Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,371 members, 7,940,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States (1284 Views)

Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder) / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? / Was Jesus Married And Did He Fake His Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by lovelyronke20(f): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
I can't believe that some people will write a book and state that Jesus was married to Mary Magadalene (Bride of God) and they had two kids (Ephraim and Menassah) Seriously?? They state that they got the evidence from a lost book.. This really is annoying.. How can someone state something like that.. I think you authors need to go online and do more research because Ephraim and Menassah were Joseph and Asenath children and not Jesus and Mary Magadalene..What do you guys think?

http://www.temisblog.com/2014/11/was-jesus-married-with-children.html

Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by thorpido(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
People will write all kinds of nonsense.
Some to sell their books and some to carry out the devil's works.
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by lovelyronke20(f): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
thorpido:
People will write all kinds of nonsense.
Some to sell their books and some to carry out the devil's works.

The authors even claim they have evidences am like seriously??
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by thorpido(m): 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
lovelyronke20:

The authors even claim they have evidences am like seriously??
They wlll present whatever they have and claim it's the evidence.
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by tchigofigo(m): 6:33am On Nov 16, 2014
well, it's nt new..DAN BROWN tried it with his best sellers.,'the da vinci code' and dt was all there is to it..a 'best seller' n an 'interesting book'.,nothing more!
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 16, 2014
The same way protestants always bring crap and say, 'Mary has another children' whereas, they belong to another women.

Well, I didn't expect heretics to have superb bible understanding. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 16, 2014
No be today we start to dey hear all these things na, the anti christ and his cohorts should try a newer trick. END TIME THINGS.
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2014
lovelyronke20:
I can't believe that some people will write a book and state that Jesus was married to Mary Magadalene (Bride of God) and they had two kids (Ephraim and Menassah) Seriously?? They state that they got the evidence from a lost book.. This really is annoying.. How can someone state something like that.. I think you authors need to go online and do more research because Ephraim and Menassah were Joseph and Asenath children and not Jesus and Mary Magadalene..What do you guys think?

op you sound more worried than Jesus himself, dont you know what the Word says about apostasy in the endtime?
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by LordReed(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2014
lovelyronke20:

The book they found was not about Jesus however the authors decided to speculate that it could have been about Jesus.
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by mesoade(m): 8:14am On Nov 16, 2014
What do you expect when atheists and theologers devoid of the holy spirit publishes books?
There's even one i watched that mary magdalene was the girlfriend of jesus . .because as at dat tym,almst evry guy dia had a girlfriend an since mary was close to jesus,mary magdalene is jesus's Girlfriend
All i can say is,"father forgive them cos they don't know what they are doing"
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2014
mesoade:
What do you expect when atheists and theologers devoid of the holy spirit publishes books?
There's even one i watched that mary was the girlfriend of jesus . .because as at dat tym,almst evry guy dia had a girlfriend an since mary was close to jesus,mary is jesus's Girlfriend
All i can say is,"father forgive them cos they don't know what they are doing"

Be specific.

The only genuine Mary is mother of Jesus.

You mean, 'Mary Magdalene' or 'Mary of Cleopas'? Etc. undecided
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by mesoade(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

Be specific.

The only genuine Mary is mother of Jesus.

You mean, 'Mary Magdalene' or 'Mary of Cleopas'? Etc. undecided
magdalene
Re: Was Jesus Married With Children? Shocking New Book States by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Nowhere in the NT does it state Jesus was not married. There is nothing more important to a Jew than to get married. (Gen.2:24) For the Jewish People to get married or to be a married man is taken for granted. If Jesus had not been married we would have more than several statements to that effect.

The clues are in the NT. Jesus was addressed as Rabbi and in many other instances he was addressed as Master which means the same. In Israel, then and today, one had to be a married man or about to get married in order to be eligible for ordination, as such the Initiate would undergo the ceremonial "mikveh" or submersion in waters and, if not married yet, had to take care of that piece of business before "ordination." Whether Jesus was an ordained Rabbi or not is largely irrelevant, the inference is quite clear.

After Jesus' submersion in the Jordan River by Yohann, He was seen during the next two days recruiting his disciples and on his way to Galilee. Then on the third day after his mikveh, the family and friends were celebrating a wedding in Cana. In my view it is likely that wedding was between Jesus and Mary of Magdala, we know that according to custom, usually the mother of the Bride would be in charge of the celebrations, likely Mary's parents had passed away, an assumption based on the premise that she lived with her sister Martha and brother Lazarus in Bethany. Actually, they lived with Mary who was the one well-to-do. Martha would pay her room-and-board as a maiden servant, and Lazarus... probably a lay-about taking advantage of his rich sister. He was probably a sick man anyway.

Back to the wedding, Jesus' mother Mary likely had to be hostess. Also, according to the custom, the Bridegroom was in charge of providing for the guests, especially wine, which we are assured Jesus ensured was of the best quality.

After the wedding, most of Jesus' comings-and-goings were from and to Bethany, the home of Mary. Whenever Jesus would return from his missionary campaigns throughout Israel, the destination was Bethany, to his wife obviously, but although most the time Mary Magdalene would follow Jesus as his beloved disciple, it was never as one of the Twelve. The Church later inserted John as the "beloved disciple" for the simple reason of masking the probable fact that Jesus was married to Mary of Magdala.

Are there any hints of a romantic approach prior to or after the probable wedding? Of course! In Bethany - where else? - when Mary was smearing Jesus' body with that expensive perfume, we all know that Mary did not just throw that perfume at him from afar. Definitely not! she smeared him almost all over even in sensual terms so much so that some of the guests thought it unbecoming. Anyone who knows anything about Jewish customs understands that an unmarried woman cannot even address a Rabbi directly let alone lay her hands on one, the disciples complained only of the cost of the "Oil", the inference is clear...she was his wife.

While everyone else including his friend Nicodemus would address Jesus as Rabbi, Mary would call him "Rabboni," a colloquial term used as an expression of love, especially by a Rabbi's wife. It also means "Master of my suffering,"

This term "Raboni", or Master of my sufferings, is such a solemn and love-tender expression in Hebrew and Aramaic that only seldom is it ever used out of the frame of deep love. The utter misery dejection and pain suffered by Mary of Magdala at the crucifixion of Jesus can only be understood by another woman. Clearly, she loved him.

It makes no sense in the context of First Century Palestine to state that Jesus was not a married man.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

19 Effective Ways To Grow The Church With Bulk Sms Service In Nigeria / Scriptures Expounded - Jesus, The Son Of Joseph - Luke 3:23 / What If The Universe Is A Test Experiment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.