Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,377 members, 7,929,190 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:37 AM

1Password's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1Password's Profile / 1Password's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Investment / Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 8:45am On Jun 08, 2021
Kennyking1234:

- First read, read, read... read books on investments, finance, study the lives of rich people, study their portfolios, do your personal research and due diligence before investing.
-know what you want and how feasible it is, also time frame.
- Dedicate about 40% or 50% of the capital to safe investment/ indexes/ETFs such as the s&p 500, Russel 3000, DOW 30, Invesco QQQ etc ( I think s$p 500 is the best)
-have about 10 % in cash just in case.
- look into some dividend stocks. e.g APPLE, AT&T
- 20% to 30% can go to growth stocks such amazon, apple, alibaba etc
- invest in different sectors tech, medicine, mining, sports etc
- 5% to 10% to emerging markets ETFs/indexes such as china, brazil, Africa, even Nigeria etc
- 5% to 10% to speculate on volatile equities such as cryptos, $tesla shares, penny stocks.
- long term bonds might also be included.
- Long is usually the best strategy but always have an exit plan in case.

NB: NOT a financial advice just my personal opinion,
incase you need some investment books(pdf) dm
This information is priceless. Your opening sentences are my take-home read read read which is exactly what I am doing. Thank you.
I have dm-ed you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Investment / Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kennyking1234:
It depends on your on your risk appetite , age and capital.

Risk appetite: Medium
Capital: 10m

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It works to slightly above $24,000 or thereabout, depending on the day.......

Are you looking into quick returns or watch it grow.... Investor vs trader......

To start with, you can invest yourself. Education is key (understanding the market, platform to invest with etc)......

Quick returns as I'm planning to quit my job and further my education and I need something I can live on.
Trader.
Thanks, I am willing to invest in myself hence the questions.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

What is reasonable capital?.....

With crypto investments, it's more of a long term strategic investment outlook + luck.......

With shares, be prepared for a roller-coaster ride....... To maximize profits, long term investments is the best strategy......

Unless you want to spreadbet........ Your capital could also varnish, into thin air........

Your best approach is to do your own research and take your own risks...... Nobody knows what this markets would deal tomorrow...... wink

NGN10m.
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by 1Password: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
yazga:
Both are high risk and it also depends on your risk appetite.
I would say stock is profitable because you get dividend either monthly, quarterly or yearly depending on the company unlike crypto. However, crypto has massive gains, a coin could do 240% in a day.

Many people make stock a full time job and are currently living off it as long as you know what you doing. I actually do both. You can sign up with my link on my signature we both get FREE shares.

Thank you very much for taking your time to respond to my inquiries. God bless you.

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1Password: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
erwinschro:

I don't know much about crypto, but for what it's worth, my view is that the volatility is too high to live off the income from trading. The likelihood of having a very bad month is too high and would prove catastrophic if it is your only source of income. As for equities, I think it is possible - but certainly requires a rigorous amount of study and a wealth of experience.

The responsible way to live off of equities is to have a diversified portfolio of stocks that returns in total between 15-20% annually (which is good in absolute terms but inflation is almost 18% so your real return would be in the low single digits). The size of the portfolio would then be dependent on how much you require to live monthly. For example, to have N250k per month you would need a portfolio of N15m that returns 20% annually and that is no easy feat.

You can also attempt to day trade, and use technical analysis to try and predict price movements but the "science" behind it is questionable and I personally think the strategy is akin to gambling and should be treated as such. Would you try to live off an income from bet9ja?

Thank you very much for this priceless piece of advice. God bless you.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1Password: 1:37am On Jun 03, 2021
Hello trade gurus, I am new in this space and need your help to make a good decision, please between stock trading and crypto trading which one is most profitable?
Can someone with a reasonable capital make it a full-time job and live off it comfortably?
Investment / Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by 1Password: 1:31am On Jun 03, 2021
Hello trade gurus, please between stock trading and crypto trading which one is most profitable?
Can someone with a reasonable capital make it a full-time job and live off it comfortably?

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 1:24am On Jun 03, 2021
Hello trade gurus, I need your help to make a good decision, please between stock trading and crypto trading which one is most profitable?

1 Like

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.