Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,064 members, 7,977,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:23 PM

Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US (45985 Views)

Rivers: Why We Refused PDP Use Of Stadium For Presidential Rally / Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria -US / Oshiomhole Begged To Join PDP, But We Refused - Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by guttentag(m): 8:25am On Nov 15, 2014
olrotimi:
This USA people sef, they can soo make me to laf. I still wonder why we haven't patronized the Chinese massively.

You wan use China Weapon fight Boko Na Ram?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Nigeria is warring with boko haram, and their hosts will definitely be affected. The same way wars affect the citizens of a country.

So u think BH is this strong without external sponsor, scheme and intelligence?

Uncle Sam's hands are terribly dirty, but he wears a white gloves
Yes, but what does how military do with suspected BH terrorist. Jungle justice? Did you listen to some of the interview Nigerian gave of how our armed forces torture for no reason? Even if BH do have external sponsors there is no credible evidence that the US are sponsors. People here claiming the US are sponsors of ISIS and BH. Have they forgotten that ISIS started killing innocent American and English journalist before they decided to intervene?

1 Like

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by adebayoadeyiga(m): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2014
it might be difficult to Nigerians to invent something but not difficult to use machine invented by someone even if the machines comes without manual . nobody taught boys in the computer village how to repair spoiled phone . so america should knw that Nigerians are very intelligent when it comes to use usage.
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by blym4real: 8:32am On Nov 15, 2014
Why are people blaming america. The simple truth is us does not trust this government. The fact is us is hiding some informations they know about boko haram from the public.
Who among us knows whether the sponsors of boko haram are the people in government or the top military officers, u.s would have done some secret investigations on this.

The truth is this government can't be trusted, the government that knows the sponsors of boko haram yet they can't release their names nor prosecute them, Nigeria government itself is not complaining about the fall out in this arm deal. If am in charge in America, I can't also sell to nigeria. Let the government come out clean first.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by ezendiezetony: 8:33am On Nov 15, 2014
Dis us people making guy while we still have innison ..oga inno pls go into d factort and produce us some IVM choppers also craete a space besode it for m16 and on the other side rocket launchers thanks from biafra.
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by loswhite(m): 8:33am On Nov 15, 2014
rawpadgin:
each time i hear Nigerian science students bragging about their certificate i just laugh

the mentality of an average Nigerian science student is.... after graduation get employed in a company that pays 200k per month, then get married

while the U.S science students are thinking of the next machine to invent
hope you are included, abi u no get certificate ?
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:39am On Nov 15, 2014
Ichiato:

Yes, but what does how military do with suspected BH terrorist. Jungle justice? Did you listen to some of the interview Nigerian gave of how our armed forces torture for no reason? Even if BH do have external sponsors there is no credible evidence that the US are sponsors. People here claiming the US are sponsors of ISIS and BH. Have they forgotten that ISIS started killing innocent American and English journalist before they decided to intervene?

Seriously? You think the US is that dumb? To give direct support that will have the entire world point at them?
US has the most covertly operations. They can get rid of an entire race without a trace.

Don't always believe what u see, and don't always doubt what you do not see.

Take time to check history, true stories and trends. READ BETWEEN THE LINES BRO.

And as for the Nigerian military, I will never support their torturing the innocent. But put yourself in their shoes...

No better guns or equipment
No better Intel than the enemy
The enemy hides in between a people
They keep expanding territories
Nigerians clamouring for safety
Many of our colleagues die, while the enemy keeps taking cover
The enemy has a higher support
Nigerians think we're incompetent
The entire world is laughing at us
We know where the enemy is, but innocent lives are beclouding our mission...

U think if you were in their shoes you wouldn't do worse?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by OLADD: 8:43am On Nov 15, 2014
barcanista:
Phockery you are very smart. grin grin grin

So because APC hinged their campaign on "Security" it automatically means they are the cause of insecurity. Going by your logic, the man that says "I will provide job for all" is the cause of unemployment in Nigeria. Very funny.

1) The APC called for Int'l probe into BH insurgency to unravel the sponsors, FG declined.
2) The APC called for investigation into davies report, FG instead partied and attended security meetings with the indicted fellows. No Prosecution or any commission of enquiry.
3) All the indicted fellows are in PDP, including the words of General Iwoye Azazi.

[color=#006600][/color]

Aside the need for you to go for a psychotic test, it seems further spiritual cleansing is needed in your pitiable case. I am yet to come to term with your senseless arguments that often times twist facts to brainwash Nairalanders. Deep down in your heart, can you beat your chest and say APC is not directly or indirectly associated with Boko Haram? Is your brain so senile to draw lines between APC's statements and Boko Haram activities? Do you need further intellectual diagnosis to discern how happy and comfortable APC is with the security situation, which Boko Haram, their military arm are unleashing on our nation in their insane push to rule Nigeria by all means? Your stance on national woes (while satisfying your backers) will stand against you in the future.

1 Like

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 15, 2014
Lives are at risk, this is not a qualified reason. Smh!
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by LordIllegal(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2014
CFCfan:

Which branch of the military did you join?
U.S Army, Fort Benning. Columbus, Georgia. lipsrsealed
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2014
DaBullIT:

Your argument makes no sense Bro. Unlike Nigeria where people take pride in Aluu4 ,jungle justice , where human life and human right means nothing to anyone The US actually cares about safety and lives of its citizens and human right . Soldiers signed waivers during training and they get paid for the risks. Human rights watch did not complain about soldiers violating the rights of terrorists they complained about soldiers murdering innocent people .like a video where a man in military fatigue beheaded 6 suspected terrorists with his cutlass and they put them in a mass grave

Operating some weapons is not just load and cock and aim. Command bases , video streaming of live events , military satelites and every other factors work together for decision making in advanced countries . Also Most aeronautic engineers are mostly engineers by degree not by experience , What's the problem with Nigeria ? Maintenance culture. You buy you use you abandon . Furthermore if some members of the Nigerian army came out to say they cant shoot their brothers in Islam and they happily handed over weapons and armored tanks. That jet in the wrong hands is a disaster for Nigeria as a whole

I guess my point is that the USA has the moral and psychological obligation not to provide a weapon of mini mass destruction to Nigeria as long as barbarians are still in charge , and as long as soldiers are defecting to boko haram camps .
You are so far the only Nigerian i have seen with a brain to reason. I wonder what so many Nigerians has in that their big head. Wether it is brain or water. They can't reason at all. They will just try to politicize everything in Nigeria. They think sophisticated helicopters can be flown like kites? Our military are not united, those muslims soldiers in nigeria don't want to fight boko haram saying it is their broda in islam. Such solders can easily give those choppers to boko haram.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by pamcode(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2014
rawpadgin:
each time i hear Nigerian science students bragging about their certificate i just laugh

the mentality of an average Nigerian science student is.... after graduation get employed in a company that pays 200k per month, then get married

it not their fault incase you havent noticed inventions are not appreciatedd in naija-for example biogas was first discovered in naija how know this,moringa was discorvered to be a good cure for malaria how many know this,infact the vaccine for cholera was discorvered here.even some inventions(tanks that were bomb-proof) done by some guys who were former us soldiers was ignored, so it not science stundents fault o if they could be appreciated more it would be good bt i doubt it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 15, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Seriously? You think the US is that dumb? To give direct support that will have the entire world point at them?
US has the most covertly operations. They can get rid of an entire race without a trace.

Don't always believe what u see, and don't always doubt what you do not see.

Take time to check history, true stories and trends. READ BETWEEN THE LINES BRO.

And as for the Nigerian military, I will never support their torturing the innocent. But put yourself in their shoes...

No better guns or equipment
No better Intel than the enemy
The enemy hides in between a people
They keep expanding territories
Nigerians clamouring for safety
Many of our colleagues die, while the enemy keeps taking cover
The enemy has a higher support
Nigerians think we're incompetent
The entire world is laughing at us
We know where the enemy is, but innocent lives are beclouding our mission...

U think if you were in their shoes you wouldn't do worse?
@the first bolded, you expect me then to believe what I don't and question what I do see? What then is irrationality?
@second bolded, are you joking? Does the above list justify what they do to innocent lives? For one if they don't have weapons and no intelligence they can start by at least telling there citizens the truth. Not shekau is dead this minute and the next thing shekau is mounting insurgency in the north. They tell lies every day. Even the US has accused our military of not been transparent with them and we ourselves cannot prove otherwise. How then do we expect them to corporate with us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 15, 2014
rawpadgin:

Bro... i like Nigerians who say the truth... thnks....

i blame our government.. if our educational system was gud, why can't we create our own jets we are fighting a war against boko haram ( anti-education) yet we aren't fully educated enough to design our weapons... smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by oluwafemi113(m): 9:06am On Nov 15, 2014
The truth is USA dont trust this present administration and I
think they are trying to save lots of innocent citizens.
USA knows who the real Boko Hara are

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by iamord(m): 9:10am On Nov 15, 2014
adadadon:
See as USA just diss us. Lemme burn my passport sharply

Go ahead ..am watching
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by gabicon: 9:12am On Nov 15, 2014
Why make so much noise about this arms issue if US refuses to sell go n buy d KA52 alligator from Russia they are in same grade level as cobra and the cost are close to each other. Our government should take responsibility by exploring other options and stop pointing fingers it is not by force to help anybody it is by choice if they say no look for the next best thing.

1 Like

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 15, 2014
LordIllegal:
U.S Army, Fort Benning. Columbus, Georgia. lipsrsealed
Ok. There is a Nigerian, here in San Diego, that joined the Navy.
What was your highest rank?
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by jeje123(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2014
I dont blame US imaging 2 helicopter crash within a week by Nigerian Army. Bounced of olodo!

1 Like

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by sammily(m): 9:21am On Nov 15, 2014
. shocked

1 Like

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by forreelinc(m): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2014
This story has been on for months now please change topic
1. Nigerians you want to defeat boko-haram? Then work with government on it rather than childish tribal/party rivalry, let's establish a platform to fight terrorism enact programmes like neighbourhood watch, attack shelters/relief shelters, counter terrorism symposiums(reporting suspicious situations can go a long way to save your life),sponsor r&d(even though na 1 kobo you get bring, it takes little drops of water to make an ocean),support and stabilize the legal structure of the country to prosecute criminals effectively no matter their status,support our own private military contractors/consultants to provide their own quota to fighting terrorism,support/motivate the troops and make their living conditions a lot better 2. let our money go into this let our lobbying go into this, celebs "give back to society"? Don't just drop rice with orphanages and shine teeth for camera instead donate to this counter terrorist campaign,religion is the opium of the nigerian people church as una dey collect tithe make collections to support this campaign as well, if government won't do it does not mean we should not try As for america fine they suck and we can do without them as friends but at the same time it is not a good idea to make them into an enemy so all these western hypocrisy talk is useless at this point, democracy does not only mean "rights" of the citizens people also forget that gov't by the people also means that Your duties and obligations are necessary as well. Nigerians #WakeUp
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Matttthew(m): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2014
brainpower:

My brother, technically US owes him protection cos they are the world power and get involved where any country is being threatened by war or violence. Boko haram has been designated a terrorist group so US should come in. And moreover, we want to buy these aircrafts, its not dash as so to we won't return them in good form. They are ours.

America is just beating about the bush. They killed Gaddafi in cold blood, they were sponsoring ISIS before but now ISIS has gotten out of control. We refused to legalize same sex marriage and thses are the reasons why they stopped buying our oil and don't want to sell arms. If we decide to build our own military equipments they will make sure they frustrate it with the help of the UN. US are opportunists and every country in the world can see them as such and that's why they facing so much opposition.
I love this man...... thumbs up!!!
U er really brain-power.
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by rawpadgin(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2014
loswhite:
hope you are included, abi u no get certificate ?
oh yes, I've got diploma in biz admin, @ the moment i work in one of the spdc facility.
but soon i will quit my job to focus more on my company
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by mmark12(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Either you're a serious supporter of boko haram or you need a A BRAIN INJECTION. Which America are you talking about? The one that established a torture Island called Guantamo Bay, massacred several thousand innocent people in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq etc, in their search for imaginary chemical weapons, terrorists and ultimately, Bin Laden. The invasion of Iraq without United nation isn't it a violation of human rights? We should not fall for America's old tricks of hiding under human rights violations to commit crimes. We all know the kind of evil state of Israel is committing on regular basis in middle east, yet, America remains their biggest supporter and biggest arms suppliers. What of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, despite reported human rights violations in those countries, America supplies them arms.
The bottom line is that America is not comfortable seeing the emergence of a strong African nation, economically, militarily and otherwise. Unfortunately for them, Nigeria is a moving train.

hahaha, Nigeria is indeed a moving train to the bottom of the ocean - OLODO

If they give u a US passport, u probably be the first person to run away from the Banana Republic of Nigeria - HYPOCRITE

2 Likes

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by FEMoxylian: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2014
Bokoharam would have bombed it down or seize it from the military and use it to capture more northern towns anyway.......
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by tuetaraya(m): 9:30am On Nov 15, 2014
bandisandi:
They raised two reasons for not selling weapons to Nigeria.
1: Nigeria military has been abusing the natural human rights of these terrorists
2: Nigeria military lacks the technical-know-how to handle the so called sophisticated weapon..

MY REPLY
1- why should soldiers respect their right when they themselves are denying others the ultimate right toLIFE. I say to hell with their rightz.
2- How sophisticated can a weapon be that people won't know how to use it Are they judging level of intelligence by skin colour
In short, US is doing these because they still felt hurt about how Nigeria was not transparent with them when they imported expertise and services to Nigeria. It dents a great blow on their reputation that the almighty US Can't locate and rescue kidnapped girls in the forest.
TOO BAAAAD!!!
you are very right, Americans are biased, after spending so much money on training the Iraq army they couldn't even stand ISIS,

1 Like

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by mmark12(m): 9:31am On Nov 15, 2014
stardragon:
Nigeria should russia, i heard russia produces better militry hadware's than u.s, and that's why they are afried of them.

*ANY WERE RUSSIA SHOW FACE, U.S GO TEAR RACE(LIONS AND ANTELOPE)*

WHERE / WHO IS YOUR SOURCE regarding Russia producing better hardware than US. i m waiting. Nigerian liars
Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 15, 2014
jeje123:
I dont blame US imaging 2 helicopter crash within a week by Nigerian Army. Bounced of olodo!
Thank you. The ones we have, its either BH ceases it or they crash it. Imagine close to two weeks has past now since the news came out that their so called ceasefire was a lie and that shekau is indeed alive and they cannot even come and explain anything to us. They sit there and pass the blame to US who can guaranty the safety of lives of their own citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 15, 2014
Ideyontop:

Well,this is the only sensible answer I have seen as to the reason they refused to sell us military hardwares!

United State is only being careful cause Nigeria military is not stable at all and compromised. Today they will rescue a territory from BH, tomorrow we will hear another new BH has re-captured it. Put yourself in US shoes. As for buying arms from Russia. We all know Russia sees every country in this earth as boxers and them(Russia) the Boxing RING lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by lustra89(m): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2014
dnt u knw obama vs US, is kind of angry wit nigeria,, they ask us, for a permission to establish a strong military base in 9ja, we refused, they as us to give ryt to same sex marriage we refused, they ask us to sign a deal,,for free market system, btw them n other Ecowas country, we refused n even threaten other Ecowas country nt to sign such deal, or stand a chance of losing economic relation wit 9ja, nw do u fink they are happy wit us,, dnt be surprise dis guys might finally be d onces supplyin weapons to d soul called BH, nw dis guys are seeing us as a threat infuture, secondly,
2- since we arebuying these tins,and nt leasing them, wat is ur bizness, even if we use them to park waste, or fire woods,as fela did to his limousine, while IBB, was still using such,as his presidental official car,
3- i fink d nigerian military on it own, is also a big problem,since we stil have some religious bigot, tribalist, corrupt officiers, n theives, in within them,, to be sincere dis soul called military sometime do violates humans right,,
bt if the US can do this nw, and wen we needed ebola trial vaccine, and also wen they wia giving military aid to some african countries, dat even had more cases of human right violation issues than nigeria, such as rewanda, uganda,etc, nw we shud fink of wat they we do to us wen we have on other alternatives,,, to me, dis US Pples are cunny, they av no good intentions for us,,, they are no ally,and are evil, ,,,,,,thanks

1 Like

Re: Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US by FEMoxylian: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2014
USA knows what they are doing. Bokoharam would have bombed it down or seize it from the military and use it to capture more towns.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ / Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Welcomes Triplets, All Boys - Ragnar, Aiden, Liam / Ministerial List: Bola Tinubu Loses Out - Daily Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.