Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,432 members, 7,881,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

I Will Challenge Jonathan For PDP Ticket – Tafawa-balewa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Challenge Jonathan For PDP Ticket – Tafawa-balewa (509 Views)

I Will Challenge Buhari Victory In Court / Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship / Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Challenge Jonathan For PDP Ticket – Tafawa-balewa by Back2seder: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
November 14, 2014by Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja
8 Comments
Dr. Abdul-Jhalil Tafawa-Balewa, who is a son of the late Prime -Minister of Nigeria, Tafawa Balewa, has promised to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan for the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party.
The aspirant spoke with journalists in Abuja on Friday when he returned his presidential nomination and expression of interest forms to the office of the National Organising Secretary of the party, Alhaji Abubakar Mustapha.
He said he had filled the forms and was sure of defeating President Jonathan, adding that the President has refused to do some basic things needed to benefit the lives of ordinary Nigerians.
Apart from him, another aspirants who showed interest in the race against the President was Prof. Akasoba Duke-Abiola.
They were initially turned back by the party’s leadership, who claimed that the only presidential form it printed was meant for President Jonathan.
However, Prof. Duke-Abiola was yet to be sold the form, even though she had also paid for them. But she had filed a suit to challenge the decision of the party for its refusal to sell the form to her.
Speaking on his aspiration, Tafawa-Balewa said it was true that he visited the home of a foremost Ijaw Leader, Chief Edwin Clark in Abuja on November 6, where he claimed he was steeping down for the President.
He nevertheless claimed that he didn’t know that journalists had been planted in the house and that he was not there to speak with the journalists.
Tafawa -Balewa said that it was because of the respect he had for the former minister of information that made him to concur with all he said concerning his alleged withdrawing from the race for the President.
He said, “I’m here to submit my form for the presidential race. Did I ever tell anyone that I have withdrawn from the race? I went to the house of Clark for another thing and he said another thing during his press conference. It was Clark who said I was withdrawing. We need a change as too many people are suffering and are in poverty
“I never withdrew from the race. There was no agreement with anyone that I was doing so. But I said that I agree to everything Edwin Clark said. I never, ever said I was withdrawing.
“I didn’t know that there would be journalists waiting for me at Edwin Clark’s house. I only went there to see him. I’m not working for any tribe or individuals. I’m genuinely in the race.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-challenge-jonathan-for-pdp-ticket-tafawa-balewa/
Re: I Will Challenge Jonathan For PDP Ticket – Tafawa-balewa by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hian!. Who knows him? #yimu
Ayamlaykorn
Re: I Will Challenge Jonathan For PDP Ticket – Tafawa-balewa by Niwdog(m): 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ths man is wasting his time and resources, who know am for nigeria??

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Police Force, GEJ, Jumping Gates NASS Members: What's The Game Plan / Photos:president Jonathan Visits Chadian President, Idriss Deby / Boko Haram Letter Tactic Scares Thousands Away From Ancient Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.