Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,340 members, 7,891,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:23 PM

Ebay Users Or Geek... How Do You Buy From Ebay?. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebay Users Or Geek... How Do You Buy From Ebay?. (596 Views)

Dear Nairalanders, What Can You Buy With One Naira? / How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebay Users Or Geek... How Do You Buy From Ebay?. by Joel3(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
i am scared of ebay a especially send money and waiting for arrival of good. I really don't know how to go about receiving items from only shipments. Does local post office work at all? As I learnt before goods can go missing or stolen by local post office officer or demand for some bribe money from your end otherwise they will tell you that they didn't receive the goods.

How do I claim them if they are shiped? What are the local post requirement. I intend buying a single and cheap goods and I will be really economical with cost of getting the items after buying price so it does not override the actual price to get the goods in our local market here.

I am scared of victim of Penny wise palm foolish.
Re: Ebay Users Or Geek... How Do You Buy From Ebay?. by arbitrage: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
To start with, it is not palm foolish but pounds foolish. If the single item you are buying is not a big costly one, it may not be economically wise to import it from eBay considering shipping charges. For example, I ordered and shipped a Samsung smart TV from the US but the shipping and custom clearing were almost near the TV price. I felt bad about it but I still met a lower spec of same TV in Game store at Shoprite (Palm) Lekki at a higher price than my total cost at that time. That was my consolation even though I felt swindled by DHL for paying N116,000+ in customs duty.

Moreover, eBay sellers don't usually ship to Nigeria and so you should not bother about receiving through Nigerian post office. Even if they start shipping to Nigeria, they don't usually send to PO box address in the States.

1 Like

Re: Ebay Users Or Geek... How Do You Buy From Ebay?. by Joel3(m): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2014
thanks. I really appreciate that from you.

that means Shipping from china will be the best than ebay.
Re: Ebay Users Or Geek... How Do You Buy From Ebay?. by tonjeola(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
you can buy from ebay and use 3rd party

(1) (Reply)

<<deleted>> / Three Major Reasons Why Every Home Must Have A CCTV Camera. / Ghana’s Kasapreko Halts N8.2bn Investment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.