Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,863 members, 7,942,162 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" (705 Views)

National Association Of Proprietors Of Private School, Rivers State Chapter / For Secondary Sch's Proprietors, Principals, Head Teachers & Sch Managers Only / The Origin Of The Word Oyibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by kayce911(f): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
Is now a general trend for business owners,schools and hotels to use the word "international" to mean quality or a thing of high standard.In Nigeria you will stumble into such names as right brain international school,Kerytel international hotel or some thing like Emeka international ventures, even when the so call investment exist only in the shores of Nigeria. The last time I checked oxford dictionary defined "international" to mean "happening or existing between two or more nations" .
Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by kayce911(f): 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
Please any one with a contrary meaning or reasons for such trend should please feel free to comment.
Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by cecejobs(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
Like seriously, the 1st time I heard such; ***Int'l High school, I wz expecting to see a gigantic school with world class standard, but what I saw made me shiver that day. Its very common in Osun state for schs. #nonsense
Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by kayce911(f): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
grin grin grin grin
cecejobs:
Like seriously, the 1st time I heard such; ***Int'l High school, I wz expecting to see a gigantic school with world class standard, but what I saw made me shiver that day. Its very common in Osun state for schs. #nonsense
Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by heykims(m): 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
cecejobs:
So na only Osun dem dey abi? Ode oshi, abi kuku confess say u never explore Nigerian soil beyond d boundary of the State of Osun.
Op, na just packaging jare, except u wan gist us d constitutional point of view...
Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by JEITO: 1:17am On Nov 16, 2014
I tink the use of "international" is a marketing strategy aimed at hyping the school to make it sound tushed.

Reminds me of frank donga that wanted to travel to america to boost his professional profile grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by kayce911(f): 6:40am On Nov 16, 2014
That's funny indeed
JEITO:
I tink the use of "international" is a marketing strategy aimed at hyping the school to make it sound tushed.

Reminds me of frank donga that wanted to travel to america to boost his professional profile grin grin
Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by kayce911(f): 6:43am On Nov 16, 2014
If he doesn't rep his state who will ?
heykims:

So na only Osun dem dey abi? Ode oshi, abi kuku confess say u never explore Nigerian soil beyond d boundary of the State of Osun.
Op, na just packaging jare, except u wan gist us d constitutional point of view...
Re: What Do Proprietors Mean By The Word "International" by cecejobs(m): 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
heykims:

. Please read very well before commenting. I do hope your eye saw where I wrote 'its very COMMON in Osun state.' Does that mean to you I primarily said its only existing in Osun state?

(1) (Reply)

CBSE 12th Result 2015 For Problem Solving Assessment / Fun Facts For Facts Lover / How To Use The Apostrophe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.