Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,253 members, 7,977,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 12:38 PM

1Asiwaju's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1Asiwaju's Profile / 1Asiwaju's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Culture / Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by 1Asiwaju(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
hitman2911:
Every town has its own perculiarity and history. Comparison of Abeokuta with Ibadan in terms of number of kings does not hold water. Abeokuta is a commonwealth of Egba, Owu, Yewa, Ijaiye and other people. Ake, Owu, Ibara and Ijaiye were towns on their own likewise Oke - Ona and Gbagura also had many towns and villages back then
These people took refuge from war at different time in history in Abeokuta. Abeokuta kings were beaded kings for many generations before migrating to the current site now called Abeokuta today.
Ibadan was part of Egba old location before they were pushed to Abeokuta. Ibadan was a war camp and was ruled in succession by the war lords who were Magajis of their family.This history of having various strong warlords made Ibadan to refuse monarch system .Baale of Ibadan was a subject of Alaafin as at then. Olubadan was given beaded crown around 1940's in order to be in tune with reality of time. Olubadan cannot be a Baale when Ibadan was the biggest city in Africa then.
The high chiefs have been classified as 2nd class rulers for a long time but now conferred with crowns but now as 2nd class kings.
Every king has his own domain but this newly elevated kings will be ruling over their family except the Baales who were in charge of various villages.
There is a need for Ibadan kingship to be decentralised but this recent development seems to be full of errors.
The Nigerian kings in general are more or less a conduit for unnecessary expenditures. What is their function in a democratic setting? Every king should take of himself not constituting unnecessary burden to the people.
let's hear word
Education / Re: The Saddening Collapse Of Education In Nigeria by 1Asiwaju(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2017
DanielsParker:
lol.werey wetin be .?
Politics / Re: Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) by 1Asiwaju(m): 4:13am On Sep 17, 2017
puzzlegate:
j Listen to who is calling someone that schooled in England an illiterate. reread what you wrote and correct your wrong grammar to start with.
English is a language!! and not a measure of one's intelligence bro ! No qualms tho

6 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Innoson Releases 4x4 IVM Carrier (Photos) by 1Asiwaju(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2017
1Asiwaju:

Like the igbos own their oil Wells??! I can't laff the emirs own almost 99% .The emirs in ilorin are ceremonial figure heads unlike those who own the oil Wells in the east.
the last time I checked an emir is the head on NNPC NIGERIAS own oil company
I don't know wht you​ gain by insulting yourselves
Am igbo i don't blame the yorubas for my great-grandfather failures was Any of the igbo politician in support of our first Biafra! u pile all the nonsense we create on theYorubas .Tell thehausas who kill us in enugu and north daily.How many times have Yorubas wage ethnic wars on us? stop this malady
Car Talk / Re: Innoson Releases 4x4 IVM Carrier (Photos) by 1Asiwaju(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2017
cstr1000:

The last time i checked igboland has no Emir and it is governed by igbos.
Like the igbos own their oil Wells??! I can't laff the emirs own almost 99% .The emirs in ilorin are ceremonial figure heads unlike those who own the oil Wells in the east.
the last time I checked an emir is the head on NNPC NIGERIAS own oil company
Car Talk / Re: Innoson Releases 4x4 IVM Carrier (Photos) by 1Asiwaju(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2017
liberalsinnerx:

When people like Emir of Kano tell you that these people are the problem of Nigeria, believe him. I never seen a people as envious as afonjas in my life.
funny enuf.the afonjas are not a defeated nation who will wait a hundred yrs to rule their father's land lol like the defeated ojukwus mad men.Igbos and thier treacherous life
Phones / Re: How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre by 1Asiwaju(m): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2017
joey150:
You bought a camon c9 and so we deserve to read your epistle.

Whatever happaned is between you and tecno even if you walked through the valley of the shadow of death...
lol

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.