Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:08 AM

Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). (1864 Views)

Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) / A Call On Lagos State Govt (ago Palace Road Rehabilitation). / Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Louis88: 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
I am very much aware of the fact that no matter the amount of good that you do everybody cannot like you or say well done to you,so bearing that in mind I decided to post this piece.

The aim of this piece is to try and enlighten some who do not neccessarily have access to some of the information out there. This piece shows with pictorial evidence some of the achievements of the GEJ administration in the construction of roads and bridges through the subsidy reinvestment programme(SURE-P).

The SURE-P intervention in Roads and Bridges has resulted in a number of significant turn-around in the pace of critical road infrastructure provision. For instance, Abuja-Lokoja, Benin-Ore-Shagamu, Kano-Maiduguri and the East-West Road Section 3 (PH to Eket) roads, have recorded appreciable progress following the investment made by SURE-P on them.

The on-going strategic roads include, the Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Dual Carriageway (200 km 75% completed) Benin-Ore-Sagamu Dual Carriageway (295 km 90% completed) Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway (317km under construction), and the Kano-Maiduguri Dual Carriageway (510km 90% completed).

In addition, the SURE-P intervention mandate on roads and bridges extends to ensuring the construction and completion of the 2km Oweto Bridge.

Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Louis88: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
Some more pics

Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Countryman93: 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
I look forward to see how people will dispute this piece considering the fact that I can see the dates displayed on some of the pictures,so they are all projects on ground and not white elephant projects like some people will want to claim.carry on louis88,shed light into the dark.
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Bukkyade: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2014
It is never in doubt that SURE P is doing a good job on our major highways.
Unlike Buhari's PTF which concentrated only on Northern roads, SURE P is working across the entire length and breadth of Nigeria.
They did a wonderful job on the Abuja-Lokoja road. Anybody who plies that road recently will attest the sufficient progess so far.
I'm impressed.
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Mandelaguy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
Countryman93:
I look forward to see how people will dispute this piece considering the fact that I can see the dates displayed on some of the pictures,so they are all projects on ground and not white elephant projects like some people will want to claim.carry on louis88,shed light into the dark.

grin grin grin wait till the APC goons come and tell you that the dates don't matter.
They always have a way of discrediting visible achievements of President Jonathan on this platform.
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Vogue50: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
SURE-P is really making impacts on our infrastructure. I thought it would be another bogus government agency without value-adding projects to show. But I was very impressed with the work that was done on the Abuja - Lokoja axis of the Abuja - Benin highway. I understand that SURE-P contributed a considerable amount of money to the project. Work is also ongoing from the Benin end of the road. I hope these roads and the many others which SURE-P is involved in will be completed as soon as possible.

SURE-P has so far shown that using the subsidy savings to fund infrastructure development benefits people more than when subsidies were embezzled by a few. I hope they continue to fund valuable projects across the nation.

5 Likes

Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Zutchy: 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
Mandelaguy:

grin grin grin wait till the APC goons come and tell you that the dates don't matter.
They always have a way of discrediting visible achievements of President Jonathan on this platform.
before nko,they must talk,won't they earn their keep, and this is nairaland after all,everybody has a voice
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by uzomagic(m): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
Louis88:
I am very much aware of the fact that no matter the amount of good that you do everybody cannot like you or say well done to you,so bearing that in mind I decided to post this piece.

The aim of this piece is to try and enlighten some who do not neccessarily have access to some of the information out there. This piece shows with pictorial evidence some of the achievements of the GEJ administration in the construction of roads and bridges through the subsidy reinvestment programme(SURE-P).

The SURE-P intervention in Roads and Bridges has resulted in a number of significant turn-around in the pace of critical road infrastructure provision. For instance, Abuja-Lokoja, Benin-Ore-Shagamu, Kano-Maiduguri and the East-West Road Section 3 (PH to Eket) roads, have recorded appreciable progress following the investment made by SURE-P on them.

The on-going strategic roads include, the Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Dual Carriageway (200 km 75% completed) Benin-Ore-Sagamu Dual Carriageway (295 km 90% completed) Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway (317km under construction), and the Kano-Maiduguri Dual Carriageway (510km 90% completed).

In addition, the SURE-P intervention mandate on roads and bridges extends to ensuring the construction and completion of the 2km Oweto Bridge.
The achievements of the sure-p initiative are fruits of a corageous decision to reduce waste of precious resources thru subsidy payment. It also helps to address the imbalance in distribution of resources and to ensure that the masses benefit from the country's wealth in terms of infrastructure and other basic needs.
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Goddex: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
OP, good job
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Zutchy: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2014
What amazes me in all this sure-p talk is the fact that there are a whole lot of projects in different sectors going on in different parts of the country,all funded by sure-p,and this sure-p money is money that could have gone into the pockets of a few powerful and fraudulent individuals in the name of fuel subsidy,yet look at the amount of good that has been done with this money,impacting on millions of lives. Abeg GEJ carry on and even remove subsidy totally sef.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by ubandire(m): 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
My own is that my cousin has secured a Job through their GIS Scheme. She was attached to a drilling firm and they retained her.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Dollarman101: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
[/b]Let me book this space[b]

[/b]But until I return, JONATHAN's victory is SURE like SURE P[b].... cheesy
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Arobam: 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
I drove through the Eket(Akwa Ibom) section of the East-West road to Port Harcourt. The road was quite good.
Little did I know that SURE-P funds were used to construct the road. It's remarkable and I urge the President to prevail on SURE P committee to intervene in all the other sections and ensure that East-West road is completed before 2015.
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by TrueNaijaguy: 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
This is highly commendable. Investing in road infrastructure will certainly boost our economy. Kudos to GEJ for this initiating the SURE-Programme. Please I will like to have more information on the Rail Transport intervention by SURE-P cos I heard they are doing a lot in that sector too.
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Zutchy: 6:46am On Nov 16, 2014
^^^ Yes indeed. SURE-P's contribution to rail is very impressive. They have funded the Abuja intra-city transit. They have also funded the expansion of rail networks across the country.

I think SURE-P has done so much to support infrastructural development across the country. They are helping to build roads and other physical infrastructure across the six geopolitical zones of the country. Many people are not aware of some of these major projects. Perhaps the government should do more to publicize these projects.
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by mrvitalis(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2014
first all the road i know in that list are bad.....east west road.....enugu port Harcourt roads
Re: Sure-p Intervention (road Rehabilitation And Construction). by Bukkyade: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
mrvitalis:
first all the road i know in that list are bad.....east west road.....enugu port Harcourt roads

Many of the sections of east west roads have been completed. I passed through the PH end last 2 weeks and it was in good shape.
Let us not be serial critics. If we see a good achievement by govt, we acknowledge it.

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal To Go For Sokoto State Governor.... / Why Did The British Hand Over Power To Tafawa Balewa In 1960? / Impeachment: Jonathan Tells Fayose To Resign, Says Time Of Impunity Is Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.