Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,821 members, 7,979,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:10 PM

1mole1's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1mole1's Profile / 1mole1's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by 1mole1: 7:39am On Jan 27, 2021
Good morning Fam. Please I have some questions regarding NOCs. Does one have to meet the requirement for education for the chosen NOC? For example, my friend's JD includes:
1.collecting and analyzing financial report
2. Ensuring the integrity of departmental expenses
3. Interpreting financial reports
4. Treating of vouchers
5. Coordination of presentation of the budget for the year

The issue is the fact that this NOC requires completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting)
or
Courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk which she doesn't have as she studied economics in Uni and currently works as a Budget Officer. Or should she choose 1114 for financial officers? She's a bit confused as to which NOC best suits her JD

Thank you for your anticipated kind advice
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2020
Are you looking for a place in Calgary to quarantine or stay briefly for about 2 weeks to 1 month, if yes, send a mail to 1mole1nairaland@gmail.com to reserve your space

3 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 8:56am On Aug 22, 2020
Are you in need of a place to quarantine in *Calgary* when you land for just 2 weeks? If yes, Living Christ Evangelical Mission has a solution to this. Mail Pastor Jumoke via jumokeolatunde@yahoo.co.uk to book your stay in advance *for free*

10 Likes 6 Shares

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 1mole1: 8:52am On Aug 22, 2020
Are you in need of a place to quarantine in *Calgary* when you land for just 2 weeks? If yes, Living Christ Evangelical Mission has a solution to this. Mail Pastor Jumoke via jumokeolatunde@yahoo.co.uk to book your stay in advance *for free*

3 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 10:20pm On May 21, 2020
If you're a female (single or with kids) looking to share a 2bed 2 bathroom in Calgary, send a mail to 1mole1nairaland@gmail.com

1 Like

Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2019
Steather:

Everybody must land before the COPR/PR visa expiry whether PA or dependants, the only caveat is PA must land alongside everyone or land first.
They can't land just anytime. Their CopR must still be valid

Thanks. I get it now
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Blackbuddy:

Yes, the primary applicant can arrive before the rest of the family. Keep in mind that they have to land before the expiration of their COPR, all the best with your endeavors.

Thanks. So if medicals expire March and primary applicant lands in March, others can't land in May? I was told they can land anytime after the PA
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please can a primary applicant do soft landing 1st before the rest of the family
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by 1mole1: 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
Good day great people. My friend wants to go for PNP but I told him he doesn't need it. I'm here to seek your opinion.

He's 30 with only Bsc Education and 1 year Nysc experience. I told him to go for PGD because masters will take almost 2 years but the issue is that whether its masters or PGD, he'd still not have enough points because 1 and 2 years experience have the same points using the CRS calculator.

Please what do you suggest as he can't wait 2 more years just to get experience
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by 1mole1: 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please does WES positively evaluate diploma from Nigerian Institute of Management ?

Also, please does anyone have a reliable contact at Tai Solar in University of Education?

Thanks
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
wyzoe:
Please I need advice.

Between WES, IQAS and CES from University of Toronto, which is better for ECA (for a law degree)?

Thanks.

IQAS

1 Like

Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2019
oluayebenz:

Don't just apply on getting to Canada to avoid denied....

Apply when you got a job, give time like 3months and apply, you still need to show a little tie to Canada, remember you still hold a green passport

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I'm grateful
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 9:24am On Jul 13, 2019
anfanio:

As a Canadian resident you are required to apply for Visa from your country of residence (Canada) but since you have not landed I would suggest you should not 'create' stories for yourself. Go to Canada apply from Canada and let your Dad apply for US visa alone. Be mindful you have a resident "visa".

Thanks. My fear is being denied applying from Canada or Nigeria. That's why I want to know where I'm likely to be given the visa before applying

1 Like

Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
Well done great people. As a permanent resident of Canada who is still in Nigeria without any travel history, what are my chances of getting a visa with my father to visit my brother who has a green card and will sponsoring the trip?

My only ties to Nigeria are my spouse and child.

Is it better for me to first travel to Canada as a Permanent Resident and apply for US visa from there? Is there a likelihood of me being given from Canada rather than from Nigeria?

I'd appreciate your responses
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 1:05pm On May 09, 2019
She was asked about her husband's salary but she omitted that information mistakenly. Can she change this in her form now?
She doesn't have a child yet but her parents and siblings are in Nigeria. Are those ties strong enough?

OmoBendel24:

Is there anywhere in that form where she's asked her husband's earnings? I doubt.... It is never a good idea for an adult to be sponsored on a vacation trip by someone outside of immediate family, except for few exceptions which I doubt this one qualifies for, maybe you could throw some light here.

I actually can't comment on their chances too
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 12:59pm On May 09, 2019
Since he has more money than the husband
Opeyemi007:

I'm sorry o, but why would her husband's boss sponsor her? What are her ties to nigeria?
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 12:17pm On May 09, 2019
Seyewest, Omobendel and other seniors, please help

1mole1:
Good Morning. Please I have 2 questions
1. My friend wants to change her sponsor to her husband's boss after filling the form and paying. Is this possible

2. Will there be a problem if she didn't write the amount her husband earns while filling the form

3. She lives in Nigeria while her husband has been working in Dubai for about 3 years now though he comes to Nigeria once a year and she has gone to see him once too, they don't have a child yet and are going to visit her uncle. What are the chances of her and her hubby getting the visa
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 12:16pm On May 09, 2019
Seyewest, omobendel and other seniors, please help

1mole1:
1. My friend wants to change her sponsor to her husband's boss after filling the form and paying. Is this possible

2. Will there be a problem if she didn't write the amount her husband earns while filling the form

3. She lives in Nigeria while her husband has been working in Dubai for about 3 years now though he comes to Nigeria once a year and she has gone to see him once too, they don't have a child yet and are going to visit her uncle. What are the chances of her and her hubby getting the visa
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 12:20am On May 09, 2019

Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1mole1: 10:23pm On Apr 09, 2019
Please is it one confirmation number for the whole family if they're going together? Filled the forms and i have only confirmation number of my husband. Did i do it correctly?
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 1mole1: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
9jaincanada:

As you will be crossing over into a new career bridging programs might not be a fit for you. Most HR entry job postings require that you have at least a diploma in Human Resources Management. I would advice that you do the same too as the workplace environment is very different (unionized and non-unionized) when compared to Nigeria. If you are looking to take a course before you arrive in Canada, this would be to your advantage as you will be job ready by the time you land in Canada. There are a variety of universities and colleges you can apply to, ashton college offers both online and in-class Human Resources Programs https://www.ashtoncollege.ca/programs/human-resources-management/ . I hope this helps, best wishes.

Thanks a lot

4 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 1mole1: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
omohakin:
Yes. You can drop ur email, I'll forward to you

Sent you a pm. Awaiting your response. Thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 1mole1: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
Please does anyone have a contact in immigration office, Osogbo?
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 1mole1: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2018
StKizito2:

I don't know if it's called a bridging course but you need to get certification check this website chrp.com. also a good way to prep for is to do a [post graduate diploma in HR

Thanks
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 1mole1: 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
1mole1:
As a lawyer in Nigeria who wants to go into HR in Canada, will I do some bridging courses there or do I have to get a degree there? Are some online courses I can take while in Nigeria to make it faster instead of waiting till I get there?

Please can someone help out? I remember someone once talked about professional exams to take for HRs but I'm not quite sure of the process through I've tried searching the thread for it.
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 1mole1: 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
As a lawyer in Nigeria who wants to go into HR in Canada, will I do some bridging courses there or do I have to get a degree there? Are some online courses I can take while in Nigeria to make it faster instead of waiting till I get there?

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 1mole1: 8:11am On Aug 29, 2018
Grace19:
I have sent you a pm. Awaiting a response

I have replied
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 1mole1: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Amen. Thanks.

Please can I send you a Pm?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 1mole1: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2018
Grace19:
It is well. I noticed a lot has changed on this thread, people getting rude about info, people getting really heady. I really think everyone of us here has been through a cloudy stage at one time or the other and need support. Sometimes page 1 isn't really clear about some questions, if u have an answer to such question, kindly respond and if you don't feel like responding please just ignore. The time used to respond in a rude way is better used giving a timely response. I thought this was a support group
Anyway, in other news....any one with a contact in OAU registry postgraduate school should kindly respond. Thank u

You can send me a pm
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 1mole1: 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2018
Congratulations elfmanisback and balogunsam

1 Like

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.