Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,079 members, 7,967,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 09:56 AM

Transformation Agenda: Failed Promise By The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformation Agenda: Failed Promise By The President (452 Views)

Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government / Jonathan Presents The Transformation Agenda Report / GEJ TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: What Is It Actually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transformation Agenda: Failed Promise By The President by Biliamin(m): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
Speaking with United Nations diplomats on Monday, 31st January 2011 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, President Goodluck Jonathan made this promise:

“If I’m voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make a significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything

Three years later, in January 2014, in anticipation of his 2015 presidential bid, the same Goodluck Jonathan issued a six-moth ultimatum to power companies to hurriedly address the power situation in the country. Six months came, and six months went, and today, Nigeria’s power generation and supply is at an all time low.

Fifteen years ago, when Nigeria’s democracy was still relatively new, the People’s Democratic Party told Nigerians that we had a 6000mw installed capacity of electricity, and “within a year, this would go up to 10,000mw.” Fifteen years later, with over $50 billion spent on the power sector alone, we are now being told by the Goodluck Jonathan administration that power generation in Nigeria has “increased from 3000mw to 4000mw.” With this inconsistency in question, it is clear that instead of Nigeria’s power generation and supply increasing and progressing under the leadership of Goodluck Jonathan, it has gotten worse.

Read on here: http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/31/non-transformation-agenda-what-president-jonathan-said-power-timi-frank

(1) (Reply)

Apc Sanitation Rally / Of Jonathanian Impunity And Progressive Rascality / My Take On 2015 General Elections: My Opinion And Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.