building a mosque was never part of the options outlined, it was "donating to the mosque" (for upkeep or whatever). But the same sentiments in your post apply.

I know, I read the that option.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Jarus(m): 6:58am On Mar 14, 2015
exxell:
Although I know its dead weight, I will still chip in my contribution because I am a donor. I said its dead weight because I know that one way or the other, TEHN has already made up its mind on what to do. Nevertheless, option 3 is the best. I concur strongly in getting a decent apartment (not luxurious) for the Mum. Because I can deduct from the conversations all along that she will need it. By the way, I hope arrangement is being also made to give the family in general a lump sum as a condolence? Because whether we like it or not, that money was generated in their son's name. All those saying keep it for future sick nairalanders, are we praying for Nairalanders to get sick? Even if such situation arises, do we think the person wouldnt get attention as DJ got?

If TEHN had made up their mind, why did they come here for options with an express statement that "the consensus here will be implemented". So if the options are counted next week Friday and an option prevails, you mean TEHN will act contrary?

Let's be fair.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by kendraloops: 7:06am On Mar 14, 2015
I guess his mum was into some form of trade before, so i don't think she's likely to crash the business or whatever as people are thinking. The biz can simply be expanded.i.e from selling biscuits in pieces to selling cartons. As she's an old woman, she could get a shop assistant to help or a trusted relative to assist physically.

They already know there's money on ground and might have a sense of entitlement, afterall, it was raised in their son's name (referring to egbon here).

Their accommodation must have been so poor based on people's accounts so a lil renovation wouldn't be bad please.

i go with option 3 n dapotemi's suggestion(tejuosho).
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 14, 2015
Option 3 all the way.........build mosque , no way undecided, empower the mum with a huge lump sum and let her decided the kind of business she wants and take care of her rent for 3years........
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 7:20am On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Fine o
How are u?
Not bad sis
Back to the matter,i like the idea of buying her a shop instead of renting. will surely be a great asset for her. And if we are going by this, then accomodation shoud be ruled out.
As for the first born, biko shut him out. If possible, involve the brother who stood by him to watch the mum (though I know him too no too dey trustworthy from d previous gists).
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:04am On Mar 14, 2015
olu4life:

Not bad sis
Back to the matter,i like the idea of buying her a shop instead of renting. will surely be a great asset for her. And if we are going by this, then accomodation shoud be ruled out.
As for the first born, biko shut him out. If possible, involve the brother who stood by him to watch the mum (though I know him too no too dey trustworthy from d previous gists).
Mba ooo!!!! Buy her shop wey egbon go inherit? Lailai oo!!! i no support this one ooo....let's stick with stocking up the shop and if the egbon like make he go there dey pack foodstuffs on a regs shebi when awoof finish hin eye go clear and he go begin hustle to feed hin parents.We can't afford to waste donors money buying them assets not after that rude suggestion from the brother. Ko possible mehn...... angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Just20(f): 8:18am On Mar 14, 2015
breadandbutter:

His parents will be glad to have a mosque in their Son's name than having a shop filled with goods cos all we have here is vanity. I'm only trying to get him to paradise with the mosque suggestion undecided

Pls eh I've held my tongue for so long on what you've been writing but enough already. Was the initial donations made for the mosque? Did DJ EVER say anything about his mosque? Were donations made based on religion? Is everybody on this thread a Muslim? You just came from no where to derail.
Pls pick any of the options that have been put forward or remain silent.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 14, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Mba ooo!!!! Buy her shop wey egbon go inherit? Lailai oo!!! i no support this one ooo....let's stick with stocking up the shop and if the egbon like make he go there dey pack foodstuffs on a regs shebi when awoof finish hin eye go clear and he go begin hustle to feed hin parents.We can't afford to waste donors money buying them assets not after that rude suggestion from the brother. Ko possible mehn...... angry

Can you please give my suggestion a consideration? Instead of the shop
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:28am On Mar 14, 2015
breadandbutter:

Can you please give my suggestion a consideration? Instead of the shop
Which suggestion? my friend,waka faaaaaar joor! That one na suggestion? comedy fit you i swear!!! Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by begwong: 8:28am On Mar 14, 2015
I go with TEHN's recommendation but will suggest a 2years rent upfront payment for the mum shop/house.After stocking DJ's mum shop,the remaining balance should be used to support other verified Nlders cases.
Thumbs up TEHN!

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.