Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,685 members, 7,972,540 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:38 PM

1ord's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1ord's Profile / 1ord's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 3:24am On Sep 04, 2014
davidylan:

I asked you a very simple question. It is either you know the answer or not rather than whining all over the place.

You agree with the thread that atheists are more "moral" than christians... well can you DEFINE what "moral" means and by what metric it is measured? Very simple.
All these questions can be found answered on other threads. The ignorance of you religious ilks worry me
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 3:18am On Sep 04, 2014
frosbel:

but this blood sucking god does not exist, why should it bother you so deeply that you feel the need to rant against him , does this not make you confused and almost a psychiatric case , lol.

You say he does not exist, yet you and your bandwagon of 'there is no GOD screamers ' keep opening articles and writing topics to attack this god who does not exist.

Weird folk !
Because your ilk folks disturb us by letting your individual religion dictate laws we are collectively judged by. Furthermore your brain dead folks are constantly manipulated into fighting wars committing mass genocide and engaging on stupid religious wars. "Religious wars are wars fought on who has the best imaginary friend " Napolien Bonaparte. fUrthermore why do christians feel they have the right to comment on anything to do with morality. History itself reveals that The cathlic church has been the most opressive regime, killed the most people and engaged heavily in mass genocide. Their heroes saul, joshua, abraham and what not all engaged in mass genocide so what can we expect.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 3:12am On Sep 04, 2014
davidylan:

Very simple question - what is your definition of "morality"?
anything that furthers human existence as a collective unit and the definition of the law and Logic. I hate st.up.id people.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 3:11am On Sep 04, 2014
davidylan:

Believing in a theory that you cant prove is blind faith.
To ridicule others for blind faith while trying to feel your way aimlessly around a theory you cant decipher is beyond idiocy.
you are a fool the theories that science claim all have substantial proofs and have been observed . That is why science and theories work via peer review journals under severe scrutiny. Your religion is based on a 2000 year old book. Guess what! the earth is 4 billion years old. And on the basis that your Yahweh does exist the myth says only 144000 Jews will enter heaven from the 12 tribes of Israel. The id.io.t fu.cktrd who wrote that joke at that time couldn't wrap his mind around there being close to 8 billion people on earth now reason of the off chance that Yahweh is real could you be among the 1 million most holy by the book Christians or are you even Jew. The shit is joke live with that fact i could pull apart the bullshit right in front of your eyes.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 3:03am On Sep 04, 2014
frosbel:

actually there have been atheists from thousands of years ago to now , and even during the time of the apostles.

King David called those who say there is no GOD fools and so did many of the prophets and ancient believers.

Yes ,the church has a lot to answer for , but there is a big difference between rejecting the church or the mosque , and coming to a rather erroneous conclusion that God does not exit.
yh and you think your any better? The same fucking david sent a man to the front lines to die so as to f.u.k he's wife. And the joke yaweh let the child be born before killing it. The whole joke is depraved.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 3:01am On Sep 04, 2014
davidylan:

No offense but this is a pile of nonsense.

1. While accusing christians of "thinking highly of ourselves, your diatribe here is nothing more than manufactured outrage borne out of misplaced arrogance.

2. You're a "christian"? But somehow atheists are the ones with "courage" to question God? Odd thinking.

3. I'm sorry, but pls cast your mind back to what Abraham said to the rich man in hell... even if Elijah were to rise from the dead, those whose hearts have been darkened against God will NEVER believe. Trust me, we can live our actions as sanctimonious as we can YET some atheists will never believe.

4. This thread was put up by an ATHEIST, christians didnt stand on a fence blowing their horns about morality.

5. I dont understand what you mean by saying not one of us understood Jesus and Moses. Perhaps you dont but many many do understand by prayer and faith.
brahh all these are story for the gods. Who can tell obatala or sango could be the creator
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 2:58am On Sep 04, 2014
yah1:
Tell them bro
i think your yahweh is a fraud
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 2:55am On Sep 04, 2014
LordBabs: shataap! If I buy a dog with my money, and feel sèxually attracted to her, and consequently enter her, how does that restore your lost brain? Can't u just be logical for a second in your life?!
nahhh the dog does not give consent. Animal rights activist will sue your destiny.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 2:54am On Sep 04, 2014
ijawkid:

Says the almighty..also nature.....
what does this fool know about nature? please get educated.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 2:52am On Sep 04, 2014
LordBabs: daft! It's disgusting, absurd, mad...are out of it. You haven't experienced it, so how can you say it's disgusting? I think you should know that those that practise it will be the legitimate ones to tell if disgusting or not. Moreso, what is absurd to mr. A can be normal to mr. B. As regards whether it's natural or not, i think you are only seeking mischief where it's not. Do I need to teach you that SEXÛAL ATTRACTION is a natural law? So if a guy feels sexûally attracted to a guy, he shouldn't exhibit it, since it doesn't conform with your own manufactured natural law? Just look at what religion has turned you into...eviscerating and compromising the entirety of your common sense...chei!
truth is i am not against homosexuality and am an atheist but naturally it seems men should be attracted to the hormone oestrogen and women testosterone. However that doesnt seem to be the case with Homosexuals. I mean this is cause for philosophical and l
scientific debate between nature and nurture i think one cannot certainly know until science completely understands the churning of the human brain.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 2:45am On Sep 04, 2014

An atheist simply doesnt believe in god simple.

The scriptures are not clear on who Christ is (As evidenced by the numerous trinity debate threads), how can one define who a christian is? Who are you following?

Christians dont even know whether to pay tithes or not as a commandment from God.

There is no true or false christian. You are a false christian to catholics with all your failed WatchTower prophecies while catholics are fake to you with their honouring of Mary.

Jesus committed a crime and went unpunished. grin grin grin (flogging people and destroying traders' properties)

Seems justice caught up with him on the cross. He was flogged too grin grin grin

Gay marriage

Pros
-More weddings, more money spent in the economy
-More eligible parents for adoption
-More diversity in society (EU countries accept it and they prosper)
-More divorce (bad) but more money spent in the economy on lawyers
-Gay parades/festivals- more money spent in the economy

Cons
-Bigoted christians and muslims like Ijawkid become irritated
-More divorce
-Gay parades

What do you think?
Don't forget it serves to curb the exponential population growth
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 2:40am On Sep 04, 2014
ijawkid:

I know that persons who hate God can still exhibit natural qualities of goodness or some kinda morality.....

Altruism is at work there.....

Bill gates can give billions to charity ,but that same bill gates might not understand or know if homosexuality or for-nication is bad...

That's my point....

The issue of morality most times becomes subjective to atheist...because they have no standards to keep up with......

Let us ask logicboy if he understands that sexual immorality or homosexuality is a sin.....

Ask Him.....
how does giving billions to starving kids in Africa have to do with altruism. Pls dont speak of concepts you know nothing off doesn't speak well of you. Just so you know altruism is about striving to protect ones gene or genes similar to ones self so has to promote the continuation of ones gene pool. Layman's definition: Struggling to survive to pass your genes and struggling so your relatives can survive and pass on their genes. Remember for it to be altruism there has to be genetic similarity.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 12:53am On Sep 04, 2014
k2039:

I'm a theist,and I have commented.

Frankly moral uprightness has to do with the individual,its not just religion alone
Finally someone who is sane and religious
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 12:51am On Sep 04, 2014
ijawkid:

How could there be false atheist when y'all are haters of God......

You guys live by no standards....so there can't be false or good in atheism.....

And what about the persons who came merchandising in Gods house that was solely for worship..??
while trying to castigate Jesus' action you end up supporting those who made Gods house a business center....tell me you won't be happy if Jesus came flogging the present charlatans we have now parading as his followers......you for one has always been against commersialism in Gods House...
As regards the canaanite woman,if Jesus was racist he won't cure her at all...but Jesus did cure her...

And ofcus you know Jesus exuded the quality of goodness to a very high degree....

A true christian is one who doesn't act presumptuously,but follows Christs foot steps and precepts......

A true Christian is one who imitates Christ both in words and actions.....

I bet you weren't one before you became an atheist,that's why you couldn't figure out if there are true or pseudo christians....

And true christians don't support gay practices neither would they act violently towards them.....

but as I can see it seems you might be gay or bisexual,that's why you are. Ever ready to defend gay practices...

Morality does has a lot to do with following Christ and His Father.........

Paul knew about the headship arrangement that brought about decency and orderliness....paul wasn't a sexist.neither am I....

Paul had warm dealings with the then Christian women and he never berated them.....

Read 1 corinthians 11:3 to understand this principle more......
from the conclusions you draw up and your reasoning patterns one questions if you are educated.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 12:49am On Sep 04, 2014
ijawkid: The theme of this post should have been..
:::::

ATHEISTs ARE MORE"" MORAL"" THAN FALSE CHRISTIANS/MUSLIMS.....

Because if we go by your conclusion then we can as well say atheists are as good as Jesus.....that would be crazy...........

there is no way an atheist would be more moral than a genuine Christian....not In this world......

Please being a good person is not synonymous with being a christian get off your high horse
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 12:47am On Sep 04, 2014
UyiIredia:

21% of the people divorcing in a huge population are atheists. That's a pretty bad position considering the FACT. That atheists are the smallest group in the population. For their size their divorce rates are considerably high. Get that into your thick skull.

Atheism is anti-religion you fool! Aren't you an informed atheist ? Don't you see what atheists say on discussion boards, YouTube etc.

Atheism was part of the ideology of Stalin & Pol Pot and had much to do with their killlings. Stop denying this simple truth.

Hitler was an evolutionist, end of story !
And no Hitler was a christian where did you draw up these pseudo conjecture.
Religion / Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by 1ord: 12:44am On Sep 04, 2014
UyiIredia: Given the small percentage of the population they constitute their divorce rates are pretty high. 21% for people who constitute about 10% of the population is a pretty high margin. That said it shows atheists aren't doing too well when it comes to marriage. Now irreligion is still a very minor stance so it isnot possible dfor violence to seep in. Even then atheist regimes such as those of Stalin or Pol Pot are responsible for the deaths of many. Therefore even though there are relatively few cases of violence from atheists. We have some pretty violent cases of atheism gone rabid. I need not lecture anybody on how atheism goes hand-in-hand with the dialectical materialism of Communism. What is most important though is the lack of basis for morality in atheism. In a world without an ultimate arbiter of morality what's the basis for saying someone cannot do what is evil.
Actually what you have done is very wrong defunct statistics. You have just misinterpreted information and whilst i commend your effort it is not acceptable in any scientific circles. The percentage is not a percentage of the total population but the percentage of the statistical population of atheist so if they were 1000 population in total with 980 been Christians and 20 being theists that would be 264.6 of the total Christian population however for atheists that would be 4.2. However comparison in figures is not fair given the large margin in the populations hence percentage is used. You need a solid history in market analysis involving scientific project to understand this. However i hope have debunked your response and you understand.hence your conclusion given you understand this should be wrong. Furthermore religion or ireligion who is to say what is moral and right. Everything seems so subjective sentimental and open to interpretation hence it is volatile. Conquer them with Guns and pacify them with religion. I cant say which is better but we both know which has been less violent
Religion / Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by 1ord: 12:38am On Sep 02, 2014
In the next 10 centuries religion will be nonexistent
Religion / Re: "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola by 1ord: 12:34am On Sep 02, 2014
italo: The doctor says Jesus cured her...that name is like hot coal on the head of the children of satan.

Look at them.
grin grin grin grin grin simpleton
Romance / Re: Real Reasons Why Men Cheat On Beautiful Women by 1ord: 12:15am On Sep 02, 2014
jmoore:
A man cheats on his beautiful wife because he doesn't understand the meaning of marriage vows.
A man cheats on his beautiful wife because he lacks selfcontrol.
A man cheats on his beautiful wife because he thinks with his di**.
A man cheats on his beautiful wife because he is filled with insatiable lustful and selfish desires.
A man cheats on his beautiful wife because when he was a bachelor, he was busy sampling many women and carried the foolish behaviour into marriage.

"Ugly" or beautiful wife, a man who has a wandering di** will always cheat.

#TeamChastity.
looool brahh you need to get some
Religion / Re: IS THERE GOD? by 1ord: 12:04am On Sep 02, 2014
Misogynist2014: Like you read even if God created evil,its still the absence of good as you can see from the passage evil came after the mention of good.Even if evil was created by God, you can clearly infer from the passage that it's in no way for the righteous.God puts evil in the heart of a man,when he leaves the man and not when he is with the man(Saul) or when he wants to destroy evil people e.g. Egypt,Sodom and Gomorrah with exception of if his faith is to be tested e.g. Job or if the evil had to occur for his own good.
Let me tell you my brother,anyone who creates good has created evil e.g. Cars Planes Nuclear energy e.t.c.If God hates the world he wouldn't have sent his son for the evil Adam brought upon man.
Christ himself came to this world and my brother did he cast evil on mankind?No! Is America not doing worse than Sodom and Gomorrah?Have they been destroyed?No! Though everyone knows that the power of America is diminishing daily.This is the world of New Testament,our God is very dynamic in ideas.He has given us the right to leave and suffer the consequences alone.
God created evil because it will be impossible to create good but in the day our world is gonna end,when all will be sieved,those who chose not to be absent from good and keeps to the words of the son of MAN will duel with God and evil will thus be sieved and cast into lake of fire to suffer the consequences of their evil deeds and another world of precious stones will be built,a word devoid of the absence of good,moon and sun and the followers of the son of MAN will reign supreme.
I THINK IT IS BETTER TO FOLLOW THIS GOD THAT HATES EVIL AND HAVE 100% PROBABILITY THAN NOT TO FOLLOW AND HAVE 100% PROBABILITY OF HELL.
What has made Bible different from quran is that in Quran Allah used same principles through out but in Bible God used lenient view of mankind(love,humility and peace;Jesus Christ ) in the NEW TESTAMENT(New Covenant) .
On if God existed,did you know the remains of Pharaoh and his army in red see is in Egypt,telling you God kept to his words and making that part very true and making it true that Moses rod that turned to a snake and ate the magicians snakes(showing the dominance of God over all other gods valid and very true).God said in the last days man will know unrest and CNN confirmed conflicts are rising more than they are being resolved.
God promised if Istrael did not heed his words,he will make Istrael eat one another and it came to pass during the Roman siege.
Even Muslims believe Jesus exist but was a prophet of God who would come back in the last days but read this verse in Bible John 10:30-33 which shows you that the Pharisees couldn't have attempted to Kill Jesus if he was not claiming to be son of God which made many hate him as was seen in the reason they let Barabas go. sad
i have found the premise of eternal damnation in a lake of fire to be quite contradictory. How can an eternal and spiritual presence such as the spirit be harmed by the physical heat. Doesn't add up. Furthermore these concepts and statements are often repeated in religion. God gave man a choice and God has a plan for me. They are used interchangeably as will suit the argument of the religious folks. Not anticipating an argument but i call bu.llsh.it to such statements and every religious opinion on this forum. Baseless bul.lshi..t.
Religion / Re: IS THERE GOD? by 1ord: 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Loool simpletons
Religion / Re: Religion And Intelligence Again!! by 1ord: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
Reyginus: I don't know if calling this researcers dumb will do. To come up with the conclusion below smarks not just of a unique breed of ignorance, but also, a conspicous contempt for religion.
From the site.
The paper concludes that: "Most extant explanations (of a negative relation) share one central theme —the premise that religious beliefs are irrational, not anchored in science, not testable and, therefore, unappealing to intelligent people who 'know better'." The psychologists who carried out the review also sought to pre-empt the secularist interpretation of the findings by suggesting that more intelligent people are less likely to have religious beliefs as they associate themselves with ideas around personal control. "Intelligent people typically spend more time in school - a form of self-regulation that may yield long-term benefits," the researchers wrote. "More intelligent people get higher level jobs (and better employment (and higher salary) may lead to higher self-esteem, and encourage personal control beliefs."
Please educate me? How does it show contempt for religion?
Religion / Re: What Is Atheist's Moral Grounding? by 1ord: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
PastorAIO:

Is this madness?

I haven't twisted anything. I just reiterated what I said previously. If you ever heard me say anything different please present the quote.

Good for you. Now rather than just boast and beat your chest how about you actually make an attempt at presenting an argument.

Yeparipa, come and see Were. All because I said we have God-given altruism and you responded that Altruism is not the voice of God and then I agreed with you that it wasn't the voice of God. It has now turned into a one sided battle where you have hard core proof. Proof of what exactly I don't know.... Proof that I said altruism was God's voice? Menhhhh, as you are 'willing to provide' I cannot deny that I'm very very keen to see this evidence because that will make you a magician and a miracle worker and I Will become your foremost disciple.

It just keeps getting funnier and funnier. Where you burst out from wey you still get rope for neck? sebi you will first make accusation before you know if I'm willing to answer. But first you must demonstrate it's relevance to the thread.

grin grin grin
You really are a delightful chap. I shouldn't laugh, I know, after all you are somebody's child, but I can't help it. I don't think you are evil or any of the other things that you think that I think of you. However since reading this your latest post I do think you have hallucinations and delusions.

What has any of this got to do with the Moral Grounding of Atheists? Abeg my friend, Face your problem where your problem is doing you.
You know it is within my capacity to silence you forcing you to writhe into the hole from whence you came. However since you seem to lack basic etiquette's whatsoever and i dare not reduce myself to your mentally defunct capacity,given, you have the right to be st.upi.d .I am at a place where s.tu.pidity doesn't phase me as i know some way your type will serve in furthering my agenda one day. Like i said i don't boast and can silence you. I can prove factually that it is not god given but i have decided to sit out this fight because you have just revealed how classless your vermin kind is. Furthermore the burden of proof lies with you as you made the very absurd claim. I can say obatala gave us alturism and base my reason on a some night time story book i pulled outta my a.ss.Furthermore, this whole moral grounding crap has been debunked over and over again, hence it seems that the religious ones are willing to be stupid. I say why not let them be? If you sincerely have a question and need an answer ask. Those who seek knowledge will be rewarded little one.Furthermore where did you infer i had any problem whatsoever i seem to be do better than you on a mental or psychological level. One needs just read through the comments to determine the quality of education and my family background . You my friend should stick to the pig styles you reside in. It is clear from earlier comments i tried to treat you like a human being but now i see you are nothing but vermin. Furthermore i have revealed how morality has led to crimes against humanity and how morality and it's i am righteous than thou stand is nonsense as it is fallacy that only resides in the shallow brain washed minds of religious folks. I you have the time review earlier discussions on this thread and my replies if your question on morality is not answered then pls ask there is enough knowledge in me for 20 generations of your kind. Pls pull out your dictionary when reading this your bible wont help you here pastor.

1 Like

Religion / Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by 1ord: 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
The truth is it is impossible.No true thinking atheist can actually defunct to religion. Because what has been seen cannot be unseen. We have studied these scriptures and have been wishing for our faith to manifest. We know the bible better than most pastors some of us even go so far back as trying to understand the orginal context and language of the bible or quran. The plot holes are staggering and as we search for a reason to believe our scrutiny and eye for detail reveals so many contradicting acts and statements of your gods that such a being can not be termed supreme as he seems the figment of the imagination of some defunct minded cave man. We look at science and see how rational it is straight to the point and correct everytime it is almost universally right. Your gods have failed in their directive as the higher individual or supreme beign our science doesn't fail once it has been proven.I cannot base my existence on hope and a fallacy.Please do not reply if you are not wiling to have your faith prodded with accusations that are factual.I respect your beliefs but if you opt for an argument that is a whole other package just trying to give an insight on why atheists can not be convinced. Because they have seen reasons not to believe and those reasons are always shoved under the rug .

Religion / Re: What Is Atheist's Moral Grounding? by 1ord: 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
PastorAIO:

I never said it was the voice of God. I said it was god-given. I repeat, what about the voice of God that says, 'listen to your god-given altruism'?

Could you answer that please?
See no matter how you try to twist or interprete your own statements even if it suits your own prerogative you will end up loosing this argument. Because i have facts and research from countless sources whilst you just have opinion. It is a one sided battle i wish to sit out because you have decided not to look at any ones perspective but yours. I am willing to look at yours whilst your not willing to look at the hard core proof and evidence i am willing to provide. You are not willing to answer accusations i can make against leaders of your faith and the faith itself. You are willing to turn a blind eye against whatever i say. It is a preconceived idea in your mind that i am evil and that some mysterious angel of darkness has sent me to let you astray. If you are willing to look up facts unbiased answer questions and accusations i will make against the christian faith its dogmatic believes and listen to logic i will reply if not i rather do something else than engage in nonconstructive arguments . "You can't wake up a man that pretends to sleep"

1 Like

Religion / Re: With God On Our Side: God-inspired Violence - The Christians by 1ord: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
skyone: @theretiona

you are living in the deepest pit of ignorance. You need to calm your spirit and sincerely study the Christian religion. Blabing and causing nuisance on this forum is not the key to your answer. I advise you employ some valuable time to see the light and part from the darkest side of the world you live in. God bless you.
You sir are the scum of the earth.Now writhe into the little hole you whence came from and kill yourself as you have revealed that you religious animals are not worth a humans time. He has given references citations and proofs along with critical thinking to reveal your lot to be barbaric animals yet you cannot defend yourself and choose to attack him .Pls kill yourself
Religion / Re: The Dangers Of Religious Fundamentalism To Intellectualism by 1ord: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
imhotep: Communism (which condoned State atheism) and Nazism (you remember this, don't you) were also developed by critical thinkers. You don't need to look far to see the catastrophe they unleashed on the world.
loool pseudo intellectual at best nazism was developed as a result of a moral perspective not objective reasoning i.e Doing Gods work by getting rid of all the devlish Jews. Leave reasoning to more sound minds and read your story books
Religion / Re: The Brainwashed Evangelical Christians & The Scandal Of Their Mind by 1ord: 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2014
noetic: @ poster

ur lunacy is legendary. why search a rotten book? why not leave a rotten book to those who believe in it?
me think ur brand of atheism has nothing to do with the nihilism or existence of God, but a lot to do with your lack of convictions, moral debauchery and incoherence of thoughts. 

To be sure I am engaged in a debate with a logical person, I ask. Was pig part of the type of food declared as abominable by God to Moses? why not search google, like u do best.
To the moral aspect, does atheism place more relevance on animals than humans?  It probably explains the rationality of most of ur posts.

WHAOO. . . . . 
I thought u always said Jesus was a fictional character? So do u now believe in the potency of His words? If not, y r u so bothered?
He only said a word, he didn't use a cutlass, hoe or tractor to destroy the tree, neither did he tell lies in the name of science, like u r fond of doing.

I wonder how rational u are? It wasn't like they did it at night. They took it at the full glare of the main critics of Christ, the Pharisees and Sadducee.
These people were only concerned that this act was being done on a Sabbath day. that should tell a rational person that it was customary of anyone passing on that field to do the same, the only exception being the Sabbath day.

Was that what u deduced from the passage? I m not surprised, considering the intelligence of most of ur posts.
He only asked us as Xtians to prioritise meaningfully and never let the love of our families deny us from service and our heavenly goal.

where in ur delusion did u read or deduce this from the bible?

How many of them did He kill before He died? For ur gullibility I will state that this a prophecy awaiting fulfilment. Jesus is coming back to rapture the saints and to war against the enemies of God.
Since u claim to be atheistic but primarily obsessed with Jesus, it is pertinent I ask u to think through ur choice. What awaits u when Jesus returns?
Instead of trying to intellectually defend your position you attack his very valid points. I hope you know your pointless statements and attack on his moral integrity does n ot invalidate the legitimate questions he posed. Furthermore i have a question ? When Elisha cursed the children and they were eaten by beards is that justifiable?Is it moral? It is difficult to understand your gods validity when he seems to make decisions like a child throwing a tantrum.
Religion / Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by 1ord: 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
macof:

I say it again.

Oduduwa created the world with a chicken and a bag of sand.
If you take this literally and miss the message that's your problem not mine or my ancestor's
Please can you enlighten me on what the message is because i seem to be very stupid. And also pls tell me how that information contributes to Nigeria economically and socially. Furthermore how does such principles foster unity peace and lead to less corruption in the Nigerian society.I must be really st.up.id.
Education / Re: Why Aren't There Nigerians in My College? by 1ord: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
Bolt3: I just resume in my US college and I noticed that out of the 10 Africans I am the only Nigerian. Meanwhile, there are 4 ethiopians 3 Rwandans and 1 Ghanian. I thought alot of Nigerians go to the US.
Nope most Nigerians study in Britain
Religion / Re: Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated by 1ord: 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
macof:

You type I have come across many times.

The bold is Africa's problem, copy...we try to copy the West and forget our heritage. Korea that u mentioned never copied the West, they built on their heritage

It is only Africa that watever comes from abroad is rated the highest. We hate ourselves, how can the world see anything good in Africa when Africans don't see anything good in Being African.

I blame Foreign religions tho.

You talk of oduduwa creating earth with a chicken...yes, Oduduwa did. If you don't understand the story that's your problem

Ifa patakis are not like Bible stories

Every civilization in the world talks about creation with symbolism.. It's ur problem if you can't decode symbolism

There's absolutely nothing primitive about African education. The West learnt from Africa
Nope the earth was not created with a chicken and it is spherical the former is bullshit the latter is education. I learnt about the yoruba myth in high school and its heritage since i am yoruba yes the whole heritage stuff is nice but any information that can not be applied to take us to the next level is absolutely irrelevant .Look to the future and not the past .Did i give any inclination that i was religious whatsoever? Pls don't let sentiments cause you to make depraved decisions because any problem in Nigeria is not western it is Nigerian. There was no symbolism involved all that was involved was a chicken. I am not saying drop african education but i still have no idea what that is , but drop whatever is inefficient and has no productivity and anything that doesnt work should be dropped. How do you expect anyone to see any good in Nigeria when we are so backward. Can you blame me? I interprete data as it is and from what i know with Nigerias population man power and arable land and oil reserves we are doing a mediocre job. Although our Gdp grows at 8% per annum that is still very slow in comparison to what we is obainable look at the growth of malaysia they received independence around the same time as us. Look at the Singaporean and south Korean economic and technological revolution. Interpret things as they are and not as you wish them to be .Nigeria will get there but not by telling children oduduwa created the earth with a chicken but by proper education.Just to clarify what exactly is african education?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.